What OEM Option Should I Add Next?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
jeepguy_1980

jeepguy_1980

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
The ignition control box won't work with the 2009-2012 trucks. It has nothing to do with getting the dealership to flash the computer. The cost to have it retro fitted would well out way the benefits of having it

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I have a 2013.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

hunter99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Since you have a sport I am guessing you have the auto dimming side view mirrors besides the rearview one? When you get the auto high beam one can you see if you can tell what's different? I am just curious. Oh could i ask if you could post the part number.

I don't really care about the rain sensing wipers as they can flake out with bugs but I do like the auto dimming feature.

OP
OP
jeepguy_1980

jeepguy_1980

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Since you have a sport I am guessing you have the auto dimming side view mirrors besides the rearview one? When you get the auto high beam one can you see if you can tell what's different? I am just curious. Oh could i ask if you could post the part number.

I don't really care about the rain sensing wipers as they can flake out with bugs but I do like the auto dimming feature.

I don't know if my side mirror auto dims or not.

Here are the part numbers:
Mirror: 68096094AB
Cover, Mirror: 1YW14DX9AB

I haven't tested this yet. So there may be more parts required or these may be incorrect.

ihnken33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Wow, I would LOVE to have the Sport hood on my Sport. Maybe one day... but no where in the near future. I need to get a towing hitch reciever installed. Hidden of course, or as hidden as they can make it. But that's my next project.

OP
OP
jeepguy_1980

jeepguy_1980

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
The mirror just came in today. The seller accidentally sent the wrong mirror the first time, which is why it took so long. I completed the install, which took about 5 minutes. The mirror I got on ebay still had part of the harness in tact. They just snipped the entire harness off. I was able to confirm that my harness has all of the same wires. Now I just have to get the BCM flashed.

The harness on the new mirror also had another connector that was not present in my truck. Now I'm off to investigate what it's for.

RamExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So your saying there could be more new features besides auto dim? AWESOME! :D

GW55

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport QC
Engine
Hemi, 5.7
How about adding memory seats.

partspimp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm new to the site. Just purchased a 2012 Ram 1500. Working on adding the Uconnect module as I have the buttons on the radio/steering wheel but no Uconnect.

Also thinking of a way to do a power tailgate lock. That way when I lock/unlock my truck the tailgate lock will respond the same.

emjohn4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm new to the site. Just purchased a 2012 Ram 1500. Working on adding the Uconnect module as I have the buttons on the radio/steering wheel but no Uconnect.

Also thinking of a way to do a power tailgate lock. That way when I lock/unlock my truck the tailgate lock will respond the same.

Mopar sells a locking tailgate kit....bolts right in and wires to the TIPM.

hunter99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The mirror just came in today. The seller accidentally sent the wrong mirror the first time, which is why it took so long. I completed the install, which took about 5 minutes. The mirror I got on ebay still had part of the harness in tact. They just snipped the entire harness off. I was able to confirm that my harness has all of the same wires. Now I just have to get the BCM flashed.

The harness on the new mirror also had another connector that was not present in my truck. Now I'm off to investigate what it's for.

Did you ever get this flashed and working. Kind of curious.

Thanks

nwram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Id like a remote start, heated seats, & if there's such a thing... factory seat covers

hunter99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

I was curious if you ever were to get this flashed and working. Found the setup myself and looking to add it.

OP
OP
jeepguy_1980

jeepguy_1980

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
No. I haven't been in town or had access to my truck for about a month now.

sirwankel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If i remember right from when I worked with auto glass, the part that is different for auto sensing wipers is just a rough spot where the sensor glues on. I believe they will work on a regular windshield also.

hunter99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I wonder if the mirror for the auto sensing wipers also works for the auto dimming high beams? I have found one and there is only one sensor besides the one in the mirror itself. Be aware this is for a 2013 and the mirror assembly is very different than previous years.

OP
OP
jeepguy_1980

jeepguy_1980

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
The auto wipers require a different windshield with a special sensor to work. The auto-highbeams require a special mirror with a sensor in it.

Auto-dim, auto-highbeams, and auto-mirror are all three different sensors.

sirwankel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Jeepguy_1980, I might need to pick your brain once I start installing stuff. I want to install a good amount of factory options that didn't come with my truck.

I have a regular head unit and need to decide if going aftermarket or factory would be the best route.

I have read that the lockpick will allow you to add 2 cameras and you should be able to make it flip to the front camera when going at a slow speed forward. With that said I would like to have a rear and front camera. I would also like to be able to play video off a HDD or have a video/audio input into the head unit. I would like to be able to play that video feed on two headrest monitors for the kids in the back. With all that said not sure if the lockpick can do all that or if I should look for something aftermarket. and Bluetooth

Other things I want to add are
Power locking tailgate
Would like not sure if they are out there: Power folding tow mirrors with heat, puddle and turn signals.
Heated seats for front and rear
Center console with console shift
HIDs
Level
Body lift
35" tires
Maybe figure out if dual zone HVAC is possible at all

hunter99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Jeepguy, was wondering if you ever got the auto dimming function flashed or not. Also have you looked into passive entry or at least push button start. I looked at it and just wasn't sure if it's just the push button with the module bend it as well as new fobs and a flash. I would be interested in that. Care less if I grab the door handle and it works or not. Use the fob 99% of the time to unlock the truck.

I did figure out the heated wheel and seats. Should have that resolved in a few weeks. Factory using the stock switches. They basically plug in besides a few more parts. Going to try to do a write up for all to reference.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rskew