Update On 2019 RAM Rebel Mods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scott_Bourne

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 E-Torque
I've been working on this for months. I've had some hits and misses. The usual pain of trying something new combined with occasional euphoria when something works like it's supposed to.

For a full list of mods go to https://ramtruckguy.com/blog/f/2019-ram-rebel-mods-as-of-may-2019

Highlights:
Diamond Back HD Cover was a joy too install. Great instruction manual. Everything the way you'd expect it to be. Solid fit. No water gets underneath. Tough as nails - perhaps my favorite feature on the truck. It fits well above the Decked Pull Drawer System.

GoRhino RB 20 Running boards also went on without a hitch. I've seen some say that the instructions were confusing - they weren't confusing to me. Some have also said it's not sturdy. I can only assume that they installed them incorrectly because mine are rock solid and I weigh 285.

MEH:
The AMP Research 75322-01A Retractable Bumper Step only has three screws holding it together. They should have a plate that runs the length of the step for extra support. I have doubts this will last. The company says it holds 300lbs but I doubt it will for long. Also was hard to install using the bolts they supplied. I had to substitute my own bolts. Not very clean - sticks out - still gonna look for a better solution.

Lowlights:
The ZROADZ light kit is something I have a love / hate relationship with. The instructions suck. They sent the wrong parts. Nothing fit (on the 50" light bar) and what should have been something that took two guys less than two hours took two guys 12 hours - I'm gonna write a separate post about the experience with pictures. I love the looks of the lights - they work well. But the install was a nightmare - straight up.

More info coming...

_5111790-Edit.jpg

_5111811-Edit.jpg

_5161845-Edit.jpg

_5161854-Edit.jpg

_5161883.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodie1990