What has been you're Ram experiences

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rayzaa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My view is Rams are solid but we see so many threads in here with problems and i get it, you want to know what to do or vent.
Just want to see if this is widespread or more like what I've experienced.
I want to know who has a Ram and if you have had no problems or minimum issues. Just tell us how your truck has been for you.

One day I may want a newer Ram from my 2007 and want to know how the newer versions are doing compared to the trouble free Ram I have.

When I first got my current Ram, it had a ticking lifter around 2k miles but took it in and they replaced them all and hasn't had any Issues since.

I had a 1998 Ram before this one and again when I first got it, the main fuse went out while on the freeway. It shut off but I coasted to a offramp and into a parking lot. Can't remember if i had it towed to the dealer or if they came and got it but they replaced the fuse and no issues after. Traded it in for the 2007.

Last edited:

ramsare4real

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
2018 2WD Express 5.7
Had to replace the driveshaft under warranty, a known issue. Third brake light gasket lost the seal; replaced, and stopped the leaking. Other than that, it has been problem free for 89K miles.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I've had 4 Ram trucks over the years, and they all served me well. Don't get me wrong...they all had little things to deal with now and then but nothing major happened except the engine replacement on the 6.4L 2500. That one had a hard ending but that wasn't its fault.

1999 1500:

Maddog Truckin'.jpg

2007 MegaCan

15-24.jpg

2014 6.4L 2500

14 65.jpg

I didn't own the 2014 long enough AFAIAC

14 66.jpg

2017 2500 CTD

20170705_093627.jpg

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
Besides the fuel filler tube my 2018 1500 5.7 has bee 100% trouble free .... 26k miles and I love this truck ...

I love the 4th Gen look and thought about trading it in for a 5th Gen but since it is already lifted with a 7" Maxtrac lift , 20x12 wheels wrapped in 37" Nitto Ridge Grapplers with 4.88 gears, I don't fee like spending all that money again to do the same to another truck since this one has been trouble free ....

TheEnder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
Oh boy. Always get excited when i see a thread like this.

To start, my 2013 Ram was purchased brand new off the showroom floor. Immediately used to haul stuff to and from a old house to a new house.

Truck has been and seems to always be absolutely flawless and still to this day has never had a check engine light. That truck saved my life after i jumped a curb and she somehow stayed still on loose wet dirt and didn’t roll over down a 200 foot embankment. Truck has pulled FAR above its tow limit flawlessly, been beaten on a bit too much actually and she has some battle scars i’ll be fixing eventually. She has a few upcoming mods like an 8 speed swap, stuff of that nature.

Moral of the story - my 1500 engrained in me that i’ll only buy Chrysler made trucks from here on out. Loved that truck so much i bought a Chrysler 300 and trust me it’s been such an amazing vehicle.

Attachments

• 99927733-0667-4A33-AB50-8ECC3B380A7D.jpeg
    99927733-0667-4A33-AB50-8ECC3B380A7D.jpeg
    122.1 KB · Views: 5
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
Oh boy. Always get excited when i see a thread like this.

To start, my 2013 Ram was purchased brand new off the showroom floor. Immediately used to haul stuff to and from a old house to a new house.

Truck has been and seems to always be absolutely flawless and still to this day has never had a check engine light. That truck saved my life after i jumped a curb and she somehow stayed still on loose wet dirt and didn’t roll over down a 200 foot embankment. Truck has pulled FAR above its tow limit flawlessly, been beaten on a bit too much actually and she has some battle scars i’ll be fixing eventually. She has a few upcoming mods like an 8 speed swap, stuff of that nature.

Moral of the story - my 1500 engrained in me that i’ll only buy Chrysler made trucks from here on out. Loved that truck so much i bought a Chrysler 300 and trust me it’s been such an amazing vehicle.
Now you really scored with your truck !!! I hope my truck is a warrior like yours ...

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
3rd Ram, first was a 1994 1500 that I drove for years with no problems. 2nd was 2003 that I just got rid of this year (parents had it for last 3) again ran great!. Couple of header bolts, and 2 front bearing hubs after 150,000 miles. Currently have a 2018 2500 running great, just a ABS sensor replaced under warranty. All trucks bought brand new. Had a Ford 2500 in 2001 and was the biggest piece of garbage, kept it less than year. Not saying all Ford's are but I won't have another. Ram forever!

aaronedmonton

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
My dads 2015 2500 Cummins had 1 small oil leak after 75k miles and that’s it. That was a good truck that I put quite a few miles on.

