What did you do to your Gen3 today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xb1230

Hobby Mechanic
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Back from vacation

Freshly back from vacation and she haulled ass (4000 lbs of it) over 1600km (~1000 miles) with an average of 9 MPGs.

Very happy with how the truck behaved. Although the tranny temp gauge had nothing really bad to report, it definitely gave me peace of mind while hauling the camping rig :

picture.php

This is one of the Campsite we went to during the trip:
picture.php

Was also very happy to have installed the Air Bags to help maintain the load from the trailer:
picture.php

Best 50$ spent on the truck for this trip...

The kids had a blast, and I had fun both prepping the truck for the trip and doing all involved in hauling a camper.

Awesome relaxing vacation for everyone. :happy107:

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Changed the oil this morning.. took just about 5 1/4 qts out of it... Can't believe I was running almost 2 qts low, especially since it was sitting right on the add line when I checked it last week. Oil was real black and nasty looking. Not sure if I'll use Royal Purple again. Switched back to Mobil 1 5w20 full synthetic High Mileage. Got a good deal at Wally's world.

xb1230

Hobby Mechanic
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
... Oil was real black and nasty looking. Not sure if I'll use Royal Purple again...

Personally I have had the best results so far with Castrol High Mileage Synthetic blend. Much less expensive than full synthetic (almost the same price as regular blends) and I also find it the cheapest at Wally World...

As I said this is my personal experience and I know some will not agree with me, just sharing my experience.

xb1230

Hobby Mechanic
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
How'd you do air bags for only $50

LOL - Used on Local "Craig's List" equivalent... They were used but the owner had kept the original box and they were in pristine condition. A steal of a deal at that price if you ask me.

I do have a compressor from a previous install I had done on another vehicle, but I did not have time to install it before leaving. For now the air inlets are on the rear bumper on each side of the License plate:
picture.php

Bullitt5339

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
LOL - Used on Local "Craig's List" equivalent... They were used but the owner had kept the original box and they were in pristine condition. A steal of a deal at that price if you ask me.

I do have a compressor from a previous install I had done on another vehicle, but I did not have time to install it before leaving. For now the air inlets are on the rear bumper on each side of the License plate:
picture.php

My air valve is actually the top license plate bolt on my truck. I drilled it out a little larger and put the valve through from the back. I'm the only one who has even noticed it's there.

Ram Lover

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L 360
Old lady took the truck to Harry J Smith, a local garage where she takes the company vehicles do they treat her pretty well, said they'd check it out for us and find the inner pinion to be smoked Anna at about 1 o'clock said let them know and they could do it today, so went for it, said 350 high end but then closed a bit early and said try it out over the weekend and settle up Monday.

Sent from my SCH-I545PP using Tapatalk

Ram Lover

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L 360
Old lady took the truck to Harry J Smith, a local garage where she takes the company vehicles do they treat her pretty well, said they'd check it out for us and find the inner pinion to be smoked Anna at about 1 o'clock said let them know and they could do it today, so went for it, said 350 high end but then closed a bit early and said try it out over the weekend and settle up Monday.

Sorry for typos. I'm usually pretty good about that.

Bullitt5339

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I think along with putting the new swaybar links and bushings in, I may put a nice coat of primer on the new bumper and possibly go ahead and mount it.

I was thinking about having it painted first, but I've been throwing the idea of getting the truck wrapped around and if I'm going to have it wrapped when the bodywork is done, why spend the money getting each piece painted as I finish it? I'll just put it in creme filler primer and then when it's completely done, I'll just go have it wrapped and call it a day.

EWC88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thought about wrapping my truck instead of painting, keep going back and forth on it but need to figure it soon. What color would you be doing?

Bullitt5339

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thought about wrapping my truck instead of painting, keep going back and forth on it but need to figure it soon. What color would you be doing?

I'm not 100% sure yet, but I was thinking about doing a rust/patina custom wrap just to be completely different.

EWC88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That would look cool! Yea I'm not sure either what I would do I if I pick that route. My body work is finally done and I need to make my damn decision lol.

Dmuldrock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Did my first oil change and changed the output speed sensor.
Dumped in Mobil 1 synthetic and a long millage filter.
Only had the truck for about 2 weeks and after crawling around under it am very happy, it's very clean with very few weeps anywhere.

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7

ST-8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Replaced my rear pads an rotors after work today. **** was straight done! No pads left smh