What DON'T you like about your RAM?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TatertotScott

The man, the myth, the legend, the one and only!
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have the stock street tires on the truck which give me an amazingly smooth and quiet ride and I drive about 38K miles per year so comfort is important. I plan on buying a set of chains but every two wheel drive truck I've owned including the ones with limited slip rear differential are worthless when its slick or muddy. Whichever wheel doesn't have good traction will spin and the other wheel just sits there.
If you have one spinning, one not, you have a faulty LSD or a Torsen, which generally are only in sports cars (or the front of Raptors)...

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

KeithDVR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
OK, this might sound bad, however, in a 2019 Ram, why don't they have memory seats!? Wait for it...….. because (at least in the Rebel) if you order the better sound system, the "driver 1 & 2" button isn't in the driver door panel, so no memory seats. Really ? Even sales and service at the dealer couldn't understand it. Just dumb IMO.

KeithDVR

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the stock street tires on the truck which give me an amazingly smooth and quiet ride and I drive about 38K miles per year so comfort is important. I plan on buying a set of chains but every two wheel drive truck I've owned including the ones with limited slip rear differential are worthless when its slick or muddy. Whichever wheel doesn't have good traction will spin and the other wheel just sits there.

That’s probably a lot of your problem. Even a good set of all terrains would be a major step up, and not make ya have to sacrifice ride quality too much.

But I’ve had plenty of 2WD pickups that got around considerably well with a set of chains on the back, almost able to follow around any 4WD without.

I can’t remember if you said your truck has traction control or not; if it does, whenever you get into the mud, turn it off. It’ll only be partially off, but partially off is better than nothin. Also, you might look in your manual to see if that full off of the traction control is even an option on yours. Mine’s a 4WD and it has it. When I’m in 4-Lock(basically 4-HI), I can turn my traction control completely off by pressing and holding the TC button for five seconds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Farmer17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
In 1999 I special ordered an F-150 exactly the way I wanted it and I paid for a limited slip rear end. My next truck was an 2004 Titan and it had limited slip differential on the window sticker but both trucks seemed to be no better in mud or snow than a basic rear end without limited slip. That's why I didn't care if my RAM had it or not and it does NOT have it. I guess I'll get some of those plastic traction boards with holes in them that are design to help get you out of mud, and if something is under both wheels it should work.

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
In 1999 I special ordered an F-150 exactly the way I wanted it and I paid for a limited slip rear end. My next truck was an 2004 Titan and it had limited slip differential on the window sticker but both trucks seemed to be no better in mud or snow than a basic rear end without limited slip. That's why I didn't care if my RAM had it or not and it does NOT have it. I guess I'll get some of those plastic traction boards with holes in them that are design to help get you out of mud, and if something is under both wheels it should work.
What kind of tires were on the f150 & titan?

Farmer17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
The F-150 I kept until 165k miles and the Titan I kept until 262K miles and had several sets of tires on both trucks, usually Goodyear Wrangler AT tires but no tires I owned had a very aggressive tread because I rarely needed it and preferred a quiet, smooth ride.

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
The F-150 I kept until 165k miles and the Titan I kept until 262K miles and had several sets of tires on both trucks, usually Goodyear Wrangler AT tires but no tires I owned had a very aggressive tread because I rarely needed it and preferred a quiet, smooth ride.
I understand not needing aggressive tires but maybe you would have noticed an improvement between lsd diffs and open diffs with an aggressive tread????

Jessica Smith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Most of my dislikes of my 2009 Sport were addressed in later updates to the 4th gen:

1) Not a fan of reflector style headlights, so ordered some nice projectors
2) Backup and cargo lights not bright enough, but again simple LED upgrade resolved
3) Old infotainment screen is of very low resolution, high glare, and much too small making the backup camera difficult to use (and backup camera has no guide lines and can't be digitally aimed up)
4) Dash looks outdated and would prefer a large LCD cluster like newer ones have, or ideally a full LCD dash that is configurable like they are showing on the new 2020 Ford Escape
5) Chrome interior bits can be blinding, which I plan to address with some vinyl wrapping
6) No overhead sunglasses bin like most vehicles
7) I prefer wheel or dash rotary dial shifter to free up space up front
8) I don't like that my wheels have glued on chrome "hubcaps", even though they are alloy

But the likes outweigh the dislikes so no worries.

TatertotScott

The man, the myth, the legend, the one and only!
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I dislike the fact that my son shot a hole in the back door of my show truck 35194c28fde94bd2bc0fe8f51f3ce029.jpg

I love my truck!
Blue Mule 18 Ram 4x4 C/C
Tradesman Power Wagon
Oh my!

That is kinda scary, kinda funny.

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Oh my!

That is kinda scary, kinda funny.

I agree but at least it didn’t hit anyone except for the truck parked next to me.
It hit his headlight and went through it. I’m glad he was cool about it. I had to trade out my headlight bucket for his. So now I’ve gotta hole in the door and a busted headlight. 4cf8d0b691278951cab78822a3d43ea3.jpg

I love my truck!
Blue Mule 18 Ram 4x4 C/C
Tradesman Power Wagon

OP
OP
tones2SS

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I dislike the fact that my son shot a hole in the back door of my show truck 35194c28fde94bd2bc0fe8f51f3ce029.jpg
I agree but at least it didn’t hit anyone except for the truck parked next to me.
It hit his headlight and went through it. I’m glad he was cool about it. I had to trade out my headlight bucket for his. So now I’ve gotta hole in the door and a busted headlight. 4cf8d0b691278951cab78822a3d43ea3.jpg

DAMN!!!!

