unknown blown fuse ????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Geer hed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
Hello again. I have an 06 Ram 1500 laramie four door cab, four wheel drive.

A few months ago my cigarette lighter quit working. I didn't care cause I still had the auxilary plug to use. Now that one quit also. NO POWER to either of them. I checked all the fuses in the fuse box under the hood. they are all good.

Is there a secondary fuse box hidden somewhere that I'm missing? or has anyone else had this problem and if so how did you fix it?

Thank you for your help.

CVX20

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic Express
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello again. I have an 06 Ram 1500 laramie four door cab, four wheel drive.

A few months ago my cigarette lighter quit working. I didn't care cause I still had the auxilary plug to use. Now that one quit also. NO POWER to either of them. I checked all the fuses in the fuse box under the hood. they are all good.

Is there a secondary fuse box hidden somewhere that I'm missing? or has anyone else had this problem and if so how did you fix it?

Thank you for your help.
Not sure on yours but I've been in vehicles that have 4 fuse/relay panels.If you have a handbook it should show you where they are and what is on each fuse.

OP
OP
Geer hed

Geer hed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
I have an owners manual. It only shows a fuse box under the hood. There are no relays in it which I find weird, and all the fuses are good in it. I checked all the usual places like the right kick panel, the left side of the dash, nothing. I think my next truck is gonna be from the 70s, all this fancy fangle stuff just aint worth the aggrivation.

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Even if the fuse looks good either change it anyway or test with a Ohm meter ,

Sometime a fuse link cracks and not blows .so they still look good

As Rule said fuse 1 and maybe 40

try changing 1 test your outlet then the other and see if that helps.

If the fuses are good maybe a bad ground or hot wire ?

Test the outlet with a meter to see if hot !

use a body bolt or truck metal for a ground,

If you read 12v I would check the ground wire , critters love to eat wires
Please update what you find

Last edited:

Smokeybear01

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
I'm showing fuse #29 for the lighter (20A) and #25 for the power outlet, also a 20A fuse. Mine is also a Laramie of close to same vintage with quad cab and 4wd. HTH
If you have access to an ohm/volt meter, try checking first that you have power at the correct fuse location both before and after the fuse. If you do, the problem lies in the wires to them. Good luck.

OP
OP
Geer hed

Geer hed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
I checked ALL the fuses. looked at them, pulled them, looked at them, tested them for continuity, put them back in in tested for power on both sides of the fuse to make sure power is going through. checked at the socket for power. No power at socket. Checked ground, has good ground.

I had power and then lost it, the socket just quit, one then the other. It is definitely a power issue. So now I rip the dash apart and start looking and tracing wires for a break.
Either that or say hell with it and hook up my own socket. ( wouldn't be the first time I bypassed the factory crap)
At least that way I will know exactly where the fuse is and how it's wired.

I was hoping someone else ran into this and solved it to save me time of searching.

Thanks for your help.

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
I'm showing fuse #29 for the lighter (20A) and #25 for the power outlet, also a 20A fuse. Mine is also a Laramie of close to same vintage with quad cab and 4wd. HTH
If you have access to an ohm/volt meter, try checking first that you have power at the correct fuse location both before and after the fuse. If you do, the problem lies in the wires to them. Good luck.
Oddly enough '05 placement was different than '06. :hmm:

Smokeybear01

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
I checked ALL the fuses. looked at them, pulled them, looked at them, tested them for continuity, put them back in in tested for power on both sides of the fuse to make sure power is going through. checked at the socket for power. No power at socket. Checked ground, has good ground.

I had power and then lost it, the socket just quit, one then the other. It is definitely a power issue. So now I rip the dash apart and start looking and tracing wires for a break.
Either that or say hell with it and hook up my own socket. ( wouldn't be the first time I bypassed the factory crap)
At least that way I will know exactly where the fuse is and how it's wired.

I was hoping someone else ran into this and solved it to save me time of searching.

Thanks for your help.
Sorry I wasn't any help. Maybe it's the sockets and not the wiring? Good luck and let us know what you end up doing.

CVX20

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic Express
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Maybe there's green death on the bottom side of the fuse panel(corrosion).Is there power on either side of the fuse when it's plugged in?