want more aggressive transmission tuning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeeplj8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Coming from the diesel world where you can tune just about anything...I wonder if any of the gas tuners allow you to fine tune your transmission shifting? I really dislike how quickly it upshifts, and how slow the downshifts are.

RLJ10X

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If you have a six speed, get a Hemifever. Tune. I love my truck. The 8s are supposedly even better. It I’m sticking with what I have for the foreseeable future.

co-pilot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I really wish i could change the shift pattern in my truck without spending a grand!!!

jasonw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
The 8-speed tuning for the 2014s is a bit... funky. I was advised to not mess with it, its hit or miss whether it will even work or not. I am guessing because 2013 and 2014 were the first two years the RAM had the 8-speed, there are some issues frequently with tuning it.

Regardless, I am still happy with my Hemifever-tune for just the engine. The 8-speed shifts way better than the old 5/6 speeds ever did.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
sorry - thought the truck info was posting. Need to figure out the signature section.

2014 5.7, 8 speed, 4x4.

Hit up Jay Greene tuning,he's tuning the 2014 8 speeds with HP tuning or sometimes Diablo. It'***** or miss using Diablo's platform,but I think the missed 14's can be tranny tuned via HP if the Diablo platform doesn't work.My 2014 8 speed 4X4 has been tranny tuned via HP for well over a year

VB712

Maxi_built
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hit up Jay Greene tuning,he's tuning the 2014 8 speeds with HP tuning or sometimes Diablo. It'***** or miss using Diablo's platform,but I think the missed 14's can be tranny tuned via HP if the Diablo platform doesn't work.My 2014 8 speed 4X4 has been tranny tuned via HP for well over a year
I’m tuned by Jay.

He’s the man. We are on tune #4 so apparently he’s getting me setup perfect seeing as I feel the truck runs perfect and when I send him data logs, he sends me revisions.

So you are engine tuned with diablo and trans tuned with hp tuners?

I’ve heard hptuners is expensive. I have one of the weird 2014s that jay can’t tune my trans via diablosport.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I’m tuned by Jay.

He’s the man. We are on tune #4 so apparently he’s getting me setup perfect seeing as I feel the truck runs perfect and when I send him data logs, he sends me revisions.

So you are engine tuned with diablo and trans tuned with hp tuners?

I’ve heard hptuners is expensive. I have one of the weird 2014s that jay can’t tune my trans via diablosport.

I'm tuned engine and tranny via HP. HP's platform is superior to Diablo's platform as you can access more parameters with HP versus Diablo.I stepped up and bought the HP Pro Suite VCM about a year and half ago,so we could tune my transmission. You'll have to check with Jay about using HP to tune your tranny,as i'm not sure what he'd charge for just a HP tranny tune. With HP you can leave the convertor unlocked past first gear,i'm not sure if Diablo allows you to unlock the convertor,or if they keep it locked after 1st.For most guys unlocking the convertor after 1st probably isn't a requirement. There's a couple guys experimenting with high line pressures and leaving the convertor unlocked till about 3rd or 4th gear,while dimishing the tranny torque management to almost nil.I'm waiting to see how that idea pans out ,before I try it,lol. The idea kinda makes sense on paper,but how well it'll work out in the real world as far as transmission life expectancy goes,is still to be seen. The idea is to smack the hell out of the clutches with the high line pressure to lock them together harder,while softening the blow slightly by leaving the convertor unlocked,so that tranny torque management isn't needed.My buddy is one of the guinea pigs experimenting with this idea on his nitroused 2015 R/T,i'm waiting to see if his transmission grenades before I try it out,also curious to see if the truck gains anything at the track,lol. I do know his truck shifts hard as hell,and quicker then any tuned 8 speed I've seen,but whether the thin 3.5mm clutch drums will handle the shock load of hitting the clutch packs super hard,is what i'm questioning.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Poor man's tranny tune, just drive in tow haul mode?