What aftermarket remote start & or security system do you own?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

txbass06

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
That's probably one I'll be getting for my truck but the wife wants the smart start for hers. But she gonna have to buy that extra module. I'm not blowin $300 just so she can start her car with her phone...

EJM05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
440 Big Block
That's probably one I'll be getting for my truck but the wife wants the smart start for hers. But she gonna have to buy that extra module. I'm not blowin $300 just so she can start her car with her phone...

I wish there was a way i could make the factory start work with my phone. that would be pretty cool.

txbass06

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Have someone stay in your truck 24/7 and just call them when you want the doors unlocked or it started lol

I agree, it would be pretty sweet. And would come in handy in case you locked your keys inside but I don't think it's worth the extra money on top of the $450+ for the keyless entry/remote start system

EJM05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
440 Big Block
Have someone stay in your truck 24/7 and just call them when you want the doors unlocked or it started lol

I agree, it would be pretty sweet. And would come in handy in case you locked your keys inside but I don't think it's worth the extra money on top of the $450+ for the keyless entry/remote start system

lol. yea i agree. i got better things to spend that money on.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
python products seem to be less expensive and have alot of the same features as viper

both are made and owned by Directed. Like having a ST cab, or SLT cab. Just different features and price points.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
No prob. Directed has many branches, and they have pretty much perfected the alarm RS industry. Now I did have a Code Alarm, and loved it as well on my Yukon.

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I have autostart which is a directed brand and I have the smart start feature which allows me to start from my phone and it is awesome. The remote has 3000 ft range and anything outside of that I use use my phone for. I can still use factory remote if I want to as well. My wife has 2010 Journey and have the exact same setup in that too. I think any of the directed brands are good. I have also heard good things about compustar.

$miley

OP
OP
02blkram47

02blkram47

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I saw a video once of a guy with a Dodge ram and he uses the Code Alarm. Seems to be pretty good. I'm all for using my phone for things as I've been in the custom Electronics Industry for a while and love to integrate phone and tablets to do home automation. But I still can't seem to get past the price point of that module. Just not worth it in my case, I can't see me being that far away and needing to start my truck.

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Yeah I hear ya the reason I went with it for us is I work at VZW in a mall and most remotes can't get through the walls and out to where I park and my wife works at a hospital and runs into same problem. This unit has been a life saver for dead of winter. I know the guy and he did ours for around $500 each. Most of cost was in the units and internet brain.

$miley

OP
OP
02blkram47

02blkram47

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited
Engine
5.7 Hemi
wow $500 for the system with the phone module is a great deal. I can see you're need for that now. I'll keep an eye out on Amazon or places like that to see if a good deal come up and then I might get one just for the sake of showing off. We lost our only custom stereo guy in this area so I might have to have Best Buy install which scares me.

txbass06

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
To be an alarm installer at Best Buy, you're supposed to go through some pretty in-depth training. I've got a buddy that's the lead installer here and he was sent off to Chicago for about 3 weeks for training

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

EJM05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
440 Big Block
txbass06 said:
To be an alarm installer at Best Buy, you're supposed to go through some pretty in-depth training. I've got a buddy that's the lead installer here and he was sent off to Chicago for about 3 weeks for training

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

Interesting

OP
OP
02blkram47

02blkram47

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That's good to hear but not all installers get the same understanding from the same training. Some (the good ones)have some natural talent and can see trouble before it happens. I'm okay with trying them but I'm causiously optimistic. I had a gguy in town who hooked up my Avalanche with DD Kenwood/ navigation along with headrest monitors and visor monitors with full steeringwheel control function with no issues at all. I just wish he was still around.

Requiem478

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got a presitige, not sure of the model number or anything but it works well