What's your thought on buying a new 2023 from the rust belt?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Weekiman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I found one optioned with everything I want. What kind of corrosion will it have after going through one or two winters?

Racer9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Nothing to worry about. Sitting with snow falling on it and then melting off is no worse than being rained on.
If it had already been driven 10k in the winter on salty roads, then you might have an issue, but a good underside cleaning and oily rust preventative would have fixed you up.

dhay13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 6.4L Hemi 4.10's 'Off-Road'
I wouldn't worry about it. Even a couple of years in the rust belt still look very good

OP
OP
W

Weekiman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Do a visual inspection, but if it is a left over they have maintained it. I wouldn't worry about some bolts or such with a bit of corrosion.

Nothing to worry about. Sitting with snow falling on it and then melting off is no worse than being rained on.
If it had already been driven 10k in the winter on salty roads, then you might have an issue, but a good underside cleaning and oily rust preventative would have fixed you up.
Nice! It has ten miles on it so it has probably been test driven once. Hopefully not on salt.

zrock

Reaction score
ummm what are you going to do buy it and store it so it does not rust?

markabby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Do a visual inspection, but if it is a left over they have maintained it. I wouldn't worry about some bolts or such with a bit of corrosion.

i just mentioned thee bolts as a reference to see if anything would begin rusting.

GoWhite

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I live in north jersey. I’d buy it if the price is right. Rust is a fact of life for me.
You should look at some of the sale prices right now! Tradesman in Houston are going for $30-35K. I picked up a 4x4 crew cab 3.6 for $32k +ttl over the weekend. Autonation in Spring, and Mak Haik CDR each have about 200 1500s in stock and at big markdowns.

OP
OP
W

Weekiman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You should look at some of the sale prices right now! Tradesman in Houston are going for $30-35K. I picked up a 4x4 crew cab 3.6 for $32k +ttl over the weekend. Autonation in Spring, and Mak Haik CDR each have about 200 1500s in stock and at big markdowns.
I looked they do have some great deals. Thanks,

GoWhite

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I looked they do have some great deals. Thanks,
While I was there on Saturday, they were selling a lot of vehicles out of state. Ive heard that Ram wants to send them another 100 vehicles this week...