Which gaskets should I buy for BBK headers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fritosbag

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7l V8
6E26D187-3134-401A-9AFC-A9B2AE78EAB3.png
Hey guys so I previously had these headers on my 2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn 5.7l v8. The truck had an exhaust leak when I bought it because of a bad gasket and a broken stud. The dealer put stock manifolds back on without asking so I wanna put the headers back on, they don’t seem warped or cracked but I keep reading that the gasket and bolts BBK supplies with the kit are not good. Do you guys have any recommendations for where I should buy a gasket from for these headers or if I can even get a different brand of gasket?

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
REMFLEX gaskets. available on Amazon. Verify fitment.
Remflex 6022 Exhaust Gasket for Mopar V8 Engine, (Set of 2) https://a.co/29KUrdi

And while you're at it some nice ARP bolts to top them off.
ARP 440-1101 Header Bolt Kit (6ptMopar 5.7/6.1L Hemi) https://a.co/jcsRNd6

Last edited:

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
18Crewdually is right on the money , both are good stuff.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
View attachment 503500
Hey guys so I previously had these headers on my 2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn 5.7l v8. The truck had an exhaust leak when I bought it because of a bad gasket and a broken stud. The dealer put stock manifolds back on without asking so I wanna put the headers back on, they don’t seem warped or cracked but I keep reading that the gasket and bolts BBK supplies with the kit are not good. Do you guys have any recommendations for where I should buy a gasket from for these headers or if I can even get a different brand of gasket?
Look them over very close ,the welds on BBK's are famous for cracking ,so any weld needs to be checked. As stated Remflex 6022's are what you want

Burn2k12Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
View attachment 503500
As @Wild one stated those BBK's are not that good of quality and can be seen with the poor welds. Take a look here to give you an idea of what your in for with these BBK's.

Hydrasport23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just make sure the gaskets you use are reusable or get a supply of gaskets because you will be pulling those BBK headers every few months to weld up the cracks in the tubes. They possibly last the first year, then after that the warranty is over. The coating looks nice but they will leak worse than the OEM manifolds due to the cracks at the welds and along the tubes.