Uconnect temp issue ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rob McClure

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi v8
Hi I have the Uconnect 8.4 with nav and for some reason it's saying the outside temp is 19 degrees , it's really 85 degrees also last week my gps was saying I was in Canada , im in Oregon ! LOL! I emailed uconnect still waiting on a reply , I did get it from infotainment and they want to charge me 400.00 to have it sent in to have them look at it or replace it I'm not paying that , so before I go and get a different receiver , is there a way to fix this or is it starting to die ?

thanks for the help !

PaleFlyer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The temp is likely the temp sensor that I think is in your front bumper (don't quote me on that, that might have been my '09 civic) is probably going bad, is the temp changing at all, or locked to 19?

On the GPS, the cable could have come loose, or just gotten a bad lock on the GPS/GLONASS/whatever constellation.

If the cables are all attached, and there is no physical damage, you could try unplugging the battery for a couple hours, and then let the UC "relearn" the truck. I don't think the 8.4's ever "fully" power down in normal operation, unless they get unplugged somehow, and while taking the unit out isn't *that* hard, the battery is WAY easier to get to.

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Hi I have the Uconnect 8.4 with nav and for some reason it's saying the outside temp is 19 degrees , it's really 85 degrees also last week my gps was saying I was in Canada , im in Oregon ! LOL! I emailed uconnect still waiting on a reply , I did get it from infotainment and they want to charge me 400.00 to have it sent in to have them look at it or replace it I'm not paying that , so before I go and get a different receiver , is there a way to fix this or is it starting to die ?

thanks for the help !
Infotainment sucks...does the temperature display better elsewhere? When did you buy it from infotainment?

OP
OP
Rob McClure

Rob McClure

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi v8
Infotainment sucks...does the temperature display better elsewhere? When did you buy it from infotainment?
I got it a little over two years ago and when I called infotainment my extended warranty expired by a month they said, seems kind of fishy to me that a month after my extended warranty went out my receiver starts acting up and they want 400.00 to replace or "fix" it , my temp now reads on the infotainment 19 degrees outside , it's actually 75 today LOL , I'm not too worried about it , I think I'm gonna replace it with an aftermarket one . any recommendations I'd be grateful !