What's with all of the hatred for these 2019 Ram's?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D Rogers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I don't about y'all but I get nothing but lip about my Ram 1500. Garbage trucks ,don't waste your money Fiat Chrysler is horrible etc...I don't get it. This is by far the best truck I've owned,not perfect but darn close.

Barney556180

Don't need no stinkin' mask...
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
At least we have competitive choices in the marketplace.

As for the bad mouthing and attitudes, I’d remind them they probably shouldn’t buy one.

This goes for whichever brand of whatever is being trashed.

OP
OP
D Rogers

D Rogers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
For sure .Ram has great packages, decent pricing.I Qualified for 0 percent financing,90 days until first payment plus my dealer offers lifetime power train warranty.A lot of folks just don't like Ram , baffles me .

BigA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi Etorque
I have not heard any hate where I am, the 5th gens are everywhere now. Most of the hate I've scene is online in comments on different sites probably from people who want to put down what they don't have.

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I find a lot of hatred comes from strict, blind brand loyalty, and 2nd hand anecdotal stories about how “ My cousins friends dog walker had one and it was nothing but problems, so I’ll never own one.”

Then there’s the ones who buy a truck that’s got 200,000km on it, don’t do any maintenance or repairs, then are shocked when it fails them. So they immediately blame the manufacture.

Honestly I don’t think any of the big 3 make a bad truck, each have their own quirks and issues, and each do some things better or worse than the others.

Tim Garceau

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport Quad BSP
Engine
3.92 8 Speed 5.7 4X4
It’s doesn’t have a few of the trademark Ram features so the old-school Mopar crowd will need some time to adjust to the non-crosshair grill like with the dial shifter.

The front end is pretty European, where Ford and Chevy still have stout(boxy) noses.

All personal taste, but nobody questions the top of the line Luxury interior.

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah, I don't see why the hatred towards the 5th gen Rams. Beautiful trucks!
Even my '16 Ram Sport 4X4 rcsb is a beautiful truck. Interior is really nice and exterior is really nice.

yakalong

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Haven't heard a lot of hate, if they do hate it they are just jealous that they don't have one :cheers:

Hawkman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I love my 2019 RAM. I get compliments on it all the time. The only hatred I hear or see is here on the forum. I’m kind of like whatever, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

View attachment 180235

View attachment 180236

Beautiful truck. Is that the Laramie/Sport model. I am looking a similar truck in the Delmonico Red. Just hard to part with my 17 Rebel all blacked out.

CincyZach

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Beautiful truck. Is that the Laramie/Sport model. I am looking a similar truck in the Delmonico Red. Just hard to part with my 17 Rebel all blacked out.

Thank you! It’s a Big Horn. That Delmonico Red is sharpe as hell!! Good luck on your decision making.

Fatbob Frank

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
I test drove a 19 Rebel and then a 19 Laramie Sport.
Guess the interior sold me on the Laramie!
Easily the nicest vehicle (car or truck) I've ever owned.
Funny thing- my Ford friends like it and so do my Chevy friends and they don't agree on anything...
truck3.jpg
I agree, most of the dislike I've heard about the new Rams has been from Gen 4 owners...

tidefan1967

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I test drove a 19 Rebel and then a 19 Laramie Sport.
Guess the interior sold me on the Laramie!
Easily the nicest vehicle (car or truck) I've ever owned.
Funny thing- my Ford friends like it and so do my Chevy friends and they don't agree on anything...
View attachment 180274
I agree, most of the dislike I've heard about the new Rams has been from Gen 4 owners...
That interior is miles ahead of the competition including the 4th gens. I would consider buying one myself but I was kind of waiting on some extra horsepower and torque to make its way under the hood. If I didn't already own a fairly new RAM it wouldn't be a problem. Not to mention having the lifetime warranty plays into it quite a bit for me too since they don't offer it anymore. That blacked out Laramie that Cincy has looks great and I'm a chrome guy at heart.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bobram1500