Well, time to change it up.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
LilRamMan

LilRamMan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
that was a bust... called the guy again and as soon as he picked up he said "thats not my ad" soooo on we go.

wermbang

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 Off Road
Engine
5.9L V8 Sport
dang good luck in your search

OP
OP
LilRamMan

LilRamMan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I think I found one!! 95 Dodge Ram Pickup Extended Cab

Its got 190xxx on it which is a bit more than I wanted to buy, but I can deal.
papers for the rebuilt trans 2 years ago, 318, 2wd, and the interior is really not bad at all. a tear in the seat that will be covered.
I sorta played the sob story of oh I'm only 16 so I dont have a lot of money (which is true lol) and she said just for me she would do $2,000 cause she has a 16 year old son and thinks its so great that I'm saving my money. I'll tell more when I know!

PinkCamoDodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum v8 5.9
Looks GOOD! Let us know how it goes after the test drive! Man that's a cute lil' Frenchie pup in that one pic, LOL

loki223

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
yeah looks pretty good. only downside i see is 2x4, than again i am off the road more often that on it, so i'm not a fan of 2x4s. lol.

OP
OP
LilRamMan

LilRamMan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yea Loki I wanted a 4x4, but I really dont have a use for one at the moment. plus thatd extra $$$ I dont have. I'm checking this one out tmorrow.

Nikolai553

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Magnum
I think I found one!! 95 Dodge Ram Pickup Extended Cab

Its got 190xxx on it which is a bit more than I wanted to buy, but I can deal.
papers for the rebuilt trans 2 years ago, 318, 2wd, and the interior is really not bad at all. a tear in the seat that will be covered.
I sorta played the sob story of oh I'm only 16 so I dont have a lot of money (which is true lol) and she said just for me she would do $2,000 cause she has a 16 year old son and thinks its so great that I'm saving my money. I'll tell more when I know!

I would personally hold off, thats just going to be a money pit with those miles in my opinion. If your buying used shoot for the 120-130k range. :console:

But if you really like the truck then I say go for it. ( I cant stand to have a truck that isnt a 4x4, I may as well get a car )

loki223

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Yeah, 4x4 or bust man. Widen your search area to places within an hour or two drive. hell a 4 hour drive for a nice truck and several hundred less than what your willing to pay for is worth the drive. and you can usually talk 'em down even more if you add in the sob story about driving for 4 hours, than act disappointed and point out things they didn't mention and make a big deal out of little things. there are always ways to get people down, but you also need to be able to figure out what their lowest price is and how they are with negotiating before you even start talking prices. its a skill that i am glad i learned

Needaram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Wow prices are wayyyy different down there

the codes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
well that also had a lot of miles for a gasser, but alot of people dont know how tough the magnums are haha id be prepared to do some engine work though on any magnum you snag, and have a little money set aside. most people dont know or care enough to take care of the plenum prob, and that can **** all kinds of **** up.

OP
OP
LilRamMan

LilRamMan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
haha I'm actually not too bothered by the mileage. I know that all trucks are different and it depends on the maintenence, but I'm just glad its not 240xxx like my last truck.

the codes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
haha I'm actually not too bothered by the mileage. I know that all trucks are different and it depends on the maintenence, but I'm just glad its not 240xxx like my last truck.

yeah man i wouldnt shy away from a magnum over the mileage. they are work horses

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
yeah looks pretty good. only downside i see is 2x4, than again i am off the road more often that on it, so i'm not a fan of 2x4s. lol.

LOL , what is he doing lumber shopping .. LOL

OP
OP
LilRamMan

LilRamMan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
does 4wd make a big difference in mpgs? prolly a dumb question but I dunno