New on Forum, with a 1995 Ram 5.2 and a Lil Red Express

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Robeffy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 TD
Hi All,

I have a 95 Ram 1500 4x4, rust free ( go figure ), original paint, 318 with automatic. I bought it off a farmer type old timer who oil sprayed it every year and hardly drove it. His son decided to overload it and messed up the tranny a bit, overheated it. It has about 100,000 miles on it. It had the keg manifold blown gasket that I fixed with the Hughes Engine kit.

I have drained and replaced the tranny filter, and installed a drain plug on the pan. Put in a bottle of Lucas stop slip stuff and it is almost perfect, just slips on the 2-3 shift if there is no load / super low throttle.
Seem to me that as soon as there is some throttle / load, the revs are up enough that it shifts perfectly.

I wonder if there is low tranny oil pressure?

Also, taking the Lil Red intake manifold off. Whenever you drive it and shut it off, there is a coolant leak from the back of the motor, on the drivers side. This motor has never been touched, a 1979 360 E58 Police Interceptor motor.

Any thoughts on since I have the intake off, what else should I look at while I am that far into it?

Thanks in advance.
Rob

IMGP3952.jpg

Joe w.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 5.2l
Welcome always loved the lil red express trucks

OP
OP
Robeffy

Robeffy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 TD
Yup, the Lil Red's are nice. I had a chance to buy 1 as a trade in at the dealers, it was 1 year old... my wife and I picked this one up and restored it, mostly anyways. Its totally original, down to the hardware. Replaced the wood with red oak, cause the factory prototypes used that ( production ones used pine ).
I like those Super Bee model pickups. Grew up with them running around town..

Thanks for the welcomes!

Booms

The OG
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Express
Engine
Whipple 5.7 • SmoothBoost!
:welcome:

Love the Lil' Red Express..... :Big Laugh: