What do I need?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chief_ManyFarts

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
New member everyone. I also know nothing about this stuff. I've been reading the forums, asking shops, asking the dealer. It seems just too much!

I just bought a 2019 Ram Tradesman Classic Quad cab 1500 2WD. I want to level it (or lift it) to be able to run 33 X 12.5 X 20's on it. I've been told that just the 2.5 spacer in the front will work. I've also been told that it will do something with the control arms. I just want the low down! Do I just use the spacer for 50 bucks or do I get a complete kit for a grand? No off-roading other than getting to the deer blind through a pasture a couple of times a year.

Thanks for the advice!

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you want to do it on the cheap, level it with a spacer kit. Run it until the control arm ball joints finally wear out, then get new control arms.

If you have extra cash and want a little more “performance” out of it, use bilstein struts.

You dont NEED a full blown “lift kit” to run 33’s.

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You could put that size tire on right now and be fine. You dont have to worry about cv angles, so just do the spacer. Unless you plan on some serious offroad where the front wheels pound up and down and fully droop, you should be fine. You will need an alignment after the spacer install.

OP
OP
Chief_ManyFarts

Chief_ManyFarts

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thank you gentlemen! I appreciate the feedback!

Any suggestions on which spacers to use?

Last edited: