White paint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DDean

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Noticed today in the sun light I have a ton of swirl marks. I know there's a bunch of info here but is there anything special that people with white paint should do?

Lobster Poutine

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
if you dont have a machine polisher, correcting swirls really isnt going to happne.

you can mask them with a glaze which will fill in some of the mionor sworls, but it will be temporary.

the first step would be to identify where teh swirls are coming from, and its probably the wash method.

by hand, some good products to use are duragloss and meguiar's white wax.

by machine, endless.

AdamsPolishes

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
A shiny one
Since you're only operating in the clear coat, there are no special products or techniques to use that are color-specific. You can use the same products on your white truck as your neighbor's daughter uses on her pink one. ;)

Polishing with a machine is what it will take to remove that damage. You can make an improvement by hand, certainly, but you'll never achieve perfection. The human body just isn't capable of it, no matter how much coffee you drink!

Do you have a machine polisher in your arsenal?

OP
OP
DDean

DDean

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have an orbital buffer but that's it

carl0

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
Check out the Optimum poliseal. You just use microfiber towel or portter cable to buff the surface.