What DON'T you like about your RAM?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The only issue with that would be in a cell dead zone, have you had any problems with that?

Not yet, to be honest. I don’t look for places much in dead zones and I don’t spend a whole lotta time in dead zones but if I did, that would be one of the few times where my factory nav would just have to suffice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jacob Maguire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi5.7
Like many others have previously said, the amount of light stock headlights output leaves much to be desired. I live in a suburban environment and had not noticed until a few night drives through mountains, and another mountain drive with summer flash thunderstorm (an impressive SOB I might add) was the last of it.

HID head light conversion and LED fog light upgrade to the rescue.

Since the reverse, tag, interior and cargo have been upgraded to LEDas well. Pun intended, a true night and day difference.

b52ccc0f720d2b149c8fd1f81933a7c3.jpg

54c101c7c947e8c597a32bff3e457c5c.jpg

137d5dd22be664d2a78ad8dfd8941137.jpg

f4f6b41eb3112f522c949fdd51d96e29.jpg

b9a23f304315a3cc32499fb8cfe7003a.jpg

mnchopper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
What I dislike the most is how fast the rockers and cab corners rusted out and the tail gate, 2009 227000 miles crew cab three years ago I cut the rockers and cab corners out what was left of them and welded in new metal rockers and corners it made me sick how fast they went. The tailgate had rust at the bottom so while I had the paint and stuff I was going to do the tailgate, while cleaning up the rust I found the entire pinch seam at the bottom was gone after looking for a good tailgate I found they must be made of gold the price was staggering. I finially found one a 2017 rust free on craigs list that was down and backed into something so it had a large dent on the top of the gate, I was able to push about 80 percent out and cleaned it up with some bondo and repainted.

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
What I dislike the most is how fast the rockers and cab corners rusted out and the tail gate, 2009 227000 miles crew cab three years ago I cut the rockers and cab corners out what was left of them and welded in new metal rockers and corners it made me sick how fast they went. The tailgate had rust at the bottom so while I had the paint and stuff I was going to do the tailgate, while cleaning up the rust I found the entire pinch seam at the bottom was gone after looking for a good tailgate I found they must be made of gold the price was staggering. I finially found one a 2017 rust free on craigs list that was down and backed into something so it had a large dent on the top of the gate, I was able to push about 80 percent out and cleaned it up with some bondo and repainted.

Yep. Lots of rotted out rams around here. Very surprising. Rockers seem to be the weak point.

Tiped on ifone using Tapatalk and auto correct. Can’t you tell?

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Yep. Lots of rotted out rams around here. Very surprising. Rockers seem to be the weak point.

Tiped on ifone using Tapatalk and auto correct. Can’t you tell?
I get mine Krown serviced every year in the hopes of avoiding rust. Nothing worse than a truck you want to last a long time starting to rust...I'd probably still be driving my 99 Ram Sport at 224K if it didn't have rust in all of the aforementioned places.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Mustangmike66

Reaction score
Ram Year
N/A
Engine
N/A
That I don’t have the option to change themes or colors on my 8.4” Unconnect.

zacbar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My SXT has only one dome light, and there's no switch on it to turn it on manually.

Fatbob Frank

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
I don't like the fact that my touch screen doesn't work if I'm wearing gloves.
My wife's Grand Cherokee does...

MCMLXIX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI R/T
The buttons on the steering wheel for the radio, the center button that rotates through the presets. I wish you could use the directional (up/down) buttons to go forward and BACK through the presets... am I missing a setting?

The +/- gear buttons don't respond quick enough for my liking... it takes too long do downshift.

I wish the driver seat would go lower.

Express up windows would be nice....

So basically all little driver comfort/convenience items...

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The buttons on the steering wheel for the radio, the center button that rotates through the presets. I wish you could use the directional (up/down) buttons to go forward and BACK through the presets... am I missing a setting?
Um, I don’t think you are. The directional up/down button on the left is reserved for changing stations on the radio... changing songs on either an MP3 player, iPod, CD player and changing stations on the satellite radio. It would be silly to swap those two buttons around with that single button in the middle...lol. Other than just for changing the AM-FM presets in tuner mode, I really can’t remember what else that same center button works, other than the stored presets on the satellite radio.

I think considering for what each button does, it’s better off to be how it is.

The +/- gear buttons don't respond quick enough for my liking... it takes too long do downshift.
Are you racing in the Le Mans or Grand Prix??....lol. How quick do you want them to respond? I always thought mine were pretty quick.

I’m 6-foot with a lowered headliner due to having a sunroof and I got plenty of headroom. Won’t be wearing no 10-gallon Stetson hat tho, but my head don’t touch the roof.

Express up windows would be nice...
That’s not available on every trim model I don’t think, nor is it available on older years. But it probably could be added via Alfa OBD.

Last edited:

RodeoRam

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

So basically all little driver comfort/convenience items...

Yeah, the center button only goes forward through the presets. No other way I know of to go backward through them. Still, the steering wheel controls are convenient compared to, say, a 1990 radio, but I miss the remote for the Pioneer head unit in my previous truck. The same remote that I swore I would never use then got addicted to.

I'm 6' 5" and can empathize on the driver's seat. I delayed buying another Ram just so I could see which seats sit the lowest. To my surprise, of the models I tried out, the powered seat sat lower. Still not low enough with the ceiling crossbar of the crew cab right above my head. Can't wear a baseball cap without hitting the beanie on the ceiling and indenting my brain. Don't even think about the cowboy hat. Shoot, can't even get in the truck with the hat on. I miss my dad's '71 Dodge Camper Special for the room and ease of access.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So for those who say the seat’s too high, is it not possible to lean the back of the seat back just a little more to compensate?? I don’t know how tall the other guy is but maybe the reason I don’t have much of an issue with clearance even with my lower headliner due to the sunroof is because my seatback isn’t all that vertical.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Truth be told, what I dont like is not being able to drive it lately due to this stay at home order..... I love my truck!

They won’t let y’all leave at all? Our little bitty town so far as only had just one case of covid but staying at home really is only mandatory for the elderly and those with health problems. We can leave, we just have to do the 6 foot distance thing, and we have a 10 to 5 curfew at night but even with the curfew, if you’re going to work, going to get essential items, or emergency purposes they won’t mess with you.

rickjkline

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They won’t let y’all leave at all? Our little bitty town so far as only had just one case of covid but staying at home really is only mandatory for the elderly and those with health problems. We can leave, we just have to do the 6 foot distance thing, and we have a 10 to 5 curfew at night but even with the curfew, if you’re going to work, going to get essential items, or emergency purposes they won’t mess with you.

Yeah basically the same thing here but I have no real reason to leave.... When the wife says I need something... I am like I'LL GO !!!! :signs8:

RodeoRam

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So for those who say the seat’s too high, is it not possible to lean the back of the seat back just a little more to compensate?? I don’t know how tall the other guy is but maybe the reason I don’t have much of an issue with clearance even with my lower headliner due to the sunroof is because my seatback isn’t all that vertical.

I'm already very near the end of my arms reach for the steering wheel and my knees almost hit the dash, so no.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm already very near the end of my arms reach for the steering wheel and my knees almost hit the dash, so no.

Hmm... sounds like you got some really short arms and a long upper body...

Wish I could further suggest but I don’t know what to say unless do you have your seat all the down as far as it can go? It is an electric seat, right? Is it the 8-way, or the lesser one where you just got the basic front/back, and a couple other movements?

May have to look into lowering your seat. I’m sure there’s a way to do it.

Last edited: