Wanting more low end grunt!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bctexascrazy1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Got a 15' crew cab sport leveled on 35s, my truck does have the 3.92s with 8 speed. So far my only mods consist of vararam intake, catch can, magnaflow 14" with moes 5" tips. My main goal with my truck is to get more power n torque to make up for the rolling mass im carrying. I want headers but my wallet says otherwise right now, I plan to do the 87tb and the ati w underdrives. I just want my power back I lost putting big wheels n tires on and then some?

StoneDude76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Unlocked PCM and a Diablo Sport tuner with a custom tune. From my understanding the headers will get you upper rpm power.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

razor1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
throttle body will be no help without other major motor mods, tuner is better option for sure

StoneDude76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Off the line snap can be fixed with a higher stall tq converter..
Not sure there is a aftermarket torque converter yet that has made a difference with the 8- speed trans.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
4.10 gears would be a good start.

Csanders1992

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.10 gears would be a good start.

4.10 would be a complete waste from 3.92. A custom tune will be the biggest difference. Headers will be a big gain. When I put headers on my Chevy I expected to loose power down low, boy was a wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
B

Bctexascrazy1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah I plan to do a tuner asap, but was wanting to do pretty much all bolt ons first and that way when they send me the tune it will be tuned to support all my mods

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
I would also start with the tuner as it is going to show the biggest gains. If you go through us for the tuning, your custom tune updates are free from Hemifever, so its OK if you install more mods down the road. Just email Hemifever when you add a new mod, and they will send you an updated tune at no cost.

Gamester

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Yea, there are a couple higher stall converters out there, but from my understanding that won't help much anyways until we are able to tune transmission parameters for the 8-speed.

Paluby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yea, there are a couple higher stall converters out there, but from my understanding that won't help much anyways until we are able to tune transmission parameters for the 8-speed.

You wont get quite the shock and awe treatment that the 6sp gents get when they upgrade their TC no.

Gamester

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Yea, considering those converters are over $900 and don't offer much gain until the transmission is tuneable, it is not a wise investment as of yet for the 8-speeds.

Paluby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
All in due time, one of those I you've done everything else then mine as well just get it and you'll be ready when Trans tuning becomes available.

nickpohlaandp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yeah I plan to do a tuner asap, but was wanting to do pretty much all bolt ons first and that way when they send me the tune it will be tuned to support all my mods

Don't be deceived. You will still need to datalog and send it to your tuner, whomever you choose. The tune they send you will be damn close, but it won't be perfect (Unless it's the tune that they dialed in for your next door neighbors identical truck with identical mods).

craigsez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
tunes

Don't be deceived. You will still need to datalog and send it to your tuner, whomever you choose. The tune they send you will be damn close, but it won't be perfect (Unless it's the tune that they dialed in for your next door neighbors identical truck with identical mods).

2 trucks made on the same line same day "CAN" be worlds apart even with same mods..

OP
OP
B

Bctexascrazy1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Think I'm gonna go ahead and get the tuner w hemi fever and after I get all my other mods done gonna drive it to jay Greene and have him Dino tune it, he's like 2hrs from my house