Well... Its been fun fellas....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LeesEvoX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l
WELP!

with the world still going to ****, and losing some much needed income. the time has come to let the Power Wagon go.

Boy do i LOVE, and i mean LOVE this truck. It has taken me places i never thought i could go, and created many timeless memories for myself, my wife, and our Husky. lol.

I have bogged this thing in the ********* of Texas clay, to driving up Colorado mountains higher than i can get with their legal weed. It has been an animal to drive. From the first drive, to the last. The smile on my face has always been the same.

I have been on this forum for what.. maybe 4 or 5 years. The amount of help i have received with this truck, and my last was fantastic. Coming from other forums which have died a useless death. you guys have something special here.

All in all. i cant even argue with what is happening. I paid 52k OTD for this truck in May 2020. I put just over 32k miles on it, and as of tomorrow. i will be selling it for $57k..

I wish i could say i am picking up something new. But the fact is we just bought my wife a TRD off road 4Runner. with the money i get from selling the PW i can pay off her 4Runner, all of the outstanding wedding debt, and still pocket over 10k. She has a company car, so i will just start driving the 4Runner to work.

so all in all. no debt (besides the house), and probably about $1200 a month of disposable income will surely lighten the load on our shoulders, and honestly. Makes me feel like an adult. HAHAHAHA!! Even with less money, and no cool truck i believe we will be happier knowing we can live with a bigger safety net under us. which also provides funds for other things like trips... and do i dare say.... CHILDREN... oompff, that was tough...

But. lets face it. i can still offroad the 4Runner!! lol i cannot say i will be back any time soon though. Should i be in a position in the future, i think i will get back into a car. I really miss the noises, and go fast of a car.. and come on... a Dodge Challenger scat pack with the 392 and a Tremec 6 speed sounds like it might just tickle that pickle :)

Again, y'all have been awesome. i wish you all the best, and take care!!!!

Lee

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
Lee, sorry to see you go! It sure sounds like you've made the right choices, but let's try not to use the A word again... :happy175:

Best of luck!

RJL1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Challenger-front NICE.JPG

I did the EXACT thing you did 5 or six years ago. Got rid of our 2012 PW, bought a 96 F-250 4x4 (LOVED that truck), got the itch for a fast car and got this animal. Eventually wound up in a new to me 2018 Ram 1500 last JUne, that is a true red neck Cadillac and haven't looked back.

Well done and good luck.

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sad to see you go. Being an adult sucks sometimes but I think you're making a tough but good decision. At the end of the day you got paid to have fun with a PW for a while!

Best of luck, we will be here when you come back!

mcarey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Where'd you sell it to?

I'm half curious what I could get for mine. I got a great deal on it, and if I could get somewheres around sticker or more, I'd have a hard time saying no.

Gamedog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
392 c.i.
Bummed to see you leave but I think the majority of us will understand. Make smart decisions now so you can reap the rewards later.

You did a lot of contributing to this forum man so thanks!

Best of luck with everything!

OP
OP
LeesEvoX

LeesEvoX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l
Sorry for the long post. I'm never was a great essay writer in school!

But thanks to everyone for the pick me up! Lol.

To answer some direct questions @mcarey I sold it to texas auto value. I think they sell on Ebay or something. But they offered way more than anyone else!

@Gamedog thanks brotha. I will miss the PW guys. And only got to meet 1. But you never know!

@RJL1 Yup.. that's the one. Haha. Wife doesnt want me to get another bike. So in stuck going fast on 4 wheels.

To all. We never know what the future holds. But we do get to shape it. I love ram trucks. And even if not a PW. I would jump back into a ram truck anyday!

392DevilDog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Sorry you decided to be an adult. It is no fun...but has to happen.

But hey, do not leave us. We talk about alot more here than trucks.

Keep checking in and believe it or not...when you have issues with that Toyota...the group here will probably be able to better help you than the toyota forums.

Good luck. Have fun and be safe

OP
OP
LeesEvoX

LeesEvoX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l
Sorry you decided to be an adult. It is no fun...but has to happen.

But hey, do not leave us. We talk about alot more here than trucks.

Keep checking in and believe it or not...when you have issues with that Toyota...the group here will probably be able to better help you than the toyota forums.

Good luck. Have fun and be safe
Yeah. You're right. I probably will lurk around for a while. It's hard to just quit you guys haha.

Oh. And the yota forums suck.. I mean, just dead. You can go weeks without seeing a new post. at least the one I was on.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Good luck with you and your’s future endeavors my internet friend! Growing up is a real ***** LOL! But making good decisions, especially financially, will make it a lot easier!

OP
OP
LeesEvoX

LeesEvoX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l
Crazy, we both sold ours the same week. Market is great right now, I don’t blame you one bit. It’s hard to walk off from a profit, specially a vehicle

Good luck with you and your’s future endeavors my internet friend! Growing up is a real ***** LOL! But making good decisions, especially financially, will make it a lot easier!
So.. who wants to have a laugh this morning?

There is a reason why I let my wife handle budgets, expenses etc.

Whole reason for this is that i got my commission cut at work. As O&G is still slow.

Well.... while I was crunching numbers like a financial analyst. I seem to have made a mistake. You know what that mistake was??

Using our income for 40 hours.... not 80!!.......

Jesus I'm such a *****! Either way, I've already emotionally detached, and as said above. Cannot argue with making a profit on a vehicle.

So that **** pack might just come sooner than expected!

Please feel free to give me only your best roasts!

Plankton

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You just doubled your income. Thats some magic right there. :Big Laugh:

I'm not much of a roaster.