What's it worth? Realistically

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mbarclay

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
99 1500 5.9 with 166k lifetime transmission warranty, custom bumper, lifter with 35's. Some rust started......I'm selling a 2003 pontiac Grand Prix and this guy needs a car that gets good mileage and asked to trade even.... Seems like I would make out since I was only asking $3k for the car. The truck would be an easier sell for $3500-4000 I was thinking...

Thoughts?ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398888248.210176.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Unless the drive train is mechanically perfect, that body says it's worth less than $3k to me. Look at that rear door...YIKES.

OP
OP
Mbarclay

Mbarclay

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yeah that's what I was thinking I haven't seen it in person yet and he claims there's not much rust but that rear door isn't a good sign

OP
OP
Mbarclay

Mbarclay

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
And I'm sure the flares are hiding a lot

Johnn123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
If the bottom doors that bad id be scared to see whats under those flairs. Check that for sure. Also get under there and inspect really well! Check cab mounts for sure, there are no replacements available for those. Id probably walk away from that truck myself.

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
^This is coming from the blue truck rust king.

:hidesbehindsofa:

crxlvr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If it is rusting up there probably got behind the door too. Sills are probably gone but like everyone else. Get under the truck. Take a flare off if you can't get a good look.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

emjohn4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
15 year old truck, in New York, the land of excessive salt and long winters?

$2k, tops.

You can't expect to get a 15 year old truck and have it need nothing. I'd bet there are $2-$3k of repairs that need done, right off the bat. Plus, that "lifetime" transmission warranty should be a red flag. I'm sure it just started shifting funny yesterday, so Mr. New Owner, just drive it over to the transmission shop, and they'll fix you right up. But, sign over your title of your Grand Prix to me first. Never-mind that those warranties are rarely transferable, nor has the required services been done (fluid & filter changes), or that we didn't even rebuild the transmission, just put in sawdust and trans-fix to get the cheap ass previous owner out the door. So, please give me another $2k to get it fixed.

Pass. Super pass. Super ultra pass. Super ultra really fricken pass unless you like giant headaches, 8mpg, and stupid repair bills and oh, by the way, that hole in the door probably won't pass NY state inspection either; and that's assuming the undercarriage is pristine, which I can gauren-damn-tee it ain't.

JJP71584

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Without knowing specifics...$1500...high miles and an overall weathered vehicle...glws

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

jbmobbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360
C.R.A.P. in Tennessee that truck is $1000 to $1500 tops. And in my eyes its a parts truck for what isn't rusted lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

LaurenMagnum360

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
360 V8
that truck is junk. keep looking. i bought my 01 in February for 6k and it looks like it just rolled off the factory floor.

emjohn4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Don't do it! It's a Trap!

4751294612_ITS_A_TARP_SENATE_xlarge.jpeg

leadrofthepak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Whether folks from more forgiving climates and road conditions realize this or not, that truck still carries a value between 2-3K up here in the north-east. Rust free trucks may be plentiful in some parts of the country, they are quite rare up here. It is, quite frankly, average decay for a truck of its age and location. The aftermarket front bumper alone is worth upwards of $500. As long as the rust is the only negative factor in the trucks condition (healthy motor/trans/axles/suspension/steering/electronics/etc) it is a running, driving truck -it will fetch 3k all day every day up here in salt-rots-our-trucks land.

Last edited:

LaurenMagnum360

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
360 V8
Whether folks from more forgiving climates and road conditions realize this or not, that truck still carries a value between 2-3K up here in the north-east. Rust free trucks may be plentiful in some parts of the country, they are quite rare up here. It is, quite frankly, average decay for a truck of its age and location. The aftermarket front bumper alone is worth upwards of $500. As long as the rust is the only negative factor in the trucks condition (healthy motor/trans/axles/suspension/steering/electronics/etc) it is a running, driving truck -it will fetch 3k all day every day up here in salt-rots-our-trucks land.

mine came from connecticut -__-

you just have to look around. there ARE nice trucks for sale.

leadrofthepak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
mine came from connecticut -__-

you just have to look around. there ARE nice trucks for sale.

$6K is top of the market for a 2g gas powered ram, not a huge shocker you found a nice truck in that price bracket. I said trucks like the one you found are rare, not impossible to find. My point is, the truck up for debate in this thread still has value. No it is not a $6000 clean truck, nor is it a $1000 parts truck. $3k could be a fare market price for that truck in this part of the country (assuming the mechanicals are in order).

Johnn123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
$6K is top of the market for a 2g gas powered ram, not a huge shocker you found a nice truck in that price bracket. I said trucks like the one you found are rare, not impossible to find. My point is, the truck up for debate in this thread still has value. No it is not a $6000 clean truck, nor is it a $1000 parts truck. $3k could be a fare market price for that truck in this part of the country (assuming the mechanicals are in order).

Where I live, it could easily fetch $2k-$3k. Its not at part truck status yet from how it looks to me, just needs some lovin.

Heck, where I am, a good used Dana 60 front axle can command anywhere from $600-1000.

Last edited:

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Y'all poor suckers in rot-land.

*cough*rustfreemintchassisinmytruck*cough*

:hidesbehindsofa:

Carry on.