We just placed an order for a Dodge Hornet GT Blacktop, thoughts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Snoopy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Congratulations!! I am happy for ypu! I always love to see people get what they want.

farout75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 L
Well, luckily Houston is well known for its year round cold climate, and the vehicle is built in Italy so reliability is bound to be amazing... :confused:
Turbos do well in the heat, it's the cold that can cause issues. I wish you told us the $ I am interested in one, but first year cars sometimes have start up issues, but perhaps not so much as this car is already beeing made under a different name.

OP
OP
Jessica Smith

Jessica Smith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Turbos do well in the heat, it's the cold that can cause issues. I wish you told us the $ I am interested in one, but first year cars sometimes have start up issues, but perhaps not so much as this car is already beeing made under a different name.
Only one you can order right now is the GT trim 265hp / 295ftlbs twin scroll direct injection Hurricane 4 2.0L (not multiport unfortunately) w/ AWD and a LSD and torque vectoring handling, that's what I ordered. It comes pretty loaded standard w/ LED everything and the big 10" radio and 12" instrument cluster auto-hold, passive entry, wireless AA/CP, adaptive cruise, the works:

Capture.JPG

The RT will be a PHEV, which has a 175hp 1.3T and a 121hp rear motor to make 285hp / 383ftlbs but will cost a whopping $10K more, and because its made in Italy, with the new government regulations it won't get the $7.5K tax credit anymore.

MSRP was $29,995 for the GT AWD, $495 for paint, $495 for winter package, $2,245 for tech package, whopping $1600 destination (highest in the industry I think), $150 documentation fee, comes out to basically $35K before taxes.

craigsez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well if ordered and paid for,what our opinions are dont matter..
If not paid for be prepared for a possible $ by the time its ready for delivery...
I did hear rumurs of manufactures upping price at last min..
A friend of mine was knocked off his feet when ford increased the price of his new lightening by thousands when it was about ready for delivery..

SPLYMYER

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nice Build!!

Attachments

• TIREFULL.jpg
    TIREFULL.jpg
    302 KB · Views: 1
  • RAM 1.jpeg
    RAM 1.jpeg
    268.4 KB · Views: 1

Tracy in IL

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 diesel
I always avoid a first or second year model til they get the bugs worked out.

OP
OP
Jessica Smith

Jessica Smith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well if ordered and paid for,what our opinions are dont matter..
If not paid for be prepared for a possible $ by the time its ready for delivery...
I did hear rumurs of manufactures upping price at last min..
A friend of mine was knocked off his feet when ford increased the price of his new lightening by thousands when it was about ready for delivery..
Haven't paid anything, but was told I'd be locked in once I have a build number which I still don't have, I'm going to call tomorrow.

Some manufacturer's stock prices are recently down as they are expecting that consumer demand will fall with fears of a worsening recession. So if anything this might be the last six months of price gouging and what not before we get back to the regular thousands off MSRP incentives.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Hornet is PH balanced for a woman but strong enough for a man.

Well the only other hatchback style Dodge is the Durango, and that would be a lot more expensive to buy and operate I think. We had priced one out and a GT with blacktop and the new 10.1" uconnect was something like $45K MSRP. Plus, I added a front camera to my Ram as I find it so much easier to inch up to walls so you don't have to reverse park every time, and I don't think the Durango has a 360 camera option at any price while the Hornet had a 360 camera option.

I think the Hornet will be great for our trips as it has level 2 autonomous driving.

The Jeep Cherokee is rated 29mpg highway with the same AWD powertrain, but I'm thinking the Hornet might even hit 30mpg since its a bit slicker shape.
My wife loves her cherokee limited. Cherokee is a decent vehicle. Her 2016 has been trouble free for 120000 miles. Hers has the 3.2 pentastar. Just mentioning this in case you can’t wait for the hornet.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Also very sorry to hear about your ram. Good to hear you walked away.

La Ramie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Congratulations on the purchase.
If more people like you purchase the hornet, we might have a chance of keeping the HEMI engines and might have them back on the next cars. Similar to how Ford could make a V8 Mustang thanks to the Mach-E.

If I didn't have too many cars, I would have bought Hornet in GT trim as well. I don't care about the PHEV.

farout75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 L
Only one you can order right now is the GT trim 265hp / 295ftlbs twin scroll direct injection Hurricane 4 2.0L (not multiport unfortunately) w/ AWD and a LSD and torque vectoring handling, that's what I ordered. It comes pretty loaded standard w/ LED everything and the big 10" radio and 12" instrument cluster auto-hold, passive entry, wireless AA/CP, adaptive cruise, the works:

View attachment 503810

The RT will be a PHEV, which has a 175hp 1.3T and a 121hp rear motor to make 285hp / 383ftlbs but will cost a whopping $10K more, and because its made in Italy, with the new government regulations it won't get the $7.5K tax credit anymore.

MSRP was $29,995 for the GT AWD, $495 for paint, $495 for winter package, $2,245 for tech package, whopping $1600 destination (highest in the industry I think), $150 documentation fee, comes out to basically $35K before taxes.
Thank you for showing the prices. What's the Warranty? I assume a MOPAR extended warranty can be bought. Look nice, hopw the MPG is good as well. Thanks!

OP
OP
Jessica Smith

Jessica Smith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thank you for showing the prices. What's the Warranty? I assume a MOPAR extended warranty can be bought. Look nice, hopw the MPG is good as well. Thanks!
99% sure the warranty is the same across all of the Dodge lineup, 3yr/36K bumper to bumper and 5yr/60K powertrain, nothing special.

One thing I do envy the Hyundai/Kia crowd with 5yr/60K bumper to bumper and 10yr/100K mile powertrain warranty.

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
@Jessica Smith, how's your hornet doing, been looking at them am thinking of a test drive, been looking for something for better fuel economy, Thanks for your insight!!!

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I would have waited till year 3 by then all the bugs should be fixed but it is a good looking car.
The Rams been in production for how long ? ;) They are literally getting worse... hahahahaha.

It will either be a good Vehicle or a Lemon like those GM Ecotec ....lol. Year wont matter.

Hopefully these are good because seems like my Wife wants one next year.

Sherman Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Taking delivery in December. Please post all your opinions, be they praise, congradulatory, envy, compliments, approval, absolutely anything at all, even applause and flattery are acceptable! :p

View attachment 503616
View attachment 503617

Good looking car! Congrats! I hope it gives you many years of trouble-free service!

Sherman Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hornet is PH balanced for a woman but strong enough for a man.

Well the only other hatchback style Dodge is the Durango, and that would be a lot more expensive to buy and operate I think. We had priced one out and a GT with blacktop and the new 10.1" uconnect was something like $45K MSRP. Plus, I added a front camera to my Ram as I find it so much easier to inch up to walls so you don't have to reverse park every time, and I don't think the Durango has a 360 camera option at any price while the Hornet had a 360 camera option.

I think the Hornet will be great for our trips as it has level 2 autonomous driving.

The Jeep Cherokee is rated 29mpg highway with the same AWD powertrain, but I'm thinking the Hornet might even hit 30mpg since its a bit slicker shape.
Just wax it up REAL good, and it'll get 5 more MPG ;)

smittyd174

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Congrats hope you love it, just remember to drive it like you stole it . It irritates me that people have to make smart ass remarks , why can't they just be happy for your purchase or say nothing at all . These forums are so we can support and share info and experiences with our fellow Ram , Dodge and Jeep owners .

Murphy Slaw

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Bighorn 4X4 Crew
Engine
My wife is looking at them.

I like everything except not sure what's the ground clearance, we own some property with a cabin on a bad road.

Italian cars have always been cool.