What did you do with your 4th Gen this week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Drove it to Church. The a/c died on the way. Looks like its time to figure that out. I suspect its just low. Its been getting warm and warm over this year. Ill be addressing that tomorrow.

Bandit517

That Trials Guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Drove it to Church. The a/c died on the way. Looks like its time to figure that out. I suspect its just low. Its been getting warm and warm over this year. Ill be addressing that tomorrow.
Mine wasn't blowing much cooler than luke warm a couple weeks ago. Finally noticed my son turn the passenger side to full hot. So even with my side full cold it wasn't doing much. Soon as I hit the "sync" button it was all better.

I might finally drive mine tomorrow. It's been sitting in the yard all week. They're calling for rain so I might take advantage of the down time to detail the Harley and Kawasaki in the garage. If I get time tonight I'm finally going to wire the running light function in my tow mirrors. Tired of looking at the wires tucked out of the way. It shouldn't take long but I keep getting side tracked from doing it.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Mine wasn't blowing much cooler than luke warm a couple weeks ago. Finally noticed my son turn the passenger side to full hot. So even with my side full cold it wasn't doing much. Soon as I hit the "sync" button it was all better.

I might finally drive mine tomorrow. It's been sitting in the yard all week. They're calling for rain so I might take advantage of the down time to detail the Harley and Kawasaki in the garage. If I get time tonight I'm finally going to wire the running light function in my tow mirrors. Tired of looking at the wires tucked out of the way. It shouldn't take long but I keep getting side tracked from doing it.
I tried all the trick with mine and nothing. Ill have to jump the plug if it has one and make sure the compressor is still coming on first and then Ill add more. Its supposed to be 100 tomorrow. I had to drive my Charger this weekend.

Socalramfan

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Big Horn
Engine
Finally swapped out the rear tail lights for LED's.

The conversion harness came a few days ago, and was plug-n-play Wasn't sure at first, but defiantly like them. Much brighter :waytogo:

Before:
IMG_2759.JPG

After:
IMG_2786.JPG

Last edited:

JC4041

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Did it just stop blowing cold air or die all together?

The AC in the wife's Durango started going out randomly. Replaced the blower motor (that fixed it the first time), then I replaced the BM resistor (didn't fix it)...went weeks without it working, then it acted normal. Off and on again. Got tired of dealing with it and start researching. Came across a thread about the fuse box (plug underneath).....low and behold I found this. That's the AC fuse location. Apparently it's a known thing across a lot of Dodge/Jeep platforms.

_nc_ohc=-J-PpTKTbm4AX_p0Ecl&_nc_ht=scontent-sjc3-1.jpg
_nc_ohc=jbKxERpHalUAX8oYqu2&_nc_ht=scontent-sjc3-1.jpg

Last edited:

WildWilly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
We're going to be camping and some hotels for a week next month. Getting prepared, I think it's going to be great! Going to the Adirondack mountains!
My fiance and I got engaged up there last year, and we spent another week up there this summer. We're working through our 46'er and absolutely love ADK

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Did it just stop blowing cold air or die all together?

The AC wife's Durango started going out randomly. Replaced the blower motor (that fixed it the first time), then I replaced the BM resistor (didn't fix it)...went weeks without it working, then it acted normal. Off and on again. Got tired of dealing with it and start researching. Came across a thread about the fuse box (plug underneath).....low and behold I found this. That's the AC fuse location. Apparently it's a known thing across a lot of Dodge/Jeep platforms.

View attachment 471320
View attachment 471321
Its blowing and blowing hard or soft. It just stopped blowing cold.

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
My fiance and I got engaged up there last year, and we spent another week up there this summer. We're working through our 46'er and absolutely love ADK
We're looking forward to it, never been but we love going to places we've never been to. Love scenic roads. Hate roads with more than 2 lanes, everybody is in a hurry! Lol

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Added 3/4 of a can of refrigerant and its fine again. It may have a small leak, but it wasn't totally out. It was just low. Now its ice cold again and ready for Summers last ditch heat here.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Glad to hear it wasn't anything serious or expensive!
Same here. I also added lubeguard shutter control to the transmission. From time to time I get a shutter between 2-3 and 3-4. That should solve the little sloppiness it has.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So lube guard stopped the shutter. Ac is cool not ice cold. It is really hot outside so that may be effecting it some it was never an ice cold system IMO. Ill throw the gauge back on it tomorrow and see. I never broke a sweat, but its not like my wifes Pacifica and ice cold.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357