What did you do to your Gen3 today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ram Lover

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L 360
Ya that's what I do too 220 at advance auto, they're the only one that has the master set and for those bearings and the old lady's blazer lower ball joints you need the master others don't cut it, like to own it though don't always have the 220 plus cost of parts and for the convenience.

Sent from my Z797C using Tapatalk

Bullitt5339

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I bought a 20ton press a few years ago from a friend who was moving and it weighed too much to take with him on a military move. I don't use it very often, but I'm always glad to have with when doing u-joints and work like that. I had a balljoint that was being super stubborn in the truck, so I took the entire lower control arm off and used the 20 ton press to get it out. When I was done, I wondered why I didn't take it off and use the press from the beginning instead of trying to use the C-Clamp style balljoint press.

Ram Lover

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L 360
I bought a 20ton press a few years ago from a friend who was moving and it weighed too much to take with him on a military move. I don't use it very often, but I'm always glad to have with when doing u-joints and work like that. I had a balljoint that was being super stubborn in the truck, so I took the entire lower control arm off and used the 20 ton press to get it out. When I was done, I wondered why I didn't take it off and use the press from the beginning instead of trying to use the C-Clamp style balljoint press.
Nice, ya same on her lower ones, uppers are cake.

Ram Lover

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L 360
Little of topic but thought I would share these for anybody that needs tires
b289fd89c61121ce56fb6fd0f0847fcb.jpg

Treadwright recaps, $560 with 2 year warranty and road hazard, free shipping, that's 200 less than I paid for the grabbers that were on it and for a mud terrain!
Think I may have heard of them here, USAF maybe?

EWC88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Where did you buy Ram Lover?

I installed my new PCM and no not CEL so got it finally inspected...a year later lol oops!

Edit: quick google search I'm guessing treadwright.com lol

Ram Lover

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L 360
Where did you buy Ram Lover?

I installed my new PCM and no not CEL so got it finally inspected...a year later lol oops!

Edit: quick google search I'm guessing treadwright.com lol
Yes Treadwright.com

Lil_Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Power tech 3.7L
New drive shaft is in and it's a night and day difference at highway speed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Little of topic but thought I would share these for anybody that needs tires
b289fd89c61121ce56fb6fd0f0847fcb.jpg

Treadwright recaps, $560 with 2 year warranty and road hazard, free shipping, that's 200 less than I paid for the grabbers that were on it and for a mud terrain!
Think I may have heard of them here, USAF maybe?

More than likely it was me haha. I love treadwrights. Hopefully they treat you well! I wish they made the claw pattern in 285/70/17s.. Or even 35/12.5/17s.

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anyone know the reviews on them in snow/ice?

I had a set of 285/75/16 guard dogs on my second gen ram up in Michigan. My wife ran a local holiday inn express at the time.

We got 12" of snow in 6 hours one night, and winds made some crazy huge drifts. Town lost power, but the driveway needed clearing. I drove my truck in circles for two hours pushing snow out of the way without a plow, and made ruts other cars could take.

Absolutely zero hesitation in snow, packed snow, or ice. My tires also had the kedge grip, which is glass particles and walnut shells mixed into the tread to make for more contact edges. Worked great in my opinion.

I'd buy treadwrights again in a heartbeat.

Ram Lover

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L 360
I had a set of 285/75/16 guard dogs on my second gen ram up in Michigan. My wife ran a local holiday inn express at the time.

We got 12" of snow in 6 hours one night, and winds made some crazy huge drifts. Town lost power, but the driveway needed clearing. I drove my truck in circles for two hours pushing snow out of the way without a plow, and made ruts other cars could take.

Absolutely zero hesitation in snow, packed snow, or ice. My tires also had the kedge grip, which is glass particles and walnut shells mixed into the tread to make for more contact edges. Worked great in my opinion.

I'd buy treadwrights again in a heartbeat.
Well now I'm sure it was you, I wanted the guard dog tread, had that pattern on my Yukon before Goodyear changed it and loved them, traction was never an issue, we'll see soon enough how these do in the snow, I'm betting they'll be good, I got the kedge grip on them too, read some reviews and off roader's are swearing by it.
The company already did well by me, just before mounting the shop noticed one tire had a couple small spots where the tread may be starting to separate, called Treadwright they immediately got on sending a new one no questions just wanted a couple pics for the claim, but bypassed the paperwork crap and had one out the next day and let me keep that one when they usually want it back, which is great cause I forgot to order five to have a spare, now i have one and it didn't cost me anything, I've already got people at work looking at their tires to get a set themselves.

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well now I'm sure it was you, I wanted the guard dog tread, had that pattern on my Yukon before Goodyear changed it and loved them, traction was never an issue, we'll see soon enough how these do in the snow, I'm betting they'll be good, I got the kedge grip on them too, read some reviews and off roader's are swearing by it.
The company already did well by me, just before mounting the shop noticed one tire had a couple small spots where the tread may be starting to separate, called Treadwright they immediately got on sending a new one no questions just wanted a couple pics for the claim, but bypassed the paperwork crap and had one out the next day and let me keep that one when they usually want it back, which is great cause I forgot to order five to have a spare, now i have one and it didn't cost me anything, I've already got people at work looking at their tires to get a set themselves.

Glad you're having a good experience so far. Next big thing... I talked to one of the guys who runs customer sales and he said that their 35/12.50/17s have a section width of only 10.7".. anyone know how that could be possible? I double checked with him and he said it's the truth.

justin13703

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hit a bolt with some PB Blaster. Man that thing is on tight. :jawdrop:

If it still gives you problems, CRC makes this stuff called "Freeze Off". It's basically penetrating fluid but it makes some kind of reaction when it touches metal and gets extremely cold. The temperature change combined with the penetrating fluid cracks pretty much anything loose. For crazy stubborn stuff, heat it until it's red hot and then spray about a half a can of that stuff on it. It'll get it done lol.

I don't work for the company by the way lol. It's just really good stuff.

Bullitt5339

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I finally got a chance to finish the wiring in the truck last night. It feels good to know that the truck isn't a fire hazard anymore.

Now I guess it's time to get serious about this Air Bag light and figure out what's going on with it.

Bullitt5339

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Went out and did a quick check on the airbags again and I don't know why I didn't do this before. I turned the passenger's airbag off and the OFF light didn't illuminate. After doing some research, it seems that if the light bulb blows out in that indicator, it will turn on the Air Bag light..... The problem is that the light bulb is not serviceable, so I guess I will be ordering a new switch from the dealer.