What's a good used price on a 2016 Laramie with 24k miles and original MSRP of 53k?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nuieve

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Our local dealers all sell new 18' with similar MSRP for 37-38k and it seems like 30% off is a standard "best" discount for a new one that is fairly common.

So what's extra 2 years of wear and tear worth in terms of RAM value these days?

I found the rare unicorn that's 95% what I want in terms of colors and options... 200 miles away. Asking 35k. I feel like 2-3k off compared to new ones for 2 year of use is not a sufficient discount.

FXCLM5

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie CC
Engine
ED 3.0 V6
Whatever bluebook says? Hard to tell there are lots of options that can take a Laramie from 50-70k

Firebird

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi
Depends on your location. Around here in North Florida, you would pay around $32 to $35. I assume you are talking about a 1500?

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Local market availability, general condition, options and mileage are gonna drive the price and the pricing will vary from area to area.

The best representation of current pricing on local trucks is on KBB.com where you can check value for your zip code.

PW2018PW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Show me the ram dealer that selling new truck for 30 percent off and I'll go buy one tomorrow. Im shopping for a new 2500

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Check Kelly blue book and go from there.

OP
OP
N

Nuieve

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Show me the ram dealer that selling new truck for 30 percent off and I'll go buy one tomorrow. Im shopping for a new 2500

These are 1500s, I didn't check 2500s...
https://www.lithiadodgespokane.com/...okane-wa-ff41c7690a0e0ae80dac34aa44a40d6f.htm
https://www.lithiadodgespokane.com/...okane-wa-288662240a0e0adf53c2ab80b000e34b.htm
https://www.lithiadodgespokane.com/...okane-wa-ff41c79f0a0e0ae80dac34aa57fe32e0.htm

Whatever bluebook says? Hard to tell there are lots of options that can take a Laramie from 50-70k

Per window sticker MSRP is $53500.

I don't trust KBB one bit. It has not once in my lifetime given me an accurate price estimate on about 50 cars I tried to buy/sell. Generally I can get a more accurate estimate by walking into a bar and waking up that drunk/high homeless guy sleeping over the toilet in a puddle of own puke and asking him about the book value based on my VIN number.

Has KBB been proven particularly accurate in case of 1500s?

I did look up edmunds estimate which showed around 35k but like I said it doesn't make sense in the way that new RAMS with that MSRP cost only 2k more. Unless because it's Laramie it's more expensive/less rebates? I also know thousands of cases when dealers sell new cars/trucks for less than similar equipped used ones. Weird but happens all the time.

Depends on your location. Around here in North Florida, you would pay around $32 to $35. I assume you are talking about a 1500?

Yes, 1500 Laramie

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Check Kelly blue book and true car. They are good starting points.

JoshR104

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I have 2016 laramie with msrp of around 54k. I bought it new as a leftover for 37.5k out the door with tax and title was right around 40k. With all the work done to mine the best trade in I got offered was 35k. Most offered 30-31k. Bone stock I would say at most 32k if it has aftermarket parts then maybe higher.

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Also you can get much lower interest on loans for new than for used so you would wind up paying more for a used truck than a new one in the long run.

eldo

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
Pentastar
Agreed on looking at new.
Last October I bought a new Laramie 1500 msrp of 45 for 30.

I wasn't looking to buy new, but it only cost 2k more than 2 to 4 yr old.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

OP
OP
N

Nuieve

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That's a smoking deal you got.

30k is pretty much my budget... but I just don't see Laramies discounted that much. Does RAM run rebates month by month basis every month, and do they keep switching rebates for various trims or go without rebates some months? Right now they offer additional 3k or so for Big Horn. I wonder if they do it yearly and what are the changes of Laramies getting additional discounts.

Besides, I have hardtime finding one that is not MSRP'd into 60k. Nothing below 50k, so no chance of getting it down to 30k anyway.

eldo

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
Pentastar
I searched nation wide, I was willing to fly cross country for the right deal and then take a nice road trip.
Oct to Dec it seems they're trying to get rid of unsold stock on lot.
My requirements were pretty easy, so I was happy with a v6 at 3.21 rear end.

Until the end, I had focused on 14-16 looking for the 8 speed tyranny. On a whim I took the upper average price I was seeing, 25k ish, and decides to see what was available for new. Much to my surprise I saw excellent deals.

I was looking for something along the lines of a big horn, bench seat and cloth and crew cab. I found those at about 29.
For around 30 I found Laramie, console,rather, and quad cab.

To me, it was worth the trade off as the Laramie would have a higher resale a couple years down the road.

If I were you, and looking for a relatively late model ram, I would give it a couple weeks and check out all of the high volume dealers and any on lot stock that meets your requirements to hunt for the sweetheart deal.

I don't tow hardly at all, and mine is for daily driving (thus my interest in the v6) and road trips on highway.

I would expect that the 18s would be at least as discounted as my 17 since the 19s are a full model redesign and I'm sure the dealers want them off their lot.

But I realize I'm easy to please and don't have a lot of requirements besides a backup camera so my Mrs can reverse and not get too nervous.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

tidefan1967

Supporting Member
Reaction score
No way you find a new Laramie with the Hemi in the low 30's unless its a high volume dealer like Dennis Dillon. Pretty much all the leftover new 2018 4th gens that I'm seeing are Ecodiesels and a few Pentastars and they are still in the mid to mostly high 30's after all discounts.

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
Personally....I'd opt for a lower trim level and go new. I'm sure you could get a new 1500 for close to your budget. Then you'd have full factory warranties in place and your not buying someone else's problem child. Just my .02...you have to do what's best for you. Good luck

GRN69CHV

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Bought my '16 In January 2018. Laramie, Crew, Fully Loaded, only option mine doesn't have is air ride, 9400 miles, $37k. Truck came with 100K / 7 year warranty. It was virtually new truck. Previous owner had bought it end November 2016, garage kept, traded it in on a much lower priced V6 quad cab (might've even been a Tradesman).

OP
OP
N

Nuieve

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Personally....I'd opt for a lower trim level and go new. I'm sure you could get a new 1500 for close to your budget. Then you'd have full factory warranties in place and your not buying someone else's problem child. Just my .02...you have to do what's best for you. Good luck

I plan on buying mopar lifetime warranty. Also, Laramie has that nice wood dash (not available on Big Horn)... it's a minor thing but it makes a world of difference in making interior look properly luxurious. I'd rather pay a few extra grand for something I will enjoy looking at for many years to come. It's more important to me than any mechanical features.

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
I plan on buying mopar lifetime warranty. Also, Laramie has that nice wood dash (not available on Big Horn)... it's a minor thing but it makes a world of difference in making interior look properly luxurious. I'd rather pay a few extra grand for something I will enjoy looking at for many years to come. It's more important to me than any mechanical features.

Good deal. You have to do what is best for you with your hard earned money. Everyone is different and places priorities on different things. That's why we're lucky they build so many different trim options . There's no right or wrong answer.

NorthwestGuy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel 6.7
This is what I did and I'm glad I did. I'm the type that couldn't care less about the frills but I have to say I don't feel like I'm missing a thing. The mechanical peace of mind is the important thing, especially in a diesel.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I bought a fully load big Horn without sunroof. Perfect for me.