UConnect update for 5/21/13

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bendirkss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sounds expensive already. We shouldn't have to pay for a defect like this

Sent from my Nexus 4

Whiten5arc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi6.0
ooh, downloading it now...the site is super slow tho for whatever reason.6.gif
7.gif
8.gif
9.gif

chuck

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 True Blue Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
didnt work for me. it just downloaded the EXE file, not the ISO.

Hey man, do you have a Mac computer? I have a MacBook and when I downloaded the update onto my computer, I thought the same thing happened. Then I found the ISO file hiding in the "trash". Check there. I don't know how mine ended up there haha but maybe its a common thing.

ScottSmith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Dealer says it should be OK... took all night (literally) to download but I have it now.. Am going to try to apply it tonight.. fingers crossed

chuck

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 True Blue Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Dealer says it should be OK... took all night (literally) to download but I have it now.. Am going to try to apply it tonight.. fingers crossed

I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya too man. I know how frustrating it can be. I struggled with my update at first but that turned out to be my computer's fault.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My buddy who has a 13 CC Laramie with the 8.4an set up an appointment for this morning at the dealer to have this update done, and THEY couldn't get on to the site to do the update. They called several different people at Chrysler and they were told the dealer version of this site will be down for "a while while they work on the problem". They even went as far as to try the customer download site because they had 6 other cars that needed the update done, and of course it didn't work. You know there's a problem when the dealership can't do the update.

chuck

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 True Blue Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Wow that's ridiculous. I guess Chrysler is the overall problem then, not just the Ram brand. That's ashame because I'd expect better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The other thing they said was that every time an update comes out for uconnect, the site gets really slow which I guess is understandable to a point. But at the same time, you would think that if that was the case they would upgrade the servers if this is an ongoing problem...

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D using Tapatalk

chuck

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 True Blue Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Yea exactly. I can completely understand the site being slow from a big increase in traffic. But slow is different than plain just not working at all.

chuck

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 True Blue Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Good call!

ScottSmith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So, I eventually applied the update after some scary moments and some screens popping up that were not described anywhere.. Anyway, the computer now says it's on the new release.. Question I have now is what did it do for me? I still have the random and annoying "Memory System Unavailable Not In Park" message; I still get no "Browse" button for my iPhone 5 music when connected on bluetooth; still no messaging support for iPhone.. It seems to have introduced a problem with the volume control on the voice for the GPS... Did this software update actually do anything that we can see?

whalleyb0y

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am on version 12.43.4 and there absolutely no problems with the system anywhere. Stereo sounds nice, clear and loud. Iphone 5 can be browsed via bluetooth. VR works well and navi voice is clear.
Is it possible for you guys to roll back? Idk if the website still offers previous versions.

Chewy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
GOD I hope mine comes with the 12.43.4 then... I HATE reading that it doesn't work with the iPhone. All we own is iDevices and that's not going to be changing anytime soon.

whalleyb0y

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am on version 12.43.4 and there absolutely no problems with the system anywhere. Stereo sounds nice, clear and loud. Iphone 5 can be browsed via bluetooth. VR works well and navi voice is clear.
Is it possible for you guys to roll back? Idk if the website still offers previous versions.

Well actually the connection with the iphone is great with bluetooth or usb. It shows album art, genres, playlists, podcasts etc.. I was surprised to see it work so well. It's really only missing the music video playback.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So, I eventually applied the update after some scary moments and some screens popping up that were not described anywhere.. Anyway, the computer now says it's on the new release.. Question I have now is what did it do for me? I still have the random and annoying "Memory System Unavailable Not In Park" message; I still get no "Browse" button for my iPhone 5 music when connected on bluetooth; still no messaging support for iPhone.. It seems to have introduced a problem with the volume control on the voice for the GPS... Did this software update actually do anything that we can see?

My buddy had that same "memory not available in park" message and he took it to the dealer and I think they reflashed the evic module although I'm not positive. Regardless, it solved the problem so you might want to set up an appointment...

chuck

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 True Blue Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
So can anyone with the iPhone use the Uconnect for messages? I have the iPhone 4S and it either doesn't work or I can't figure it out.

harrison

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
can anybody help me update my 2010 one?

Litenyaup

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does the update add new roads to the GPS?