Why is email addy from this forum showing as "S197Forum"??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mojo88

Reaction score
Ram Year
None yet
I'm a new member on this forum. I love & use Thunderbird as my email client. Like many folks, I have a bunch of email addy's.

I have a strange issue with email coming from this forum. Thunderbird filters it as 'Junk' every single time, no matter what I do. I have not been able to bypass that yet, but I think what's causing it is the sender's info. If you look in the pic below, you will see that the email from this forum is listed as coming from S197Forum.com.
T-Bird screenshot.jpg

The weird thing is, if I log onto the Outlook site and check email there, the correct sender name appears, see pic below.

Does anyone have a clue as to why this might be happening? Is this forum somehow associated with S197Forum?? Thanks for any help...................

Outlook-screenshot.jpg

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
@Griffin @Shaggy

That's a new one for me.

Looks like a fullydriven network forum, (same owner as here)

OP
OP
Mojo88

Mojo88

Reaction score
Ram Year
None yet
@Griffin @Shaggy

That's a new one for me.

Looks like a fullydriven network forum, (same owner as here)
Many thanks, I kinda suspected there was some relationship between the forums. And somehow, Thunderbird is detecting it.

I will try one of my other email addy's and see if the issue goes away. I will update this thread after a trial.

Thanks again. I've never seen this behavior before. I should mention that I own a Roush Mustang and I am a member of the S197 Forum.

CanRebel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Many thanks, I kinda suspected there was some relationship between the forums. And somehow, Thunderbird is detecting it.

I will try one of my other email addy's and see if the issue goes away. I will update this thread after a trial.

Thanks again. I've never seen this behavior before. I should mention that I own a Roush Mustang and I am a member of the S197 Forum.

Try this.

Right-click the folder, Properties, Repair Folder, to rebuild the folder index that connects Subjects with message bodies.

@G-Ride990 it's an issue with Thunderbird, not the site.

OP
OP
Mojo88

Mojo88

Reaction score
Ram Year
None yet
Try this.

Right-click the folder, Properties, Repair Folder, to rebuild the folder index that connects Subjects with message bodies.
Thanks, I actually switched to another email addy, and the notification of your reply came through with no problem, it did not get filtered into the 'Junk' folder.

However, even with the new email addy (from a totally separate server), it still says your email notification came from: [email protected]

You can see the two different displays here on a snapshot (pic below) of the inbox. The sender displays as S197 Mustang Forum, but if I hover the cursor over that addy, I see it display (below) DODGE RAM FORUM.

So my guess is: I'm already a member at S197 Forum, and I have the sender of emails from that forum in my Contact list, and I'm guessing the sender is actually [email protected] thus Thunderbird sees an email from a sender in my Contact list and defaults to the info there.

email-issue3.jpg

CanRebel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
This site is fullydriven.com

Sometimes Thunderbird will mess up. Which is why I mentioned trying to repair the index. Some people have had even delete it and all cache files, when repair doesn't work.

Once the index is working correctly. It's relatively easy to stop it going to junk.
Tools, Account Settings, Junk Then you whitelist [email protected] (which looks like you have done already ? if it's in your contact list)

OP
OP
Mojo88

Mojo88

Reaction score
Ram Year
None yet
[email protected] is in my Whitelist for the S197 Forum. I will also Whitelist the Dodge Forum, but it will be the same sender. Interesting that the two separate Forums are using the same email addy. I would have 'assumed' a distinct forum would have a distinct email, but what do I know.... not much, haha.

Thanks for the help

CanRebel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
[email protected] is in my Whitelist for the S197 Forum. I will also Whitelist the Dodge Forum, but it will be the same sender. Interesting that the two separate Forums are using the same email addy. I would have 'assumed' a distinct forum would have a distinct email, but what do I know.... not much, haha.

Thanks for the help

Ya. I got you now. I was wrong it's not browser. They host many Auto Forums. You are right, I would have assumed they would do that as well.

Not trying to knock this forum, but it's really bad practice to use 'admin' for emailing. Emails should be coming from each domain, not network and not as "admin"

Griffin

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Ya, we own s197forums as well. Funny you should mention the admin@fullydriven because are planning to change up each forum we own to be distinct to that site. It takes a little bit of process, but definitely needs to be done. Lots of members don’t realize our admin@fullydriven is overall email used throughout our entire network, so it can be confusing. Thanks for the feedback and input. This will get us to push forward on adjusting our email name

OP
OP
Mojo88

Mojo88

Reaction score
Ram Year
None yet
Thanks gents. I really appreciate the comments and help. It's been an interesting little issue. @Griffin, good luck with that "bit of process". I truly appreciate the Forums you guys run.

I solved the original 'problem' by simply removing S197 Forum from my Thunderbird contacts list. Now I am getting the notification emails from DODGE RAM FORUM just fine......:gr_grin:

Thanks again

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357