What DON'T you like about your RAM?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
tones2SS

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm glad the op suggested this thread.

You're welcome. :)
And, this is no way to knock on the Ram. This is my second brand new Ram in 11 years. I love it!
Good luck bro! :favorites13:

NewMexicoRamFamily

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Oil filter location and not having a cabin filter from factory. I've done the mod and a world of difference in air quality. Eventually will add a separate filter receiver, but ok for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you please elaborate on how you did this? Thank you, Laura

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Laura , go to www.allmoparparts.com they have a tutorial with photos and the sale this mod kit for about $30 , supper easy and you'll love it !

And welcome to the forum

Q68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Fairly minor, but annoying, nits:

Automatic climate control cancels fan speed control if you override the airflow settings. For example, in winter I prefer warm air to be delivered to the floor and defrost vents. I HATE cold air blowing on my face when it's 10F outside and the cabin temp is set to 70, but it will do that every time if left in auto. Only way to stop it and retain automatic fan speed control is to manually close all the dash vents.

The 8.4AN will lose its "place" when shuffle-playing from a SD card every time the truck is shut off. So if you want to listen to a subset of, say, 200 tracks in random order, once you shut down the radio forgets where it was and you will start hearing tracks you just listened to during the last drive.

Makin-Chips

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
1500 Lonestar Hemi 5.7 CC 4X4

Laura, like R.L.K. said. It is easy to do. There are several write ups and pic tutorials on this in forum.

Welcome!

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

14RamMan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Difficulty in adding a quality aftermarket sound system and the cup holders

nationalminer84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
the incandescent Lighting.... its 2016 everyone else uses LED.... the $600 Nav Upgrade... I did get it from Navrepair for $400 but still thats a lot. Yes its better than than the cheapest nav units you can buy but really if you spend 2-300 youre getting a NICE aftermarket unit its shouldn't be double from Mopar to get it turned on when its already built in.... also no cell phone holder in my 15 but a business card holder.... how many people actually use a business card holder? (I did buy one from twinstar) agree that the factory headlights suck. overall better than ano other truck I looked at for what I paid. I'm happy. just room for improvement.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
the incandescent Lighting.... its 2016 everyone else uses LED.... the $600 Nav Upgrade... I did get it from Navrepair for $400 but still thats a lot. Yes its better than than the cheapest nav units you can buy but really if you spend 2-300 youre getting a NICE aftermarket unit its shouldn't be double from Mopar to get it turned on when its already built in.... also no cell phone holder in my 15 but a business card holder.... how many people actually use a business card holder? (I did buy one from twinstar) agree that the factory headlights suck. overall better than ano other truck I looked at for what I paid. I'm happy. just room for improvement.
Well said

LiteraCola

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I love my 2012 Sport CC; I've only had it for a month and a half so I'm also still in the honeymoon phase. My biggest complaint so far would have to be the transmission's tendency to get confused when accelerating up a hill at lower speeds. On older 4speeds (GM is what I'm used to), you could lightly blip the throttle, causing it to downshift, and you could back off the throttle while remaining in the lower gear. If you blip the throttle in this truck, it wants to upshift, and then the trans almost has to think about what it's being told to do...and then it downshifts (to what seems like 2nd or 3rd) and wants to take off like a bat out of hell.
Other than that, there's nothing I've noticed that no one else hasn't mentioned already, just little preferences mostly.

reapur

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
I have a 2015 Limited EcoD
I love this truck, but there is room for improvement here:
1- Headlights
2- Auto Headlight sensor. Mine turns on the headlights and dims the dash lights while I'm wearing sunglasses and the sun is in my eyes. Usually around 5ish. Terrible design.
3- Auto Climate control, pushes air out of whatever vent it feels like and it's always the wrong decision. I want the AUTO to be adjustable to my choice. I have dry eyes and when it cycles to the top windshield vent it ruins my day. I don't use Auto.
4- Height. Truck is too low. I park next to non-air and they're an inch or so higher, other trucks too. Bad choice to make the air suspension lower.
5- NAV, let me make the fonts bigger. I don't wear glasses but I need readers to read this damn NAV screen.
6- Lack of a lockable compartment.
7 - Did you notice the spare tire access is not locked. I actually know someone who had his spare stolen.
8- Speaking of locks, a lock for the Diesel/DEF door. Way too much damage can be done by vandals.

I paid for the limited, it came minus the fender flares. I guess they want another $800 !!! I'm still mad about this.

bigoldthor

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Laramie 1500 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The U Connect blows it's a piece of s*** IMO, guessing mine got made on a hungover Monday

I still love my truck though wouldn't trade it for nothin as long as its driving down the road!
Coming from Sync on my 2015 Lariat, it's a big improvement.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

schul788

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Have a 2015 Sport with pretty much every option I could put on it. I do love it and the minor gripes I have would be no memory seats even with the $1500 leather upgrade (needs to be a Laramie or higher trim to get memory).
Also, and this is inexcusable this day in age and I'm surprised no one has mentioned it is the fact there is no telescoping steering wheel. Power adjustable pedals, sure! being able to move the steering wheel back and forth, nah. It's hard for me to find a comfortable position on long trips.
Last is the leaky third brake light.

monteholic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
1- you can't completely turn off traction control/stability
2-no aux taps for aftermarket electrical accessories
3-the tailgate spoiler
4-no cabin air filter
5- ************* BRAKE CONTTOLLER!!!
6- locked out PCM
7-can only lock differentials (PW) in low range
8- the class 5, 2 1/2" hitch, not enough shanks available for it and the adapter is loose and sloppy

chris1965

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
1- you can't completely turn off traction control/stability
2-no aux taps for aftermarket electrical accessories
3-the tailgate spoiler
4-no cabin air filter
5- ************* BRAKE CONTTOLLER!!!
6- locked out PCM
7-can only lock differentials (PW) in low range
8- the class 5, 2 1/2" hitch, not enough shanks available for it and the adapter is loose and sloppy

The brake controller works great in mine. And the hitch fits in perfectly. And what kind of accessories you're talking about? I also like the tailgate design- that's in the eye of the beholder. If you would know about locked differential, you would know why this is not a high speed device. And if you look at all the warranty claims (I know what I'm talking about ), you would understand why chrysler protects it self from manipulation. And turning off traction stability - well, also, 99.99% of drivers would not even notice, if the off button would not be present. Get you a tatra. That's what you need. If you don't know what a tatra is, just google. It's first choice for extreme offroading.

monteholic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
you have a 1500 and a class 4 hitch not a 5
you also have a 2014 not a 2015-16 that are having the brake controller issues

I also know what I am talking about, I am Master heavy Truck Tech with 30+ years experience, and there are times when you want wheel spin in sand, snow, mud, ect, and times when you want to lock the diffs other than low range, (mudding would be a good example)

FCA offers and promotes the PW for off roading, yet they inhibit it's ability to do what it is marketed for , but there are those of us that really use are brains and figure ways around these issues

roadshow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I also know what I am talking about, I am Master heavy Truck Tech with 30+ years experience, and there are times when you want wheel spin in sand, snow, mud, ect, and times when you want to lock the diffs other than low range, (mudding would be a good example)

FCA offers and promotes the PW for off roading, yet they inhibit it's ability to do what it is marketed for , but there are those of us that really use are brains and figure ways around these issues
I drove a wide variety of army vehicles from 10 ton transports to 8x8 LAVs for years both on and off road in mud and snow and I can count how many times I wanted wheel spin rather than a transmission with true 4wd lock: zero.

JRG18

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
1. Don't know if I just need an alignment, but the steering wander was the first thing I noticed compared to the other Rams I had owned. Have seen threads on the topic though so I think its a larger issue.

2. 68RFE programming causing me to hit 6th gear at 40mph.

3. No cabin air filter.

chris1965

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Oh you're a master- well then...