What did you do to your Gen3 today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lil_Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Power tech 3.7L
Looking into getting an axle and swapping everything out In it and putting locker, 4.56 gears and rebuilding it all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ram Lover

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L 360
Looking into getting an axle and swapping everything out In it and putting locker, 4.56 gears and rebuilding it all

Nice. I want a limited slip.

Sent from my Z797C using Tapatalk

Lil_Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Power tech 3.7L

It's a matter of money and time the only probably I'll have is getting the adjustments proper on the gears being why I'm doing it on a new axle and swapping it out. Since it's my DD

HeavyD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 SOHC 5 SP Auto

I put a "Powertrax No-Slip" in my rear axle for the winter & it made a huge difference & if you don't have to fix your axle, I would recommend the same thing, this one does not make a clicking noise after it was worn in (about 2 weeks).
& you can put in yourself if you have some mechanical skill. It just replaces the spider gears.:happy107:

Hot Ducer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've come up with a problem maybe someone can shine a light on. Truck is making like a whinning noise I believe from the rear end but it goes away at about 20mph and only when I hit the gas. I'm going tomorrow to have a custom driveshaft priced gonna get it 2" longer to accommodate my lift. The yoke has moved out between 1.5"-2". New ujoints for it as well and will have it powder coated to match the truck just to look nice. I believe these are possibly my cultists in my vibration and maybe the noise but unsure.

I remember reading about your vibrations on this post night can't find it now. I'm having vibrations while turning and accelerating from a stop. Is that similar?

2003 1500 QuadCab 5.7 4x4

Lil_Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Power tech 3.7L
I remember reading about your vibrations on this post night can't find it now. I'm having vibrations while turning and accelerating from a stop. Is that similar?

No my vibration occurs at above 45mph and is consistent with rpms. However between the to short driveshaft and MT tires I'm certain that's it

Hot Ducer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No my vibration occurs at above 45mph and is consistent with rpms. However between the to short driveshaft and MT tires I'm certain that's it

Ok my issue is different then. Thanks for the reply.

Lil_Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Power tech 3.7L
Ok my issue is different then. Thanks for the reply.

Yep
And HeavyD that's the one I've been looking into getting you think it's good might have just sold me onto it

Bullitt5339

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Used it to go pickup a couple sheets of MDF for some enclosure builds. I'm doing my neighbor's Mustang and I'm going to start on one for the truck.

Here's a preview of the Mustang:

20160813_140721_zpsftkwsoyg.jpg

Ram Lover

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L 360
Used it to go pickup a couple sheets of MDF for some enclosure builds. I'm doing my neighbor's Mustang and I'm going to start on one for the truck.

Here's a preview of the Mustang:

20160813_140721_zpsftkwsoyg.jpg
Like to see the one for the truck, I don't really care for the single 12 inch box I just put in the back seat but got it cause the sub was too big for the hidden cubby under the center console that I thought was perfect for a hidden sub and not be in the way on the seat.

Bullitt5339

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Like to see the one for the truck, I don't really care for the single 12 inch box I just put in the back seat but got it cause the sub was too big for the hidden cubby under the center console that I thought was perfect for a hidden sub and not be in the way on the seat.

Hopefully I'll get started on the box for the truck tomorrow. I've got a regular cab, so I'm going with a pair of massive 8" subwoofers from my friends at Sundown Audio. The box will be tiny, almost unnoticeable but will be capable out outperforming most 12" woofers. I'm going to put about 1500-2000 watts of real power on them.

Last edited:

Ram Lover

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L 360
Hopefully I'll get started on the box for the truck tomorrow. I've got a regular cab, so I'm going with a pair of massive 8" subwoofers from my friends at Sundown Audio. The box will be tiny, almost unnoticeable but will be capable out outperforming most 12" woofers. I'm going to put about 1500-2000 watts of real power on them.
Cool, wow that's a lot for 8 inch subs, I had a pair of 8 inch pioneer truck boxes and they sounded great, had them in first RAM but then got a Yukon with the Bose stereo so didn't need them and let the old lady talk me into selling them and the amp for 40 bucks on a yard sale [emoji24]

Lil_Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Power tech 3.7L
Finally got to put some paint down I'll see how it turns out tomorrow. My work lights made it look almost white. So I may have to go pick up some more paint