USB in Console

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

patchelect

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My console/armrest has two USB connectors. One on the left which is for the connection to the stereo/music system. One on the right which is a power outlet. Both will provide power to charge my phone but when I use the sound system one it overrides whatever is currently on the radio (stock). The one on the right will charge my phone but I must always unplug the cord from the outlet (I always leave it in place) in order to instigate the charging otherwise I get no charging at all. The one on the left works fine all the time. I've tried looking inside the plug region but cannot see any out of place lint or other possible problems. It's not a major issue but it is a PITA. I don't have this problem on any other vehicles where I always leave a cord plugged in. Am I overlooking something or is this thing malfunctioning? I haven't attempted to open anything up at this time although I may be induced to try it.

BadCJ7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My console/armrest has two USB connectors. One on the left which is for the connection to the stereo/music system. One on the right which is a power outlet. Both will provide power to charge my phone but when I use the sound system one it overrides whatever is currently on the radio (stock). The one on the right will charge my phone but I must always unplug the cord from the outlet (I always leave it in place) in order to instigate the charging otherwise I get no charging at all. The one on the left works fine all the time. I've tried looking inside the plug region but cannot see any out of place lint or other possible problems. It's not a major issue but it is a PITA. I don't have this problem on any other vehicles where I always leave a cord plugged in. Am I overlooking something or is this thing malfunctioning? I haven't attempted to open anything up at this time although I may be induced to try it.

Mine does the same thing including the one on the dash down by the passengers knee. Plug my phone into the cord, nothing. Unplug and plug cord back into the USB and it will then charge. I hate it. Sometimes I plug my phone in and forget to do it to the cord and it doesn’t charge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk