Wheel wobble

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bking99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
2003 5.7 Hemi, quad cab, 2wd..

Rear right wheel wobbles visibly in the mirror. Shakes in the steering wheel, seat, cup holders.. everything. Not too bad at normal speeds but between 70 and 78 or so it’s the worst and calms back down after 78mph. I sideswiped the little gas pump protector poles and banged the wheel which is when the problem started. Since then, I’ve replaced the wheels and gotten new tires so I don’t think they’re the problem. I’m thinking either the hub or bent axle shaft but my question is how to tell accurately which is at fault so I can buy the correct part. Neither is horribly expensive nor hard to replace but I don’t want to buy unnecessary parts. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Diro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
2003 5.7 Hemi, quad cab, 2wd..

Rear right wheel wobbles visibly in the mirror. Shakes in the steering wheel, seat, cup holders.. everything. Not too bad at normal speeds but between 70 and 78 or so it’s the worst and calms back down after 78mph. I sideswiped the little gas pump protector poles and banged the wheel which is when the problem started. Since then, I’ve replaced the wheels and gotten new tires so I don’t think they’re the problem. I’m thinking either the hub or bent axle shaft but my question is how to tell accurately which is at fault so I can buy the correct part. Neither is horribly expensive nor hard to replace but I don’t want to buy unnecessary parts. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks[/

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Diro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

If I was in you the first thing I’d lift the truck only in the back with a jack and put two jack stand one each side. Then put in gear and give gas. Someone can check if the shake is due by the wheel or the axel. The easiest way for understand if is the tire or the axel.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk