What Do the V6 Guys Have Going On?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

develand

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Like the title states, I want to know what is out there, if anything for the v6. I am not looking to make the truck fast or anything, just thinking, intake, and maybe exhaust if something sounds good.

Thanks in advance.

Pictures or videos always help.

dearchristopher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Like the title states, I want to know what is out there, if anything for the v6. I am not looking to make the truck fast or anything, just thinking, intake, and maybe exhaust if something sounds good.

Thanks in advance.

Pictures or videos always help.
I wouldn't do exhaust. I had a 3.7 jeep liberty with an intake and changed the exhaust and quickly went back to stock. up top they just don't sound that great and truck like in my opinion. intake opens them up just enough to be throaty under acceleration and its a great trade off with quiet stock exhaust

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

darthdzl

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Tradesman RCSB
Engine
V6
There are a couple CAIs for the V6, and supposedly the OEM Sport exhaust from the Hemi sounds good according at at least one forum member.

I don't have the links right now, but searching for "CAI Pentastar" or "CAI V6" should help you find the cold-air intake thread(s), and I think "sport exhaust v6" might help you find the other. I know at least one of the CAI threads was within the last year, and the Sport exhaust one was within the last few months.

There's also a thread titled something like "Pentastar Performance Upgrades" that has a lot of "bah, get a Hemi" in between the actual useful posts about upgrades. You'll probably pick up some of that in this thread too, so just ignore it.

Hope that helps!

Indaram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 QC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had the oem sport exhaust on my v6 and it sounded great. I also had the Airaid intake and it's nice as well. :)

OP
OP
D

develand

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I know K&N makes and intake. I wouldn't mind swapping rear bumpers and exhaust. I hate that plain metal tip.

OP
OP
D

develand

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
That air raid system looks better then the K&N.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I had the oem sport exhaust on my v6 and it sounded great. I also had the Airaid intake and it's nice as well. :)
I have the same but with the K&N intake. I posted a video in the Pentastar performance thread.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

TerraNewf

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
There are a couple CAIs for the V6, and supposedly the OEM Sport exhaust from the Hemi sounds good according at at least one forum member.

I don't have the links right now, but searching for "CAI Pentastar" or "CAI V6" should help you find the cold-air intake thread(s), and I think "sport exhaust v6" might help you find the other. I know at least one of the CAI threads was within the last year, and the Sport exhaust one was within the last few months.

There's also a thread titled something like "Pentastar Performance Upgrades" that has a lot of "bah, get a Hemi" in between the actual useful posts about upgrades. You'll probably pick up some of that in this thread too, so just ignore it.

Hope that helps!
You're bang with your post, I started that thread and it did get out of hand with get a Hemi crap. Pentastar performance upgrades

Last edited:

dearchristopher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You're bang with your post, I started that thread and it did get out of hand with get a Hemi crap. Pentastar performance upgrades
which is stupid because the pentastar has very respectable power numbers and its a strong motor. do you know what gears your truck has?

RLJ10X

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
What goes on here between the Hemi Guys and the Pentastar guys, is very calm and civilized. On the Mustang site, When I repeated the American Muscle had run 12.3 quarter mile with a lightly modded 3.7 V6, They all but formed a lynch mod to go looking for me. Never mind the vid was already on you tube.

The Pentastar in my 2 door Wrangler is a little monster in that 4000 pound vehicle. I have the manual with the factory 3.73 rear end. I can't believe they put that engine in the Jeep. It's way more than it can normally use.

In the Ram, I'd do an AirRaid, and maybe a tuner, and call it a day. The Sport Exhaust sounds pretty good as is. Besides, if you put a bunch of money into the Pentastar, your soon into Hemi Money territory.

darthdzl

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Tradesman RCSB
Engine
V6
What goes on here between the Hemi Guys and the Pentastar guys, is very calm and civilized. On the Mustang site, When I repeated the American Muscle had run 12.3 quarter mile with a lightly modded 3.7 V6, They all but formed a lynch mod to go looking for me. Never mind the vid was already on you tube.
Oh, it's calm. It's civilized. It's just irritating to see three or four "you shoulda got a hemi" posts for every single Pentastar performance question.

If I ask whether I should've gotten a hemi, feel free to tell me so. But if I'm asking for parts for a V6, "get a hemi" does me no good.

TerraNewf

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
which is stupid because the pentastar has very respectable power numbers and its a strong motor. do you know what gears your truck has?

I'm pretty sure it has the 3:21. Don't tow much and it serves me just fine. Truck convenience with great economy. If I had a big fifth wheel trailer to tow then I would be into a 2500 with the 6.4 without a doubt. My truck carries my quad which is a 2014 Can Am 650 MAX XT, 800lbs plus. There's no problem and I take it everywhere, lots of cleaning on the truck and quad afterwards,lol

Last edited:

dearchristopher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm pretty sure it has the 3:21. Don't tow much and it serves me just fine. Truck convenience with great economy. If I had a big fifth wheel trailer to tow then I would be into a 2500 with the 6.4 without a doubt. My truck carries my quad which is a 2014 Can Am 650 MAX XT, 800lbs plus. There's no problem and I take it everywhere, lots of cleaning on the truck and quad afterwards,lol
3:21 with 8 speed is not bad. if OP swapped to 3:92 or 4:10 gears that would be a solid upgrade, but at the expense of fuel economy, even if marginally.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Mine is 3:55 4x4...

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I have observed what the sticker says, even after changing the exhaust and adding a CAI. 17/24 City/highway...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
casey1981