What DON'T you like about your RAM?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
There’s one more setting that needs to be changed, then. CBC I/O Ambient Temperature Sensor Present needs to be changed to “NO”.

No luck, but thanks for the suggestion.
I noticed on the build sheet it mentions only '1 touch down' so I guess the fleet that built it didn't want to pay for 1 touch up too lol.

At least it has power windows, my Dakota was crank!

My 2014 Express has both but occasionally only one or the other will work.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Oh ok. The build sheets on my 2014 and 2016 both say 1 touch up and down.

I may be mistaken, but are the auto up windows limited to quad/crew cabs? Both my regular cab sports had auto down but not up, whereas my crew cab longhorn has the auto up function.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The 86 F150 I mentioned was bought new in 86 by my dad. It was his daily driver until 1999 when he took my ranger to trade in on a new F150 for himself, and gave me his truck. It was my daily driver for another several years. When I got rid of it in 04, at 18 years old and with almost 250k on it (including taking a rinse in the bay while launching our boat once), the switch never had a hiccup.

Sounds like a pretty good truck! I didn't realize the floor switch made it that late into the 80's, thanks for sharing!

bigred90gt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sounds like a pretty good truck! I didn't realize the floor switch made it that late into the 80's, thanks for sharing!
It was a tank man. Aside from needing a transmission rebuild and new interior after taking a drive into the bay, it never had a single problem in almost 20 years and over 200k miles. Once I got it, I ragged on it and eventually blew the engine to the point it needed a new long block, but that was my fault. I was young and dumb. I even rear ended someone at around 35-40ish mph and if I didnt tell you, you would never know. Totaled a mini van, causing a 4 car pile-up, and literally no damage to the truck other than some scratches on the plastic inserts on the bumper. That is the one truck I would have kept if I could do it over again.

Sorry for drifting off topic.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It was a tank man. Aside from needing a transmission rebuild and new interior after taking a drive into the bay, it never had a single problem in almost 20 years and over 200k miles. Once I got it, I ragged on it and eventually blew the engine to the point it needed a new long block, but that was my fault. I was young and dumb. I even rear ended someone at around 35-40ish mph and if I didnt tell you, you would never know. Totaled a mini van, causing a 4 car pile-up, and literally no damage to the truck other than some scratches on the plastic inserts on the bumper. That is the one truck I would have kept if I could do it over again.

Sorry for drifting off topic.

No problem here from drifting off a little bit, I love hearing stories/experiences like that. They truly don't make them like they used to!

Michigan BIGHORN

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l Hemi (obviously)
First of all for all of us who buy these trucks and are supposedly so in love with them WHY IS THIS THE LONGESSSTTT THREAD I HAVE SEEN SO FAR? Just throwing that out there and wondering if anyone else noticed that? So here's the thing, I've owned more vehicles than I can remember, most of them GM products. I do almost all my own wrench work which is why I hate Fords. This is actually my first Mopar truck and I absolutely love it BUT there are some things like the mysterious electrical issue nobody has ever heard of. Case in point, hasn't been a perfect vehicle made yet. Out of the hundreds I've owned never had a single one I loved %100. You weigh the bad against the good and if the scale tips in favor of the good you go with it. 'Nuff said.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

VCorleone

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7L V6
Forgot this one....I can buy a cabin air filter for the 2017 Ram, but my truck doesn't have one. I found a mod on line that will allow the use of a filter, I just have not done it yet. That's a head scratcher for me.

I've seen several videos showing "How to Replace The Cabin Air Filter on a 2017 Ram 1500" Looks to take about a minute to do the swap, but I do not have the same 'cover' or access panel shown in these videos.

Last edited:

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Forgot this one....I can buy a cabin air filter for the 2017 Ram, but my truck doesn't have one. I found a mod on line that will allow the use of a filter, I just have not done it yet. That's a head scratcher for me.

I've seen several videos showing "How to Replace The Cabin Air Filter on a 2017 Ram 1500" Looks to take about a minute to do the swap, but I do not have the same 'cover' or access panel shown in these videos.

See, now this is reasonable. I don’t know why they waited all the way up to the later years before they started shipping these trucks out with a replaceable cabin filter but at least for those of you who don’t have one, there is at least a light at the end of the tunnel for you to very conveniently add one.

Go to amazon and buy this kit-
https://www.amazon.com/DODGE-1500-5...00+cabin+air+filter+kit&qid=1594379058&sr=8-3

The only thing you’ll have to do is remove your lower glovebox door and take a sharp razor knife, and cut out the horizontal rectangular piece of plastic where the filter goes. Get that out of the way and you can now install your new filter and use the supplied cover piece and snap it on.

Here’s even a video that explains it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
First of all for all of us who buy these trucks and are supposedly so in love with them WHY IS THIS THE LONGESSSTTT THREAD I HAVE SEEN SO FAR? Just throwing that out there and wondering if anyone else noticed that? So here's the thing, I've owned more vehicles than I can remember, most of them GM products. I do almost all my own wrench work which is why I hate Fords. This is actually my first Mopar truck and I absolutely love it BUT there are some things like the mysterious electrical issue nobody has ever heard of. Case in point, hasn't been a perfect vehicle made yet. Out of the hundreds I've owned never had a single one I loved %100. You weigh the bad against the good and if the scale tips in favor of the good you go with it. 'Nuff said.

You haven't seen the AlfaOBD thread yet...lots of love there.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Six8888

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Well no one goes on a forum in the internet to praise something much, usually it’s to complain from my experience anyway

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well no one goes on a forum in the internet to praise something much, usually it’s to complain from my experience anyway

And just because you love something doesn't mean you have to blindly love it all of the time despite any downfalls. I love my GF but sometimes she does things that make me complain, still love her though.

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
And just because you love something doesn't mean you have to blindly love it all of the time despite any downfalls. I love my GF but sometimes she does things that make me complain, still love her though.
What don't you like about your woman thread! I like it. Sure to be a hit here![emoji1]

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

bigred90gt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
What don't you like about your woman thread! I like it. Sure to be a hit here![emoji1]

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk
Can we just plead the 5th and y’all just know, I’m case SWMBO happens across the thread?

Asking for a friend.

OP
OP
tones2SS

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I started this thread not to complain about the truck, but to just see what others dislike about their truck.
I don't hate my truck, in fact, I LOVE IT! There are just some of the things that bother me about it and I wanted to see what others had to say.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I started this thread not to complain about the truck, but to just see what others dislike about their truck.
I don't hate my truck, in fact, I LOVE IT! There are just some of the things that bother me about it and I wanted to see what others had to say.

You sure got some doozies of some complaints there, tones.

I dunno, call me an ass all ya want because some of this **** mentioned, I woulda kept that to myself.

OP
OP
tones2SS

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You sure got some doozies of some complaints there, tones.
I dunno, call me an ass all ya want because some of this **** mentioned, I woulda kept that to myself.

Look at you all high and mighty.
You sound like a douche bag. I bet you are a real douche bag in person, huh??

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Look at you all high and mighty.
You sound like a douche bag. I bet you are a real douche bag in person, huh??

I’m not high an mighty but if that’s what you want your perception of me to be then by all means, get after it, bud. But it’s awful funny how you start with the name-calling just because you apparently thought my response to ya was a little rough. Go crawl back in your safey space, snowflake.

OP
OP
tones2SS

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’m not high an mighty but if that’s what you want your perception of me to be then by all means, get after it, bud. But it’s awful funny how you start with the name-calling just because you apparently thought my response to ya was a little rough. Go crawl back in your safey space, snowflake.
You're a douche bag.
You think you have to reply to everyone's gripe in here. Such a douche.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You're a douche bag.
You think you have to reply to everyone's gripe in here. Such a douche.

Lol!!! Whatever, pal. And no, I don’t have to reply to everyone’s “gripe” but again, this is a discussion forum, is it not?? Isn’t discussing things here the reason why we’re all here in the first place? Thought it was. Sounds like too many people need to grow some thicker skin.

audiophile

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Peeling clear coat on the hood.........

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members