My current 2021 2500 Hemi is amazing to drive and I haven’t had any issues with 19k miles.

Zorin

Reaction score
I picked up a '02 Ram 1500 Quad Cab DIRT CHEAP years ago. Paid 800 for it, had 154,000 miles on it. Needed a bit of maintenance like a water pump, an A/C compressor, typical.

Drove the thing for 10 years, and put an additional 90,000 miles on it, and only had to replace the condensor fan motor, and a radiator. The truck NEVER failed to start, never let me or my wife down, just kept running.

I ran across my next good deal, an '09 Ford F150, and sold Big Dodge to a friend of the family. He STILL drives that truck to this day, and brings it back to me for service. Last time I saw it, it was still running fantastic, and was knocking on 270,000 miles.

My '09 Ford hasn't been anywhere near as trouble free as Big Dodge, and frankly, that's why I am here. The Ford IS getting replaced with another Ram, I'm just waiting for the prices to fall back maybe not where they were, but at least something I can stomach.

Jim S

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque
Cheechdog, I have a 2013 Tradesman quad cab. I bought it in 2015 with 34K miles. It now has 280K. Been a great truck. I'd tune it up, do a brake job, and change the oil, and drive it to Alaska with no reservations. 4.7l V8 and Automatic transmission.

Oh. And I had to change the bed because an 18 wheeler ran me off the road and scraped a sign down the side.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
Cheechdog, I have a 2013 Tradesman quad cab. I bought it in 2015 with 34K miles. It now has 280K. Been a great truck. I'd tune it up, do a brake job, and change the oil, and drive it to Alaska with no reservations. 4.7l V8 and Automatic transmission.

Oh. And I had to change the bed because an 18 wheeler ran me off the road and scraped a sign down the side.
280k miles ? Nice!!!! definitely a road warrior ...

CanRebel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
21 Rebel
Rear speakers weren't connected correctly.
Adjustable light switch was broken, hit bump and lights would turn on and off.
Dealer fixed both issues quickly.

Don't have all issues new uconnect has, but I do have some issues.

1. Onboard Nav, sometimes puts my in wrong location
2. My Iphone doesn't wireless charge 95% of the time
3. Can't put my phone in Phone slot when it's plugged, so I have put in cup holder.
4. When plugged into Phone, it always tells me no Phone is paired, but works anyway.
5. Randomly Phone plugged in won't work at all, unless pull over turn Truck off for at least 5 mins.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
21 Rebel

3. Can't put my phone in Phone slot when it's plugged, so I have put in cup holder.
4. When plugged into Phone, it always tells my no Phone is paired, but works anyway.
5. Randomly Phone plugged in won't work at all, unless pull over turn Truck off for at least 5 mins.
Way to mess up the good experience domino effect !!!! lol ..

CanRebel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I purchased 2014 Red BigHorn to tow my atvs. Paid $5k for it. Owner claimed it has 380,000 miles.
Was Farm Truck. Has paint bubbles in 5 places. Said he rarely changed the oil, used whatever was cheapest.
I changed the oil, brakes, tires (they were bald). No hemi tick or broken bolts. It runs great, but it's ugly with lots of chrome.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
I purchased 2014 Red BigHorn to tow my atvs. Paid $5k for it. Owner claimed it has 380,000 miles.
Was Farm Truck. Has paint bubbles in 5 places. Said he rarely changed the oil, used whatever was cheapest.
I changed the oil, brakes, tires (they were bald). No hemi tick or broken bolts. It runs great, but it's ugly with lots of chrome.
There we go !!! lol

OP
OP
Rayzaa

Rayzaa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
21 Rebel

4. When plugged into Phone, it always tells me no Phone is paired, but works anyway.
Well at least mechecally it is good. Would be nice to get the bugs out of this tech.

I've seen many posts in other forums of water pumps going out in Challengers but I haven't had that problem. Haven't see that in here for Rams but my water pump is the original pump.