What did you do with your 4th Gen this week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

canadiankodiak700

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7L Pentastar
I'm not sure about PA, but be aware that in many states having additional lights (turned on) of any color except amber on the front of a private vehicle on a public street is illegal. You might want to check your local laws before swapping those.

-K
I'm about 99% of places in US & Canada, amber and white lights are legal in front provided they do not strobe/flash except signals. Red in front is illegal almost everywhere. Other colors very by jurisdiction

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Kingzilla

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Started getting a loud rattle noise over speed bumps. Finally figured out that my bed is missing one of the mounting bolts. The passenger rear corner (closest to the rear bumper) bolt is missing causing the corner to flex over bumps and smack down on the frame. Anyone know the part number for this bolt? Tried calling the dealership but they were no help, didnt understand what I was asking for.

TheEnder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
Bought a new transmission, waiting for it to be delivered so i can install it...

Sent from iPhone 10S Max

NJMOPAR

Older and faster
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Thought I'd be installing the Modifystreet black quads but they're going back. Low beam bulb shrouds both bent & crooked, low beam holes both clocked wrong (12 & 6 for LEDs, 4 or 8 for HID bulb wire)

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Thought I'd be installing the Modifystreet black quads but they're going back. Low beam bulb shrouds both bent & crooked, low beam holes both clocked wrong (12 & 6 for LEDs, 4 or 8 for HID bulb wire)

Damn, that sucks. Black quads with shrouds? You mean the G2 Pro Series 2019 style in Jet Black?

Why not just open them up and retrofit them [emoji48][emoji48][emoji48]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I'm about 99% of places in US & Canada, amber and white lights are legal in front provided they do not strobe/flash except signals. Red in front is illegal almost everywhere. Other colors very by jurisdiction

Many states (including NY) have limits on the number of white lights. In NY and many others it's 4. That's why the fog lights automatically go off when the high beams go on. Not something you're likely to get pulled over for, but something they can ticket you for if they've already got you stopped.

-K

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I actually bought a set of these on Monday

44b4b4cf030975b30b772231e1e5dc7b.jpg

I’ll be opening them up and swapping over the internals with the custom mounts and the quad D2S projectors along with the profile prism RGB demon eyes. I’ll be leaving the smoked DRL lenses, and I’ll be removing the amber reflectors and installing these AlphaRex clear reflectors
5aeeff2175a1cd692aa25ee96d590f3e.jpg

I will also be stripping the chrome from the projector shrouds and going all black bezel with the smoked DRL lenses and the smoked/clear reflectors and I’m going to be installing some RGB color chasing led’s into the upper and lower DRL lenses to match the demon eyes. Will be even better then my current build.

I will be selling my current lights, except they will have the stock AlphaRex projectors in them, along with smoked reflectors, custom painted red shrouds, and the RGB upper and lower DRL’s. They have some holes in the dust caps and other things so I’ll be letting them go fairly cheap. If the buyer wants to keep the current D2S projectors and the entire current setup then I’ll sell them but for alot more.

NJMOPAR

Older and faster
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Damn, that sucks. Black quads with shrouds? You mean the G2 Pro Series 2019 style in Jet Black?

Why not just open them up and retrofit them [emoji48][emoji48][emoji48]
I mean the chrome ovals that block the tip of the bulb. Just the $120 quad reflectors in black.
Already sent back. Seems all the projectors with top & bottom "drl" strips require parking lights on to function as DRLs so they're not independent, and most say the strips aren't that bright in daylight anyway, so the search continues...

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L

That’s not true. The AlphaRex lights come with a DRL harness and all you do is plug it in and then tap an keyed-on fuse. Then anytime you turn your key to accessories or on, the DRL’s come on.

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
And the AlphaRex DRL’s are extremely bright for what they are. The stock AlphaRex DRL’s were brighter than the Profile Prism Sequential Switchbacks I have in them now.

NJMOPAR

Older and faster
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Sorry to pick your brains @OnSale :)
Are you talking about AlphaRex base model for $290? It looks like just top strip is white, the $455 G2s have top & bottom showing white w/bottom a switchback.
I'd be happy with the base model if it allows at least the top strip on without needing parking lights. Some reviews say harness is included for this, others say not possible.
You're the guru on this, help me not make another mistake! :hail:

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Sorry to pick your brains @OnSale :)
Are you talking about AlphaRex base model for $290? It looks like just top strip is white, the $455 G2s have top & bottom showing white w/bottom a switchback.
I'd be happy with the base model if it allows at least the top strip on without needing parking lights. Some reviews say harness is included for this, others say not possible.
You're the guru on this, help me not make another mistake! :hail:

I have the base model as that was the only available mode when I bought mine, when AlphaRex first released them. They absolutely 100% come with a DRL harness. The back of the headlight had a small red wire with a tube shaped butt connector and you plug that into the harness, on both lights. Then the harness has an in-line fuse, a + and a -. Wire that positive to an “always on” fuse in your fuse box (I used the Accessory Outlet #2 fuse) and then wire the - to a ground. Now when you turn your key to Accessories or to On, the “DRL” will be on 24/7.

As for a top only DRL, the much older and original Pro Series definitely have a top only DRL. But those are no longer sold, and the G2 series replaced them and the G2 series has an upper and lower white DRL with a lower switchback (top stays white always, bottom switches between white and amber).

The sets for $290 on eBay might very well be the older original Pro version with the single DRL location.

Ok so I just checked and the sets for $270-$290 on eBay are the original set with the older internals.

Here is the newer sets with the upgraded DRL boards and upgraded projectors for $370.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/283862036473