what lift kit should I get? 13 1500 4wd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jakefromstatefarm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’m looking to lift my 13 ram 1500 4wd I’m looking for a 6” lift not trying to spend tons of money was looking at rc or zone I’ve seen some people say zone is better but idk looking for personal experience. With zone I’ve seen the rear 3” or 5” spring why do they offer different rear springs? I tow but not that much like maybe 1-2 times a week nothing to heavy just 2k trailer and 2-3500lb car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

qman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 ram 1500
Engine
5.7 hemi
i'm running a 6 inch pro comp kit. had some issues but was able to correct them my self. kit isn't full proof but not bad for the money. if you can't turn a wrench or don't have tools, then i recommend you go with bds. a couple of guys i know have bds kits and they have no issues.

rwhjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’ve got a 6” procomp and no complaints. I had a little creaking noise on stopping/starting when I first got it done but the shop that installed it retorqued all the bolts after I complained and now it’s been trouble free since.

So I can’t complain at all about pro comp and it rides like OEM setup.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the 6" BDS. The quality was great and I have had zero issues but in my opinion it was overpriced. I also upgraded and ordered the fox 2.0 rear shocks with the kit and ended up sending them back because they were valved way too soft. I have heard the Zone is basically the same lift and it's cheaper. I do a ton of car work and I've been doing my own wrenching for years and installed quite a few lift kits but as far as instructions go this lift kit had some of the worst I've ever seen. They offer 3 inch and 5 inch springs for people that want just still have a rake after the lift and also some people like to raise the truck a little higher in the front by adjusting up there 5100 shocks OR running spacers. I installed the three inch rear springs with a 6-inch Lift and the truck sits pretty much level. The lift kit comes with a 3/8" spacer for the front shocks but since I had the 5100 shocks I just adjusted up one notch and did not use the spacer and the trucks sits about level.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
As stated above, Zone/BDS have the option for 3” or 5” rear coils. Not all trucks are the same, some trucks the rear sits up 3” higher from the factory and some may not be so much. Measure your front fender height and rear fender height and see what the difference is. Then decide if you want the truck to sit level or be a little higher in the rear. It’s nice that these lifts give you options.

I have the 6” BDS, it’s been almost a year now with no issues at all, no squeaks or anything. I had them install Bilstein front 6112 coilovers and Bilstein rear shocks with Zone upper control arms. The coilovers gave me an additional couple inches up front so I went with the rear 5” coils. I bought mine from a BDS dealer and he gave me a great price imo.

Zone is also a good lift kit, lots of members have that kit here with zero issues.

Procomp is also a good kit, the only thing I didn’t like with it was that it uses 4.5” tall rear spacers for the lift versus new coils like Zone/BDS. However, procomp has the best rear control arm drop brackets, plus they have the front kicker bars. Procomp also includes stainless braided front brake lines just like BDS does.

Rough country also uses rear spacers.

We have members here with Superlift kits as well, no problems.

We have members here with all these kits, I don’t think any of them have problems with the kits, it was more installation issues.

Here’s my BDS

0F4EED32-1067-4D4C-A703-9A382C85710A.jpeg

A2B45EB6-BE3D-4794-A976-3355ECFF95B6.jpeg

817FFFD5-1CC1-4792-BDF1-47BDDB43B1ED.jpeg

63DE08F7-F58C-43C5-B077-526761A09DEF.jpeg

264CA50B-349A-4F26-A461-7625B9B151E3.jpeg

Shawn226

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L EcoDiesel
i had the RC 6" on my 2013 ram. i liked it, it was a mall crawler though so didnt care much about offroad performance. was simple enough to install in the driveway as well.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodie1990