Weird noise coming from front passenger side.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tyler Baxley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I have this noise coming from the right front side of my ‘17 1500. It’s been making it ever since I bought the truck almost 2 years ago. I have a video of it and wish I could share it. The only time it makes it is when I’m driving down the road. Doesn’t matter if I’m coasting or have the pedal to the metal. Doesn’t matter if the A/C is on or off. It still does it. The faster I go, the louder it gets. The warmer it is, the louder it is. The noise in question is hard to describe. Almost like metal or plastic scraping something. Any suggestions on what it could be? Thanks in advance for your help.

Loudram

Just a sinner saved by grace
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It could be a few things. Have you jacked up that wheel and spun it by hand? Try taking the wheel off and spin the hub. That should help narrow it down.

bcbouy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 power wagon
Engine
hemi
I have this noise coming from the right front side of my ‘17 1500. It’s been making it ever since I bought the truck almost 2 years ago. I have a video of it and wish I could share it. The only time it makes it is when I’m driving down the road. Doesn’t matter if I’m coasting or have the pedal to the metal. Doesn’t matter if the A/C is on or off. It still does it. The faster I go, the louder it gets. The warmer it is, the louder it is. The noise in question is hard to describe. Almost like metal or plastic scraping something. Any suggestions on what it could be? Thanks in advance for your help.
sounds like my wife.

Socalramfan

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Big Horn
Engine
Have you checked the brakes…. could Be something interfering with the wheel rotating.

Used to put a pebble or 2 in a buddies hub cap….would drive them nuts !!!

Yes, I’m sure Karma will come, lol

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I take it that you bought it used

There are a couple of things that you might check

First run a Carfax on it
or
if you know anyone that works or worked at a Body Shop, if the vehicle has been in an accident, a GOOD Body Shop employee can look at a vehicle & tell if any part has been repainted when the vehicle is out in direct sunlight

Justin33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My sorry is different but I had a metal on metal clapping sound and it took a shop a little bit to find out what it was. Apparently there was space between the pads or my truck never came with some hardware for them as the guy at shop said the play was making the metal on metal every time I went over a bump.