Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

REDNECK28871

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 RAM 1500 CLASSIC 5.7
Engine
WAIT LET ME GET THIS STRAIGHT YOU DECIIDED TO SPEND A SH?T LOAD OF MONEY ON A PRODUCT ON YOUR OWN BUT CANT MAKE DECISION ON WHAT COLOR ?! WTF

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Any contrasting color is ok if it's a few items and not overdone.

But you get red suspension links, then red calipers ...then someone's gong to tell you to put on red door handles ...and then a red pumpkin color. Of course any recovery hooks would need to be red ...red shock boots and steering stabilizers too. Then the next thing you know one day it'll be [gulp!] ...tripple-blade wipers in ...you guessed it -- RED! Eventually it'll happen, you'll be walking out to your truck and realize it suddenly looks overdone.

Of course I'm joking, red (or another color) would be fine ...but you've done a tasteful job so far... use your best judgement. You could order them in black and put a band of red vinyl tape, with a band of chrome silver tape too ...around them. That way you get a hint of 'red' but not TOO much. To me that would look great. And you could add more red or take it off if you wanted to. I get the sense that's what worries you ...overdoing it too much.

OP
OP
Socalramfan

Socalramfan

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Big Horn
Engine
Any contrasting color is ok if it's a few items and not overdone.

But you get red suspension links, then red calipers ...then someone's gong to tell you to put on red door handles ...and then a red pumpkin color. Of course any recovery hooks would need to be red ...red shock boots and steering stabilizers too. Then the next thing you know one day it'll be [gulp!] ...tripple-blade wipers in ...you guessed it -- RED! Eventually it'll happen, you'll be walking out to your truck and realize it suddenly looks overdone.

Of course I'm joking, red (or another color) would be fine ...but you've done a tasteful job so far... use your best judgement. You could order them in black and put a band of red vinyl tape, with a band of chrome silver tape too ...around them. That way you get a hint of 'red' but not TOO much. To me that would look great. And you could add more red or take it off if you wanted to. I get the sense that's what worries you ...overdoing it too much.

Your absolutely correct with the concern of not ‘over doing’ it. There’s a fine line between ‘Spot on’ and ‘Ghetto’. Kind of like woman with perfume…. just a touch to enhance, not a flippin bath in the stuff. :waytogo:

OP
OP
Socalramfan

Socalramfan

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Big Horn
Engine
WAIT LET ME GET THIS STRAIGHT YOU DECIIDED TO SPEND A SH?T LOAD OF MONEY ON A PRODUCT ON YOUR OWN BUT CANT MAKE DECISION ON WHAT COLOR ?! WTF
Oh that’s not the case at all. Just the contrary, I value the opinion of the members here and don’t hesitate for a second to get feedback, both positive and negative.

By far you guys, and girls, here rock and have some incredible Rams. From the beginning I’ve had my top two choices in mind, and it does seem to echo here as well. (Black vs Red).

Simple answer is buy another Ram, and do one in each color :waytogo::waytogo:

OP
OP
Socalramfan

Socalramfan

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Big Horn
Engine
OP
OP
Socalramfan

Socalramfan

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Big Horn
Engine
Update:

Thanks for everyone’s response. Gave me some aspects to think about.

Im going to go with a ‘Black’ set-up. If I every want to change accents on the Ram, that’s pretty easy with vinyl, wrap etc.

Keeping the undercarriage black will still allow it to compliment, and not clash.

Placing the order this week, and will post pics etc once installed :waytogo: