Water in the cab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Iggy4935

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So I was away for the 4th plus a few days at the beach. Truck stayed home. Came back got in the truck to run a few errands and my weather tech floor mat on the driver side had a puddle on it. Grabbed the o **** handle and it was wet. Water seems to get getting in and running down the A pillar dropping out of the handle and from behind the emergency brake pedal. Is there a common weather strip on the outside that leaks? Nothing looks out of place. Was thinking of just putting a bead of sealant up there. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
is your roof antenna above the drivers side like my 2018 Ram? Apparently a puck or shark fin leak can occur on some of them.

OP
OP
I

Iggy4935

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
is your roof antenna above the drivers side like my 2018 Ram? Apparently a puck or shark fin leak can occur on some of them.

Yes it is rear driver side.

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
there is a way to remove it and seal it with silicone if that's it. if you do some searching on the forums you might find. it may seem like it's not close to where the water would come down on the A pillar but water can do weird things in finding the path of least resistance. take a close look. any moisture signs on headliner below the puck or sharkfin?

OP
OP
I

Iggy4935

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
there is a way to remove it and seal it with silicone if that's it. if you do some searching on the forums you might find. it may seem like it's not close to where the water would come down on the A pillar but water can do weird things in finding the path of least resistance. take a close look. any moisture signs on headliner below the puck or sharkfin?

No the back the of truck is bone dry.

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
yeah thats good. you could try to remove part of the liner and seal there or as i'm actually going to do with mine now, put a bead of clear waterproof silicone on the edge on top. not like i look at my roof! LOL. no leaks on mine but preventative measure on my mind.

madtrucker2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Check your windshield it might be the problem then look at door seal get the hose out and hang it over the front part of truck,and sit inside with flashlight and maybe find the leak. That is how the car dealers do it. Then when you know where it is bring to dealer for the fix under warranty

OP
OP
I

Iggy4935

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Check your windshield it might be the problem then look at door seal get the hose out and hang it over the front part of truck,and sit inside with flashlight and maybe find the leak. That is how the car dealers do it. Then when you know where it is bring to dealer for the fix under warranty

Bumper to bumper has expired. But it’s a good idea. I don’t mind putting a few beads
Of silicon down if that stops its.

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
won't hurt. i had a tube of ge clear marine grade (aquarium) sealant. just taped some frog tape around it cause i'm messy. and ran a bead with my finger. sets in 1/2 hour then i'll take the tape off.

madtrucker2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Bumper to bumper has expired. But it’s a good idea. I don’t mind putting a few beads
Of silicon down if that stops its.

3 years 36000 miles guess your past the miles on the warranty, maybe they still will fix it under 3 year warranty if a part fails some have different times for warranty on the part you may have to pay labor