What do you call a completely dead 2020 with 18k?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
OP has a 2020 and prob E torque so somebody with e junkies need to do pic. I am non e junkola so not sure all be the same in exterior fuse box

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

Pmswa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V.8 5.7
Solved: it was the rf sending unit that stopped recognizing my key fobs.

Rear window is leaking and will be replaced under extended warranty.

But, i had to pay for the new unit and labor. Hopefully ram comes through and pays up.

My truck is in a shop 90% of the time.

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi

But, i had to pay for the new unit and labor. Hopefully ram comes through and pays up.

Thanks for the solution.

1stindoor

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
'23 2500 MegaCab
Engine
6.4 Hemi

Yikes! Glad you at least got it figured out.

Mister Luck

cassis tutissima virtus
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016/2017
Engine
5.7 V8
I’m pretty sure it’s more complicated than just a RF module
but if that fixes what matters the other issues can be eliminated in a more specific manner.

Jim113

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Longhorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2020 Laramie with less than 18k miles. Came home from2 week vacation to a completely dead truck. Figured itwas the battery. Replaced the battery and now we have absolutely nothing. Hit the start button, nothing.

Cannot lock, unlock, release brake, nothing. When this saga started, it never ever turned over at all.

When i first hit the start button, there was some clicking. That was all.

Now, no clicks, no lights.

Thoughts?
Had a similar thing happen to my 2013 RAM Longhorn ... After two dealerships looking at it, it turned out the battery was done ... This was just two weeks after I bought the truck new ... Dealer replaced the battery and it was fine for about a month and the low battery alert started coming on ... Went to a specialty battery store and bought a new NorthStar AGM battery and never had a problem after that ... I even had the dealership put the Northstar in my new 2017 that I traded the 2013 in on ... I'm not sure where the Mopar batteries are made but I know what I'm buying if I ever need one again ...

Dr J Cumminz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L with Aisin
There is zero electrical activity even with new freshly charged battery.

Cannot lock the truck, cannot release the parking break, nothing.
If you have a keyless entry, you should have a key in the remote to manually unlock the vehicle.

Hardracer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 1500 laramie 4x4 crew cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Dang....I was gonna say a GM product from the title.....lmao

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Hardracer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 1500 laramie 4x4 crew cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Lol...I was to...but I'll buy a ford...so I let that go

WRCLVR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L HO Cummins
What do you call a completely dead 2020 Ram with 18K ?

answer : fools gold. lol ...just kidding...

Marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
As Dr. J.C. Said,
I have had a problem like this with my 2014 with push button start, and keyless entry.
One time I did not have the little key with me as I just ran up for milk at night.
But I could not open the door and no damn key, no lights etc.
Wife in bed and pissed when she brought her set of keys , and I could used the key to open the door. The truck will start if you use the fob to push the start button.

As soon as I got it started, it would always work as it should afterwards. 1 or 2 years between the events. nether fob would works with the buttons, so not a fob problem.

In the past I have had this happen 1 or 2 times, and you can always start the truck as long as you can open the door , so always keep the key in the fob to open the door.

I have never done any work on it, no water in the back, it sits in the garage 98% of the time.
I do wash it often, but never seen water, last time this happened was about 3 yrs ago.

The fob will work this way if the battery is dead, the book said, I have not tried it with a dead fob battery to check that part out.
Guess I should pull the back seat, but I don't know If I could still do that , may have a check , spring is almost hear., dead gophers on the hiway, so its a good sign.

Billincamo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 L Ecodiesel
I had the same problem in a 2022. It was a ground wire, new trucks have an incredible number of ground connections. The problem is finding which one is loose.

thjoseph13

Reaction score
Ram Year
I have a 2020 Laramie with less than 18k miles. Came home from2 week vacation to a completely dead truck. Figured itwas the battery. Replaced the battery and now we have absolutely nothing. Hit the start button, nothing.

Cannot lock, unlock, release brake, nothing. When this saga started, it never ever turned over at all.

When i first hit the start button, there was some clicking. That was all.

Now, no clicks, no lights.

Thoughts?
I had the same issue about 2 months back. The issue was with the Radio frequency hub. Most 2020 RAM trucks have back light / window water leakage issues which over time short the RF box which is located behind the rear seat.

Marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
I had the same problem in a 2022. It was a ground wire, new trucks have an incredible number of ground connections. The problem is finding which one is loose.
Was the ground on the hub, behind the seat, or down on the frame?

Last edited: