What do you still want to do to your 4th Gen?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
JohnBob08

JohnBob08

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was tempted because a shop near me has some take off black srt 22s for a good deal but I was planning on 20s. And I can’t find many pics of a non street look ram on 22s.

I've had the same issues finding them with mud tires. I want to see what 35 M/Ts look like on them. How much are they wanting for those wheels?

bchap05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've had the same issues finding them with mud tires. I want to see what 35 M/Ts look like on them. How much are they wanting for those wheels?

1100 with 85% left tires. The tires however are Nitto Terra Grapplers which aren't aggressive enough for me.

OP
OP
JohnBob08

JohnBob08

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
1100 with 85% left tires. The tires however are Nitto Terra Grapplers which aren't aggressive enough for me.

That's not a bad price. I was looking at the RBP Repulsor tires. I haven't heard anything bad but they are relatively new. They are running 35s for pretty cheap.

blackbeautyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I wanna get the bushwacker trail armor rocker guards here soon, swap out the stock struts with the lift spacers for the rough country 6” lift struts, catch can, and maybe one of the black factory headlights. Probably eventually a s&b cai or at the very least a drop in air filter.

Mudders Beast

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Add trailer brake controller and front tow hooks. Finally got the usb/SD card music files working.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
AMP Powersteps, a bigger sound system...IF I keep it...eyeballing a Scat Pack...............:drunk:

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
My next upgrade will be the rear stabilizer bar to a Hellwig.

Then that will most likely be it until I can justify new tires.

Man you will like the Hellwig, I could tell the difference by the end of my 250' drive way.

Dont need to justify new tires , just get them. :rockit:

Craw

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I have had the entire exterior Line-X/ POR-15 to fight rust and a**holes flicking up rocks.
Has already...

-8.4 Radio
-Back Up Cam
-Sport Package
-Read Slide Window
-Revolver x2 Tonneau Cover (LOVE IT!, Use the model number to look for great deals on amazon, got mine for 500 dollars off, check weekly)
-Bedliner Sprayed (Unknown but Line-X guy said the Company went out of bizz for using too much material...works for me!)
-Premium Head Lights
-Heated Mirrors
-Dual Zone AC
-Side Steps
-Mini Towing mirrors, just to help out a little
-Tow Package
-Mud Flaps

(Please help me decide what else to do lol!)

WHAT I WANT!!!

Now this may be because I dont understand the difference between Tow Assist and Control

- Tow Control ( I have the Tow Assist I think, tells me what the truck is doing and has a Tow/Haul button, no lever)

- Tow Hooks
- Winch
- Grill Protector ( Not bull bars ) (I would get it Line-x Prem Black to Match Side Steps)

- Rims and Tires

- Cant do Tail Gate assist, doesnt fit the hole after the line-x job.

Last edited:

jshillin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've had it about 3 months and knocked out most of my list. Couple things I still want to do. Install my power fold mirrors come spring. Still plan to order body color door handles and auto climate control. On the maybe list is a 24" mufflex and bumper for the dual outlet exhaust.

Mbrigh3

IG: Stormtrooper_5.7
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I tried using the old LED reverse light bulbs as my floor lighting ( bought newer ones with a Canbus). 5 minutes in they were pouring smoke lol. It appears they are as they look... to much for floor lighting lol

Mbrigh3

IG: Stormtrooper_5.7
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've had it about 3 months and knocked out most of my list. Couple things I still want to do. Install my power fold mirrors come spring. Still plan to order body color door handles and auto climate control. On the maybe list is a 24" mufflex and bumper for the dual outlet exhaust.

Im pretty sure you cannot install the factory auto climate control :(

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Longhorn CTD HO DRW 4x4
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
I have had the entire exterior Line-X/ POR-15 to fight rust...

Very nice on the Line-X. Any photos of the POR-15?

bigred90gt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just ordered and am awaiting arrival of:
TYC chrome projectors
Morimoto HIDs
Morimoto led vertical fogs
Mufflex DOD18

Already have a tonneau installed

The only thing left for now is to get my windows tinted. I can’t find a tint shop to do what I want though. Texas law states 25%. For some stupid reason, every tint shop has it in their head that 35% is the limit. None of them will do 25%, even though I have shown them the statute. I can pay cash and get 20% with no receipt and no written warranty (they say they’ll honor the warranty, but can’t have it traceable that they did it). I don’t want it illegal, I just want it darker than 35%.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JPT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The only thing left for now is to get my windows tinted. I can’t find a tint shop to do what I want though. Texas law states 25%. For some stupid reason, every tint shop has it in their head that 35% is the limit. None of them will do 25%, even though I have shown them the statute. I can pay cash and get 20% with no receipt and no written warranty (they say they’ll honor the warranty, but can’t have it traceable that they did it). I don’t want it illegal, I just want it darker than 35%.

If their statute is like it is in NY it is the amount of light that passes through with tint on. Clear factory glass actually blocks a certain amount (almost 20%) on it's own.

In NY, you have to allow 70% of light in (unless you have tinting exemption, which I have on all my vehicles). You can't just go by the number on the tint and have to leave a buffer.

Last edited:

1quick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm pretty happy with the features. I wish I would have got ventilated seats and 3.92 gears but the pedal commander pretty much fixed the 2nd issue.

Now if I only I could have Android Auto lon my 8.4 like every other modern car :(

Craw

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Very nice on the Line-X. Any photos of the POR-15?

It was primarily to protect where the line-x couldn't be sprayed. The best spot was the bottom bit below the doors where the most chipping happens. You can see in the 2nd picture they got the very lip that is a Pain in the ****.

IMG_20180108_161330.jpg

IMG_20180108_161343.jpg

IMG_20180108_161350.jpg

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Longhorn CTD HO DRW 4x4
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
I’ve got a 2018 RAM 2500HD 4x4 6.4 Hemi. I’d like to trade the highway tread tires for s a set of mud tires and install a cb radio without drilling any holes in the truck( I promised my wife I would not be drilling holes) Also a full set of mud flaps/rock guards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk