Which way does power flow through fuse in box?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stbear007007

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 sport crew
Engine
As I am about to hardwire dash cam with wiring kit I assume the linked fused ends that are to be installed in fuse box have to face a certain way because of power flow through? I have seen anything online anywhere which direction I should place fused wire ends in box for proper install. I really appreciate any help on this matter so when I install hardwire kit to dash cam incase any power failure or blown fuse will do so accordingly and not mess up anything thus blow the fuse and not my truck lol. It is a 4th gen 2015 crew sport hemi. Again ty

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
You'll need to check with a volt meter which side is "hot". If using a dual fuse tap in place of the fuse, you want the hot terminal to feed both the fuses.
For the little power a dash cam hardwire kit uses, you can buy an adapter that plugs into the back of one of the +12V power points in the console (or on the dash):
RED WOLF 12 Volt Power Adapter Wiring Harness Switch Connector Plug w/Fuse for Chrysler Dodge Ram 2001-2022 Power Outlet to Add Backup Camera CB Radio Radar Detectors Portable GPS https://a.co/d/6cewGah

ibike

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Fuse goes as close to supply as possible. If off the battery an inch or so from the post. If off the lugs on the tipm same story

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The fuses are not directional. A voltmeter would be your best friend as crash stated. Not sure what ibike is saying.
Dang crash. I wish I had seen that before I wired my wideband in. That would have been extremely helpful

2020PW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pull the power from the back of the mirror at the taps. Blendmouhts make them along with others.

Don’t forget this place will push certain products to make money, use caution: Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission

OP
OP
S

Stbear007007

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 sport crew
Engine
Yes I'll use a volt meter as I understand there is a proper way to place a wired fuse (fuse with wire attached) apparently when installing a hardwire kit for constant power for that parking monitor 24/7 with new dash cam plus the fact I can have all wires hidden with a clean install not using lighter port. Thanks for info as always

Mb7640

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes I'll use a volt meter as I understand there is a proper way to place a wired fuse (fuse with wire attached) apparently when installing a hardwire kit for constant power for that parking monitor 24/7 with new dash cam plus the fact I can have all wires hidden with a clean install not using lighter port. Thanks for info as always
Are you using separate batteries for parking mode? If not it may drain your main battery. I have separate batteries under my drivers seat they last around 50 hours if neee be and charges then while si drive

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Don’t forget this place will push certain products to make money, use caution:
The forum administration has not stated to push any products for monetary reasons, I have been sharing the link for that adapter long before the affiliate link was set up. It's actually only been recently that the forum has started using the links.