vibration / front suspension?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jh90731

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 1500 Express 4x4 RegCab
Engine
hemi 5.7
My 2014 Express 4WD suspension with 73k miles is completely stock. Lately I’ve been experiencing some vibration throughout the entire truck. Not necessarily through the steering system or at the steering wheel. Last week I had the tires rotated and re-balanced at Discount Tire and it seems to have helped. But this past weekend while making a sweeping left hand turn at about 45-50 mph the entire truck started shaking severely. Once I came out of the turn it smoothed out but it wasn’t a pleasant feeling. I looked in the front wheel wells to see if there was anything obvious and I noticed in the top mounting areas for the strut assemblies there is some hydraulic oil and also on the shock tubes. Strangely it is the same on both the left and right sides. I can understand this occurring randomly on one of them but has anyone experienced a failure and leakage of both front shocks simultaneously? Also, the truck is not exhibiting the usual continual bouncing motion after hitting a bump that's common with worn shocks. The truck’s suspension is not abused. It’s mostly highway driving with the occasional off-highway for camping and mtn biking trips.TIA

wooter

Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 1/2
Engine
Turbo Diesel 5.7
199-1/2 Dodge 2500HD 4WD Auto , 5.9 Cummins w/Added Power Puck - Have experienced the Death Wobble Also - Had new shocks, steering Damper, Track Bar and some other Front-End Components: Pulling a 35 Ft fith wheel. I Drove to Yuma, AZ, about 2400 miles, Another 3000 miles there, Returning Home, got to Demming NM and The whole truck started to shake Violently. Went to a truck Repair place there: They replaced Track Bar, Steering Damper as well I had them put on new Tires. When I got home to OHIO, I also put a Steering Stabilizer on! When we left for AZ, truck had about 90K and now has about 165K Have not had The Death Wobble again but am always fighting Steering Problems. The truck now going in for front end work again: It wonders all over the road!