UConnect website down

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RamSport13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So yesterday I was back to the dealership to see if they can get my 8.4A radio completely working. This is now on over 4 months and 3 radios later and 6 hours in the dealership yesterday still doesn't work. But I did find out that Chrysler now has at the dealerships the newest version of software (13.19.0) and they shut down the Uconnect update website. I was told that they took it down due to all the problems that they are having with the radios, they want complete control on correcting the problems.

Supposedly I am going to find out within the next couple of days if it can be fixed or if they have to replace it (again).

chuck

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 True Blue Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Wow that's insane. Why wouldn't they let us owners do it ourselves? I'm so glad I got my update in while the website was still running. I don't think I'd take mine back to the dealer just for a Uconnect update.

Between the website barely working properly, all the Uconnect issues that everyone is having, and now this...Chrysler really dropped the ball IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
RamSport13

RamSport13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What's really insane is after I had my last new radio put in, it had software version 13.15.4 already installed, but the dealership, per Chrysler's instructions, had to "update" it to version 13.10.6. Which of course lead me down the road of a draining battery, dash lights on again and numerous problems. Which is why they replaced it in the first place.

I had to come home and re-updated it with the 13.15.4 version to keep my truck running correctly, which the dealership agreed I should do, because they hadn't heard of that version at the time.

Thankfully I have a great rapport with my dealership and they are doing everything they can to get this fixed, within their guide lines of Chrysler that is.

chuck

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 True Blue Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Yea I feel like alot of us are getting angry at the dealerships when in reality it appears that Chrysler is at fault here. It seems like they released a product before it was anywhere near ready to be in production. These Uconnect systems are acting like a product that's in it's
First stages of testing. And still have a TON of bugs to be worked out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

res1551cue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I think the only reason why they released it is because they have to fight with Kia, Hyundi, and Ford with the new radios and features. Kinda glad I didnt go with a 2013. Sucks that you guys keep having issues with your trucks.

chuck

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 True Blue Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I think the only reason why they released it is because they have to fight with Kia, Hyundi, and Ford with the new radios and features. Kinda glad I didnt go with a 2013. Sucks that you guys keep having issues with your trucks.

Yea that's a really good point, you're probably right on the spot with that. I fortunately have been fine with mine so far (knock on wood)...only minor weird issues that haven't affected the experience of the truck really, just annoying little glitches here and there. Basically it's always played music when I wanted to, and since I'm an audiophile that's good enough for me haha.

bmoney082

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ya mine has been perfect since the start

chuck

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 True Blue Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Yea I feel like between this, and all the guys on the forum that are having trouble getting the 8 speed trucks they ordered months ago...Chrysler has some 'splainin to do!

chuck

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 True Blue Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Good point. I always think that way with technology but for some reason I didn't apply it to truck buying. Oh well, at least I guess I've gotten lucky so far.

The Crow 1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L w/8 Speed Trans.
My 8.4A system has performed flawlessly. The ONLY issue I've had so far is having to manually select "Shuffle" on the Media (USB) input every time I start the truck. I'm guessing an update can correct that problem. I'm currently running the newest firmware update (13.15.4).

chuck

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 True Blue Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
That's really ironic because one of the only issues I've had has been that the Uconnect will randomly put the shuffle or repeat modes on, on my iphone when it's connected via bluetooth. Weird.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca