UConnect update for 5/21/13

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chuck

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 True Blue Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I just click on the zip file and Archive Utility unzips the file the iso. Does it all by itself.

If you right click on the zip file and click "Get Info" and look for the (Open With) dropdown, make sure "Archive Utility" is selected. This way it will self unzip.

Great thanks for the info! I'll try to do it tonight when I get home from work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
J

jwb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi Chuck - Just a thought, but on the mac if you double click on an ISO, you see the contents (which sounds like the folder structure you described). So maybe you already have the ISO file and it's named something different? For me (on the mac also), the Chrysler link just downloaded a single file, swdl.iso, which I copied to the USB drive.

Good luck!

thrashie

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 2500 Laramie
Engine
6.7l cummins turbo diesel
don't know if the site is still super slow but added the iso file and install guide to my dropbox for some click n go downloads.

The Update Instructions

The ISO , just dump it to a flash drive

chuck

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 True Blue Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Hi Chuck - Just a thought, but on the mac if you double click on an ISO, you see the contents (which sounds like the folder structure you described). So maybe you already have the ISO file and it's named something different? For me (on the mac also), the Chrysler link just downloaded a single file, swdl.iso, which I copied to the USB drive.

Good luck!

Thanks for the advice! I'm gonna just try to re-download the update because it definitely didn't download just one single file for me. I even searched my entire Mac for the swdl.iso file and finder came back with nothing. Hopefully it will download normally if I do it again.

whalleyb0y

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does Chrysler or Mopar actually notify you when updates are available? Has anyone in Canada done this update? I ask only because we Canadians don't get the app button or the U-connect feature. This app seems mostly useless for any Canadian iphone users imo.
For anyone not tech saavy, I wonder if it would be better to go to the dealership and get them to do the update for you so as to transfer the liability to them in case the update bricks any features or causes unwanted problems. Just a thought.

chuck

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 True Blue Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Does Chrysler or Mopar actually notify you when updates are available? Has anyone in Canada done this update? I ask only because we Canadians don't get the app button or the U-connect feature. This app seems mostly useless for any Canadian iphone users imo.
For anyone not tech saavy, I wonder if it would be better to go to the dealership and get them to do the update for you so as to transfer the liability to them in case the update bricks any features or causes unwanted problems. Just a thought.

I've never been notified of an update. I always just hear about it here on the forum.

whalleyb0y

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I went to the dealership today and spoke with the parts/service dept. They were unaware of any updates and didn't know how to check or perform an update. He went on to explain that Mopar does not notify them of updates either. Kind of disappointing really because I would have expected their lot boy to be out running through the lot updating their vehicles. Nope... actually service dept said they would not even do an update unless there was something wrong with the vehicle (regardless of any new features or software refinement available). They did offer to book me an appointment to drop my truck off so that they may attempt the update but it will cost me a minimum of 1 hr shop time.
I really didn't want to pay anyone to install the update when I can do it myself for free but I did want to talk with their "techie" and find out more about the update details.

bolo1g2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks Thrashie! Way easier than the uconnect website.

chuck

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 True Blue Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I went to the dealership today and spoke with the parts/service dept. They were unaware of any updates and didn't know how to check or perform an update. He went on to explain that Mopar does not notify them of updates either. Kind of disappointing really because I would have expected their lot boy to be out running through the lot updating their vehicles. Nope... actually service dept said they would not even do an update unless there was something wrong with the vehicle (regardless of any new features or software refinement available). They did offer to book me an appointment to drop my truck off so that they may attempt the update but it will cost me a minimum of 1 hr shop time.
I really didn't want to pay anyone to install the update when I can do it myself for free but I did want to talk with their "techie" and find out more about the update details.

That's really disappointing that they wouldn't help you out. I mean sure, it's not a hard DIY install...it's just time consuming. But still. I would have hoped that dealerships would give better customer service. After all we do spend tens of thousands of dollars on these trucks, do I would think that a little courtesy with situations like that would be in order. Guess not.

Hopefully you get it installed successfully on your own!!

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
This one fixed the problems I was having after 13.06.2. The only drawback is for some reason my sterile is much quieter now..........I can turn the volume up all the way to 38 now......and before is was louder in the mid 20s

No idea

I just did this update this morning after reading through this thread. I just got back from a short trip with it, and for me anyway, the stereo sounds better. Deeper bass, higher treble, just an overall better sounding system. I mean its a surprising amount better. Volume seems to be the same. I don't have the Alpine system so it was only average sounding before but its actually respectable now:head3:

chuck

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 True Blue Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I finally had time to do the install last night. And I am also noticing a big improvement in sound quality and clarity especially. I was surprised at how smoothly the install went, didn't have any problems at all.

I still don't have the ability to purchase any apps in the "app store" though (other than the wifi hotspot). Is everyone/anyone else having the same issue? It seems to me as if the "app" part of the Uconnect system hasn't been fully set up by Chrysler yet or something.

ramflava

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins Turbo Diesel
I don't even have the ability to go to the apps screen anymore. Now it just says settings where the apps button used to be.

chuck

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 True Blue Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I don't even have the ability to go to the apps screen anymore. Now it just says settings where the apps button used to be.

If you just finished the install, the app button should come back. Mine disappeared after I did the update and then when I turned the truck off, and back on again, the buttons all went back to normal.

ramflava

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins Turbo Diesel
Nevermind. I just turned off the truck. Opened then closed the door. Waited for media lights I turn off and then turned on the engine. Apps button came back.

chuck

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 True Blue Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Sweet! That's exactly what mine did too. I guess it's a normal part of the update process.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I still don't have the ability to purchase any apps in the "app store" though (other than the wifi hotspot). Is everyone/anyone else having the same issue? It seems to me as if the "app" part of the Uconnect system hasn't been fully set up by Chrysler yet or something.

Same here no apps other than the hotspot and Bing. I read somewhere online that Chrysler is still building the app feature up and also something about switching from Bing to Yelp.

I'm glad to hear that the stereo sounding better wasn't all in my head!

chuck

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 True Blue Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Same here no apps other than the hotspot and Bing. I read somewhere online that Chrysler is still building the app feature up and also something about switching from Bing to Yelp.

I'm glad to hear that the stereo sounding better wasn't all in my head!

Ahh okay good to know. Thanks for the info. I was hoping there would be some real apps on the way to make the truck even more useful.

And yep it definitely does sound alot better now! I may not have noticed if I hadn't read your earlier post but it definitely improved sound quality.