OP
OP
tones2SS

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So,....is it just me, or does Ram trucks have a really, really bad resale value.
I kept going back and forth wit the dealership on my trade-in and was very disappointed about it. Granted the dealership will try to rip you off, but holy ****!!! My 2016 Ram Sport 4X4, rcsb stickers at OVER 44k. I have it ceramic caoted, which really needs to be done again, a 2" rear drop and a Flowmaster Outlaw direct replacement muffler AND ONLY 17,100 miles on it at the time. They're telling me that truck lost 20K in resale value???
Have you guys had an similar experiences?? That seems waaaaayyyyyy off to me.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So,....is it just me, or does Ram trucks have a really, really bad resale value.
I kept going back and forth wit the dealership on my trade-in and was very disappointed about it. Granted the dealership will try to rip you off, but holy ****!!! My 2016 Ram Sport 4X4, rcsb stickers at OVER 44k. I have it ceramic caoted, which really needs to be done again, a 2" rear drop and a Flowmaster Outlaw direct replacement muffler AND ONLY 17,100 miles on it at the time. They're telling me that truck lost 20K in resale value???

Get you a carfax report that you have to pay for. Or well, I guess you really don’t have to get a paid-for car fax report if you know good and well there’s nothing wrong with your truck, but just get a regular kelly blue book or nada report instead.

I ended up selling my old 2008 Ram myself because the dealer where my new truck came from tried to severely Jack me out of my trade in. They pulled a car fax report, and only offered me $6500 bucks trade in. I knew the truck had been involved in some kind of accident; I believe from the second owner but I never thought it would ever come back to bite me in the backside that much. Turns out I must’ve missed that it said it had reported frame damage and the dealer was severely trying to take advantage of that. They even took the truck into the shop and put it up on the rack to inspect it and they said they didn’t find anything wrong with it but, they were still trying to screw me on the trade-in price. I said hell no I’m not going to trade this truck in for $6500. I said if that’s the best you can do, I’ll take it home and sell it myself if that’s all you guys are going to give me.

The sales manager eventually came up to $7000 even after I said no, and even as I was signing the paperwork with the finance manager, that damn sales manager came back in and said that he would offer me $9000 for my truck. I still said hell no, I’m just going to sell it myself.

Well, once I got home, I decided to pay for my own Carfax report for my old truck and of course I saw the same information that that sales manager was telling me but the part that he didn’t show me was that even with that reported frame damage, I still should’ve got about $10,500-$11,000 for trade-in. But because he wanted to screw me, I was able to private party sell my truck for $13,000. Granted, that old truck of mine, even though it was 10 years old, it’s still only had about 76,000 miles on it.

And the sad part is, if I remember correctly, even with that reported frame damage ********; the dealer should’ve been able to sell that truck for damn near $15,000-$15,500. That’s how much they were looking to make profit on that truck.

They’re damn lucky I still decided to have my new truck sent to their dealership. Since it came from another dealership a long ways away I could’ve very easily had it sent somewhere else. I probably should have. Oh well. Moral of the story is, never trust with the dealer says your vehicle is worth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Keep in mind that nobody pays sticker. Typical is 10k off sticker for Rams so that means you lost 10k which happened the minute you drove off of the lot.
:cheers:

OP
OP
tones2SS

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Get you a carfax report that you have to pay for. Or well, I guess you really don’t have to get a paid-for car fax report if you know good and well there’s nothing wrong with your truck, but just get a regular kelly blue book or nada report instead.

I ended up selling my old 2008 Ram myself because the dealer where my new truck came from tried to severely Jack me out of my trade in. They pulled a car fax report, and only offered me $6500 bucks trade in. I knew the truck had been involved in some kind of accident; I believe from the second owner but I never thought it would ever come back to bite me in the backside that much. Turns out I must’ve missed that it said it had reported frame damage and the dealer was severely trying to take advantage of that. They even took the truck into the shop and put it up on the rack to inspect it and they said they didn’t find anything wrong with it but, they were still trying to screw me on the trade-in price. I said hell no I’m not going to trade this truck in for $6500. I said if that’s the best you can do, I’ll take it home and sell it myself if that’s all you guys are going to give me.

The sales manager eventually came up to $7000 even after I said no, and even as I was signing the paperwork with the finance manager, that damn sales manager came back in and said that he would offer me $9000 for my truck. I still said hell no, I’m just going to sell it myself.

Well, once I got home, I decided to pay for my own Carfax report for my old truck and of course I saw the same information that that sales manager was telling me but the part that he didn’t show me was that even with that reported frame damage, I still should’ve got about $10,500-$11,000 for trade-in. But because he wanted to screw me, I was able to private party sell my truck for $13,000. Granted, that old truck of mine, even though it was 10 years old, it’s still only had about 76,000 miles on it.

And the sad part is, if I remember correctly, even with that reported frame damage ********; the dealer should’ve been able to sell that truck for damn near $15,000-$15,500. That’s how much they were looking to make profit on that truck.

They’re damn lucky I still decided to have my new truck sent to their dealership. Since it came from another dealership a long ways away I could’ve very easily had it sent somewhere else. I probably should have. Oh well. Moral of the story is, never trust with the dealer says your vehicle is worth.
Man, that's crazy.
I did the KBB value before going to the dealership. Everything happens for a reason, I guess.

Keep in mind that nobody pays sticker. Typical is 10k off sticker for Rams so that means you lost 10k which happened the minute you drove off of the lot.
:cheers:
True.
So, we all lost 10K right off the bat?!?! :eek: o_O :eek: Wow.