What DON'T you like about your RAM?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tap4154

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V6
@tap4154 the problem is when I bought the truck the salesman informed me that it had 3.92 gears. He said the harvest edition came standard with them. And I believed him until I looked up my trucks specs on the Chrysler website and it said 3.21. I know I can always up the gears to 3.92 which is alot cheaper than a new truck. I agree running a travel trailer with full water is nuts but I wasn't aware that I could fill it up at Flying J's or other rest stops.

Okay, that's different. Maybe I'm meaner than you but if the salesman said it came with 3:92 and that's what you wanted, I'd be at the dealer demanding they put a 3:92 on it, or give me a full refund. Quite a difference between 3:21 and 3:92!

UgB4e

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
@tap4154 yeah I would've done that had I known sooner. At this point it won't matter because I've been paying on it 2 years.

Konrad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi eTorque
Never had one single problem hauling my own and not going out of my way to drive around looking for it ..lol
One of those to each there own things I guess, full tanks really dont slosh around. I have always drained it for the trip home though.

Did you know the local parks around here charge you to just pull in and get water or dump your tanks if your not staying at them? Was kinda surprised by that but can see it I guess

To each their own indeed. For me, it only takes minimal effort to plan for, saves me fuel and equipment by not hauling unnecessary 500lbs and gives me peace of mind on the road. I don't mind going "out of my way" if required - for me that's the whole purpose of camping / recreational traveling. I'm pretty sure hauling 1/4 ton of water from Chicago to Moab would cost me more than couple bucks for fill-up in a local park, so I'm fine with paying for water from time to time as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ramit355

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram Laramie Sport 4WD
Engine
Lotta people like those 3:21’s for fuel mileage but they do have them with 3.92’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

last two trucks I had with 392. One I had with 355 and one 321. The 355 was nice and would have ordered again in 2014 and 2019 if I could have....but I love the 392...never bought truck for gas mileage.

Ramit355

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hopefully this ain’t a stupid question but gave you tried lubing the striker posts and the latches?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never a stupid question! Sometimes as simple as it may be for others it can be a big help for a guys like me! I did that on the first time thinking that was all that was needed....I hate slamming that tailgate but my who family would close it normal and the ajar light would come on...lol....they slam hell out of now! lol. It works perfectly as long as you slam the hell out of! It how was when I was a kid!:)

Ramit355

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I (almost) always have the SENSOR on, just not the Stop/Brake assist. Very first day I brought the truck home it would not let me back into the garage. It's been off since.

That is a shame....): Never have a problem backing in our garage with it on at all times.....But If I back out the drive way kind of fast and do slow down at the before little "Dip" at drive ways end it will slam the brakes on and scare the hell out me!

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
That is a shame....): Never have a problem backing in our garage with it on at all times.....But If I back out the drive way kind of fast and do slow down at the before little "Dip" at drive ways end it will slam the brakes on and scare the hell out me!

You make me reconsider turning it back on.

BUT. My garage space is very tight. I ALWAYS get the solid beeeeeeeeep signal on at least the front if not the rear sensor. So I think it would not let me in.

TheEnder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
I hate that the truck is too tall for garages.

Sent from my iPhone XS Max using Tapatalk

flyingron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
My two biggest gripes with my 2020 1500 Limited are:

The owner's manual that comes with it sucks (though the PDF file available online is much better).
The stupid trailer mirror option kills the suround view feature which is very nice (I recently got to drive another vehicle that had it). I think I'd use the surround more than the silly auto park features.

Doug States

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 L
Now I discovered that my coat which was laying in the back seat was all wet after recent rainstorm. I suspect there is a leak in the window seal (back) or the brake light, or the satellite antenna. I saw a post about brake light above. The leather is ruined and I smell a little mildew. It's been going on for a while and I just thought the leather was subpar. It's going in for evaluation next week, 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie, 31k miles. Very disappointing manufacturing quality! If I didn't have the extended warranty I'd trade it off for a F-150 but I'll suffer through 70k more miles (2 years). They will replace the back seat, cushions and leather though, I'll guarantee that! I've fought with corporate on my old 2016 Eco Diesel that self destructed and had to get new engine at 57k miles and 3 years of service. I have my own "case worker" at FCA and they suck at product support I can tell you. I don't accept No for an answer so they will fix it. I'll post pics and keep you posted on the service department in Lincoln, NE.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What I currently dont like:

1. Whining A/C compressor. "went away" during the winter, Im guessing because the A/C doesnt kick on during the winter. Now that its a bit warmer, the whine is back. VERY annoying at low speeds because the engine doesnt drown it out. Didnt start until last summer, truck was 2 years old.

2. A squeak/clunk noise from right rear (almost sounds like its in the rear passenger seat), only when turning right and if the wheel "hops" on a dip in the road, like a sewer grate. Not sure when this started....Ive checked my running boards and they are tight. Also checked right rear suspension bolts and they are all tight as well.

My biggest issue isnt with the truck...its with the dealers. I have zero faith that they will fix either of them. I already went to 2 dealers for #1, both said its normal. With the Corona beer panic, Im not sure when I want to attempt to have them take a look at #2.

Omegasupreme

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Getting a whine from the frontend now. Also I think there is an exhaust leak. Just hit 46,000 miles. I feel like this truck won't last until 75,000 miles. Getting more weird starting issues, truck just shutting off after a second of running. Uconnect still sucks. Did they ever come up with a fix with drag link recall?? Probably not. Thanks ram.

Loudram

Just a sinner saved by grace
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The only real complaint with my new truck is that Ram didn't finish blacking the truck out. They do rims, badges, and smoke the headlights a bit but leave the exhaust tips polished, lug nuts chrome, and fog lights and taillights not smoked.

But I'll take care of all that. Already painted my exhaust tips black. Going to replace the lug nuts with black ones, get some taillight tint paint and do my fog lights to match the headlights, and eventually get some tinted led taillights. Other than that I LOVE my truck.

Brianj53

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar
After two and a half years, the only thing that bugs me on a daily basis is that my 3.6 gets really loud in the winter, not sure if it’s intake or exhaust. Makes an annoying drone in the cab when under any load. In summer it’s great, very quiet. In 40 years of owning vehicles, I’ve never had anything similar. Dealer says it’s normal, service writer says her 3.6 wrangler does it as well. I live on the cold prairies. Other than that no complaints, terrific on the highway, comfortable, quiet and tracks straight as an arrow.

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Power button on the radio?!?!?
Nawwwwww,.......we don't need that.

You can't turn your radio off?

I can mute it, change to USB input (so there is nothing there) or turn the whole infotainment system off. This was both on my 2015 and my 2020.

TheEnder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
I hate how ****** the valvetrains are in these trucks, oil returns too small, starving lifters of oil and then they seize and get very costly after a while if you don’t do 3K mile oil changes. I also hate how crappy the manifold bolts are. Like cmon, Chrysler.

Sent from my 2013 Magnum 4.7L V8