Upsizing wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Baby Blue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey Guys, I'm new to the forum so please bear with me as I muddle my way through this. I have a 2019 1500 SLT 4X4. I added a 2" level kit and got a hold of a set of Sport 20" X 9" wheels wrapped in 35X12.50r20 Toyo AT3 tires. This truck is my daily driver. I'd like to start a discussion on what you guys think about speedo calibration. I use the truck for work and get paid by mileage, so it's important to me to be accurate on the odometer. Any thoughts?

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.

AlfaOBD might be your answer. There is a lot of information in the 4th & 5th Gen DIY sections here regarding the tool.

kurek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
AlfaOBD and jscan can both do it. Just like android and iphone, people divide into camps over it :) I think jscan is easier to use.

OP
OP
Baby Blue

Baby Blue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
After a little research, looks like 2018+ Rams have an SGW to block third party software, and I'll need a bypass cable. Can anyone elaborate/suggest a particular cable?

Tim7139

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Classic ST Crew 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi w/8 speed 3.92 gears
After a little research, looks like 2018+ Rams have an SGW to block third party software, and I'll need a bypass cable. Can anyone elaborate/suggest a particular cable?
I use the ones made by a forum member here.

OP
OP
Baby Blue

Baby Blue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks Tim7139. I haven't visited the forum in a while, but since then, I've purchased the OBDlink MX+, The KAOdtech bypass cable, and AlfaOBD software. After a short learning curve, It's already more than paid for itself by making only 2 mods, if you calculate about $150.00 per trip to the dealer to make your changes. I have calibrated my speedo to dead nuts on with the bigger wheels and just today installed and enabled the Mopar integrated trailer brake controller! This setup is soooo cool! I can't wait to find another opportunity to use it again!