What did you do with your 4th Gen this week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Michael

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They will be folded in most of the time. lOL.
Even with the stick on “blind spot” circles, the non-tow mirrrs just weren’t cutting it when pulling my trailer.
The combination of the truck being lifted, and the trailer having a low deck height, meant that I had to choose between being able to see behind me, or see the trailer, couldn’t see both at the same time. Even with the tow mirrors folded down, I have a much better field of view, and with them up, i can see the trailer AND what’s behind it. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I want to install some tow mirrors on my truck too. I just couldn’t resist when setting tow mirrors up without a trailer behind the truck. [emoji23]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know the voices in my head aren’t real, but man, do they ever come up with some great ideas.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I want to install some tow mirrors on my truck too. I just couldn’t resist when setting tow mirrors up without a trailer behind the truck. [emoji23]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know the voices in my head aren’t real, but man, do they ever come up with some great ideas.

I see a bunch of stock 1500's around my area that drive around with them up and it just looks so ridiculous.

Michael

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I see 1500’s, 2500’s and 3500’s driving around with them up and no trailer. It looks stupid. They drivers get upset when I pull up next to them and point and laugh at them.

muddy12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ridiculous? I guess, maybe.
However, if I towed more than once or twice a month, I’d probably leave them up all the time too. I can see where having readjust them every time you fold them up or down could get annoying pretty quickly.

predat-r

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
Got the yearly inspection done this morning.
I was smiling when the dude doing the inspection was revving the truck in the bay and it was loud as heck even with the bay doors closed. LOL
I smiled to myself. :gr_grin: :drink_nl:
The one i go to they keep asking me to make it louder.........like he'll no.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ridiculous? I guess, maybe.
However, if I towed more than once or twice a month, I’d probably leave them up all the time too. I can see where having readjust them every time you fold them up or down could get annoying pretty quickly.

Eye of the beholder of course, but to me, yes it looks very ridiculous. I'd feel like such a tool riding around with them flipped up with the ghost trailer. My friends prank me sometimes by flipping mine up when they see my truck. I will say it doesn't look quite as bad on lifted or heavy duty's, still don't like the look but it's not as bad. The half tons that are all stock and not towing anything though, just look absurd to me.

Flipping them up or down is about the same as pushing the mirrors in since they aren't power fold on the 1500s. I do that regularly when I park places and it's not a big deal to me. Everyone is different though so I'm sure some just leave them up all the time.

Also, see the urban dictionary definition for having tow mirrors flipped up without towing, I wouldn't want any truckers getting the wrong idea.

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The one i go to they keep asking me to make it louder.........like he'll no.
HA HAAAAAAAAAA
What exhaust set up do you have??
I have the Flowmaster Outlaw direct replacement muffler.

predat-r

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
HA HAAAAAAAAAA
What exhaust set up do you have??
I have the Flowmaster Outlaw direct replacement muffler.
I'm running stock had Lou's Exhaust remove the large res!

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

jettajam1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 and 2019
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Picked her up from the shop. New lifters, rockers, cam, and had that damn exhaust leak fixed when the heads were off....4 broken studs. She’d been in surgery for a week and now back on the road. It’s like having a new truck (well almost). My 2019 Laramie Sport will be hanging in the driveway while I’m getting reacquainted with the 2012[emoji3]

27bd88de72ffb68ea10162d28989f640.jpg

a8589068083b641bcaa6f93b2dc61706.jpg

Michael

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
75b8f7c16160afd37b1d97594aec59d5.jpg

Midnight Storm

One Badass Ram
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks waiting on the 3G Customz Valve and Battery covers. You was right, it’s going to be impossible to match them but we will see.
I’m sure you will get them close enough, and the bulk of what you just added aren’t really that close in proximity to the valve covers. It’s going to look money! (Which makes sense as I’m sure that all costs a pretty penny)
Good job!:cheers:

ptuttle78

Reaction score
Took mine in for the tailgate recall for the second time. Anyone else having issues with theirs?

JHayez1911

US NAVY (RET)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’m sure you will get them close enough, and the bulk of what you just added aren’t really that close in proximity to the valve covers. It’s going to look money! (Which makes sense as I’m sure that all costs a pretty penny)
Good job!:cheers:
Absolutely.

Octane

Reaction score
Took mine in for the tailgate recall for the second time. Anyone else having issues with theirs?

I just got a recall on my 13 Ram for tailgate.I thought only the newer ones were affected.My gate hasn't fell off in last 6 years so I think it'll be alright.I think I'd rather install a hasp and padlock on it than deal with a dealership.Lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat