What DON'T you like about your RAM?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BuschLatte420

chill water by day, drink beer by night
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 classic tradesmen crew cab 6’4 box
Engine
5.7L NON E-TORQUE 3.92 gears 4x4
Might want to go to a reputable tire shop that actually does road-force balancing and get your tires re-balanced.
Was the same with stock tires, was the same with new tires, unfortunately not the tires did it since brand new.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Was the same with stock tires, was the same with new tires, unfortunately not the tires did it since brand new.
OK so, did you ever at one point have your stock tires re-balanced on a machine that does road-force balancing? I’m kind of thinking you probably didn’t and being that you said you still had the vibration even after you bought new tires, where those road force balanced?

Marmay

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Stock tires,56 000 km and start cracking along the rims.

BuschLatte420

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
OK so, did you ever at one point have your stock tires re-balanced on a machine that does road-force balancing? I’m kind of thinking you probably didn’t and being that you said you still had the vibration even after you bought new tires, where those road force balanced?
No, I never needed tires roadforce balanced in my life, unbalanced tires in the front cause a shimmy / shaking steering wheel and the rear you would feel in the seats and such to my knowledge but I never had a tire balance issue in 15 years. I’m going off of the odds of how could 2 sets of tires make absolutely no change in this little vibration. If anything it reminds me of when my 4 runner had a bad needle bearing in the front differential. Vibration is less pronounced when off the gas, is there more when there is a load on the engine.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No, I never needed tires roadforce balanced in my life, unbalanced tires in the front cause a shimmy / shaking steering wheel and the rear you would feel in the seats and such to my knowledge but I never had a tire balance issue in 15 years. I’m going off of the odds of how could 2 sets of tires make absolutely no change in this little vibration. If anything it reminds me of when my 4 runner had a bad needle bearing in the front differential. Vibration is less pronounced when off the gas, is there more when there is a load on the engine.
I don’t think I’ve ever needed road force balancing done on any of my tires until I bought my 2018 ram 1500 which, I think a lot of the problem lies within the stock wheels but, I can’t say a whole lot about the stock Goodyear SRA’s that came on my truck brand new because I only drove on them for about 2500 miles before I pulled them off and bought something else and having discount tire eventually road force balance my tires, it took out a lot of the vibration even I had so you might ought to give it a try.

Another thing to consider is being that a lot of these new wheels don’t allow for typical hammer-on wheel weights on the one side, those stick-on weights are notorious for coming off.

BuschLatte420

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I don’t think I’ve ever needed road force balancing done on any of my tires until I bought my 2018 ram 1500 which, I think a lot of the problem lies within the stock wheels but, I can’t say a whole lot about the stock Goodyear SRA’s that came on my truck brand new because I only drove on them for about 2500 miles before I pulled them off and bought something else and having discount tire eventually road force balance my tires, it took out a lot of the vibration even I had so you might ought to give it a try.

Another thing to consider is being that a lot of these new wheels don’t allow for typical hammer-on wheel weights on the one side, those stick-on weights are notorious for coming off.
That is one thing I looked at not to long ago, they all seem to be there still. Inner and outer areas of wheel. My 4 runner which has issues that couldn’t be fixed couldn’t keep weights on for the life of it for whatever reason. This seems more drivetrain related but with what I seen people go through I should be happy mine is as minimal as it is. Just a annoyance I will bring up at next oil change. I ditched the stock Goodyears at 1100 miles myself when I could get $$$ for them

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That is one thing I looked at not to long ago, they all seem to be there still. Inner and outer areas of wheel. My 4 runner which has issues that couldn’t be fixed couldn’t keep weights on for the life of it for whatever reason. This seems more drivetrain related but with what I seen people go through I should be happy mine is as minimal as it is. Just a annoyance I will bring up at next oil change. I ditched the stock Goodyears at 1100 miles myself when I could get $$$ for them
One thing about those stick-on wheel weights, I have yet to see a tire shop that actually cleans all of the old adhesive material off whenever they balance a tire so unless you’re standing there watching them balance your tire and actually make a mental note of where exactly and how many weights they put on your tire, there’s no way to tell that if you to go out there right now and look at the inside of your wheels and see if the sticky residue you find was from a weight that came off that they just put on or if that was from an old weight that didn’t get cleaned off.

Even though the brand new stock tires rode good and actually had pretty good traction, I knew that wouldn’t last long due to a previous experience so while they were still new, I got rid of them so that I could get a decent return out of them.

But yeah, you could also have an out of balance drive line, too. I would definitely start with the road force balancing because you’re not the only one to have this problem.

BuschLatte420

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
One thing about those stick-on wheel weights, I have yet to see a tire shop that actually cleans all of the old adhesive material off whenever they balance a tire so unless you’re standing there watching them balance your tire and actually make a mental note of where exactly and how many weights they put on your tire, there’s no way to tell that if you to go out there right now and look at the inside of your wheels and see if the sticky residue you find was from a weight that came off that they just put on or if that was from an old weight that didn’t get cleaned off.

Even though the brand new stock tires rode good and actually had pretty good traction, I knew that wouldn’t last long due to a previous experience so while they were still new, I got rid of them so that I could get a decent return out of them.

But yeah, you could also have an out of balance drive line, too. I would definitely start with the road force balancing because you’re not the only one to have this problem.
I will let it be in the dealers hands since it is not even a year old, and under 5,000 miles. Just seems like a short continuous rotational groan that stops and goes every second at those speeds, 70 mph on the highway smooth as silk! Just don’t want the dealer to make something worse, if they do anything at all if there isn’t a ‘code’ or something exploded

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I will let it be in the dealers hands since it is not even a year old, and under 5,000 miles. Just seems like a short continuous rotational groan that stops and goes every second at those speeds, 70 mph on the highway smooth as silk! Just don’t want the dealer to make something worse, if they do anything at all if there isn’t a ‘code’ or something exploded
I don’t know, I still had quite a bit of factory warranty on my truck when I had a real bad vibration like that. Not so much on the factory tires but I did on the BFG all-terrain‘s that replaced them and then eventually on the Michelin defender LTX’s that replaced those a year later and, the road force balancing took out almost all of it.

BuschLatte420

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I don’t know, I still had quite a bit of factory warranty on my truck when I had a real bad vibration like that. Not so much on the factory tires but I did on the BFG all-terrain‘s that replaced them and then eventually on the Michelin defender LTX’s that replaced those a year later and, the road force balancing took out almost all of it.
Must say those KO2’s are pretty damn smooth for a LT E, Only tire I will buy!

Attachments

• E19F2ECB-D3FC-466B-892E-E3780A328747.jpeg
    E19F2ECB-D3FC-466B-892E-E3780A328747.jpeg
    192.4 KB · Views: 5

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
The huge tire guys are into these days are more difficult to balance. Road force balancing is necessary.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Must say those KO2’s are pretty damn smooth for a LT E, Only tire I will buy!
Are you sure those are a 10-ply? The set I had which were the stock 20” size, were an 8-ply and at 39 psi, they rode fairly smooth also but they also rode kinda spongy too and generated a lot more air pressure at highway speeds on hot days and when I learned that BFG recommended 55psi with a minimum of 50psi all the way around, I got my good handling, braking, cornering and acceleration back but then they rode like a tank. Got rid of them for the Michelins.

BuschLatte420

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Are you sure those are a 10-ply? The set I had which were the stock 20” size, were an 8-ply and at 39 psi, they rode fairly smooth also but they also rode kinda spongy too and generated a lot more air pressure at highway speeds on hot days and when I learned that BFG recommended 55psi with a minimum of 50psi all the way around, I got my good handling, braking, cornering and acceleration back but then they rode like a tank. Got rid of them for the Michelins.
Honestly couldn’t tell you, it is a 265/70r17 stock size but a LT E, BF Goodrich recommended 47 psi All 4 corners to me, summer time now they get up to 52 ish with the heat.

TheEnder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
My Lonestar is pretty much as loaded as a lonestar could be minus a few things like fog lights, leather seats, and the sunroof all of which i didn’t want.

One thing i regret not getting was the projectors….i swear to god the stock halogens are awful. Can’t wait to eventually get them upgraded with different housings.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Honestly couldn’t tell you, it is a 265/70r17 stock size but a LT E, BF Goodrich recommended 47 psi All 4 corners to me, summer time now they get up to 52 ish with the heat.
Yeah, you pretty much have the same size that comes on the rebel so that would make better sense of those being a 10 ply. I’d probably set them to whatever the Rebel recommended pressure is which is I believe like, 47, 48 in the front and like 45 and 46 in the back.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My Lonestar is pretty much as loaded as a lonestar could be minus a few things like fog lights, leather seats, and the sunroof all of which i didn’t want.

One thing i regret not getting was the projectors….i swear to god the stock halogens are awful. Can’t wait to eventually get them upgraded with different housings.
Once you put much better bulbs in them they work pretty good but then you end up blinding everyone else on the road.

NETim

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I don't like the AM reception, or more accurately, the lack of AM reception. FM stations work as expected, range wise. But this truck just won't pull in AM worth a hoot.

Last edited:

Marmay

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't like the AM reception, or more accurately, the lack of AM reception. FM stations work as expected, range wise. But his truck just won't pull in AM worth a hoot.
Yaaa,and even worst when you replace the original antenna with 13" ,then you dont get the loco station, only 2 miles away.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yaaa,and even worst when you replace the original antenna with 13" ,then you dont get the loco station, only 2 miles away.
That’s not the trucks fault, though…

I put a faux 50 caliber rifle cartridge in place of my antenna and I can’t even hardly pick up anything FM but that’s OK, I don’t listen to neither FM or AM.

Last edited: