Well, time to change it up.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

loki223

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
LOL , what is he doing lumber shopping .. LOL

drilling thank you very much, those lumberjacks are all ****** rednecks. My sisters aint that good looking....

but on subject, 4x4 will slightly affect your mileage. but not much. but a 4x4 will get you to more places stock than a stock 2x4. an LSD can level the playing field, but put an LSD in a 4x4, and you'll go even further. plus in the snow, 4x4 is nice because you can get moving easier. won't slow you down at all, but you will be able to make corners and leave stop lights quicker and easier than a 2x4. depending on how sever your winters get, could play into it. if you live in the desert and never take her off the road, a 2x4 would work for ya...but i'd still prefer a 4x4 for the added knowledge that if you have to go into a ditch to avoid a deer, you can put it in 4 wheel drive and get back out.

Needaram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yea I agree with the 4x4. And yes the prices are alot lower down there lol. That truck here would go for probobly twice that

OP
OP
LilRamMan

LilRamMan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well, I think its a no go. one, reviews for that dealer are horrible, saying that they look you right in the eye and sell you a lemon, stuff taped together, etc. I read maybe a dozen reviews and they were all like that other than 2. And honestly, I dont need a 4x4. I really want one but thats it, I just want it dont need it. So I will probably stay with a 2wd.

OP
OP
LilRamMan

LilRamMan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
moving... MAKE AN OFFER

Well heres another one, gonna look tomorrow.
Its got 170xxx miles, 348, looks like nice interior from what hes sent me.
And is it a sport? I thought the sports were the only ones with the color matched bumpers... Maybe I'm wrong.

loki223

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
i don't think its a sport, could be wrong. doesn't have the grill, lights, or bumper of a sport. so someone could have color matched the bumpers at some point. looks like the rear has been color matched as well. judging by the forward passenger seat, and that he is open to 4 door trades, he has a growing family with younger kids and is looking for something more family oriented. find out how long he has had the truck, what kind of paperwork does he have for it? receipts, proof of maintenance, stuff like that. if he has no records, could be a bargaining point. check the fluids when you look at it, does the oil look like its been changed, does the tranny fluid look worn out, or fresh? if its fresh, find out why, if its old, its ripe for a tranny flush. bargain point. check for little things, easy ways to bring a price down is to point out alot of minor flaws that lead to big flaws that "need to be fixed"

the codes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
yeah Im pretty sure thats not a sport, but you never know

OP
OP
LilRamMan

LilRamMan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nope it wasnt a sport. It was crap tho. nice size dent on the passenger side, shattered tail light, another power steering leak. after he had told me it didnt have any leaks...

but hey, theres hope yet... This is pretty sick lookin, I'd even lower it prolly. and I have always been a lift guy.

;)Doge Ram 1500 costum paint:)

OP
OP
LilRamMan

LilRamMan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks man I sure hope so too. The one thing I dont like is that is so modded already. I want something that I can make my own from the start. but this already looks awesome so I may put more of the mod money towards performance.

the codes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
looks like it might have been sitting a while. iv never been a fan of a long bed, but it has potential, good luck man

RompinRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Magnum
That interior is beat to hell man. High miles if trans hasn't been rebuilt id say. But I'll let the diesel guys chime in on that. It just doesnt look like it was taken care of

loki223

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
get it. 5 speed manual, =NV4500, the best 5 speed on the market and ever made. both engine and tranny have years ahead of them. dana 70 rear, dana 60 front if its 4x4. the engine alone is worth more than 2500. that engine would sell for 3-4 around here easily. tranny, 1k-2k. right there, you got yours money's worth. Downside is the interior, you won't be impressing anyone with it like that. and i would wonder how well the trucks been kept up. get paperwork, check the fluids, and carfax. if you sit on it, it will sell, quickly. and its a 12v, so cheap power mods. get it, and redo the interior. you put a grand into the truck, you could flip it for 5-10k depending on what all you do. i'd say worth it. If your really worried, bring it by your mechanic, $70 to have a professional inspect it is worth it when u buy a rig.

TexasRammer

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Wow, if that runs good you better jump on it. Im tempted to sell my truck, get that and used the left over cash to fix it up lol

OP
OP
LilRamMan

LilRamMan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well I'll call him first thing tomorrow morning. Just listed at like 10 tonght so we'll see.

MvZiC MaN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.9L 295 CI Magnum V6 :(
It's an 01 2ND gen with 80xxx miles on it the pain isn't to great but it runs perfect with no problems at all

MvZiC MaN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.9L 295 CI Magnum V6 :(
I had to drop the original 3.9 back in it tho cuz the 5.2 I put in it started knocking real bad so the Motor only has 74800 miles on it

OP
OP
LilRamMan

LilRamMan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well I may be going out to look today, so any tips on what to check or test for a diesel other than the norm?