using a ODB2 Splitter for AMP D Throttle Booster and RAMTAZER

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

robinsontech

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 1500 Classic 2WD
Engine
hemi 5.7
I always say, I am not a Car guy at all, just a computer guy. I don't see there would be an issue, but I am going to ask just to get extra opinions. I have googled but no luck, but does anyone feel it's a bad Idea or could cause issues installing the AMP D Throttle Booster and the RAMTAZER. Both do different things, and I do not like the or trust myself with the RAMTazer changes to the Transmission or gear Ratio. I like some of the options in the RAMTAZER and would also use some of the features in the Future like Adding new Headlights that have an LED DRL, but that's later on. The RAMTAZR gives options like Auto Folding Mirrors, few other that I like. And well the AMD D Throttle Booster is a must to give me options to make the Throttle more responsive. Anybody think this is a bad Idea, from my research I have seen both these add on's safe and do as described. I'm not trying to Race anybody, but like the option of ECO mode and Performance depending on if I'm traveling and want to be able to move around in Traffic quickly. Thank you for any insight you can give me. I know my weaknesses, and I do not want to mess up a 40000 dollar Vehicle. I just had a level kit installed and added some all Terrain Tires last week.

John Jensen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
I'm not familiar with the devices you want to add but there's a basic rule using an OBD2 splitter. You can add a device that writes to the ECU and a device that reads the ECU, or two devices that read, but not two devices that write.

OP
OP
R

robinsontech

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 1500 Classic 2WD
Engine
hemi 5.7
Oh great, well that's good to know. I want to say the Tazer for the options I would like, Its not required to stay plugged in. But the AMP D Throttle Booster is. BTW if you want a little more power in your RAM, google the AMP D Throttle booster. All the Reviews I have seen, it seems like it's not a fake like other ODB "performance Chips", and it's sold on Holley.com. Thank you again for your input, this is why I always do research and never think I just know everything.

chopperman1

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Rebel
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I run the Tazer off a splitter (built in to my bypass cable). For some things such as the auto power-fold windows it does need to remain plugged in. That said, when I use alfa I remove the Tazer. Can't have 2 things writing to the canbus at the same time.

John Jensen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Oh great, well that's good to know. I want to say the Tazer for the options I would like, Its not required to stay plugged in. But the AMP D Throttle Booster is. BTW if you want a little more power in your RAM, google the AMP D Throttle booster. All the Reviews I have seen, it seems like it's not a fake like other ODB "performance Chips", and it's sold on Holley.com. Thank you again for your input, this is why I always do research and never think I just know everything.
Thanks for the suggestion. I'm already tuned.

OP
OP
R

robinsontech

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 1500 Classic 2WD
Engine
hemi 5.7