Wierd sloshing noise....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PinkCamoDodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum v8 5.9
So I've been hearing this noise somewhere behind my glove box......sounds like a big bowl of water sloshing around? Kinda hard to explain. Very odd. Does anyone have any idea what this could be?

SmokedRam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Check you coolant level...not when the engine is cold, but actually take the radiator cap off, turn the engine on and allow the thermostat to cycle...add coolant or distilled water if low, replace the cap, take engine for a spin and see if the sloshing is still there.

Hollabakzach23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My old ford did that and it ended up being an air bubble in the cooling system. Try parking te truck on a steep hill with the radiator cap at the highest point. With the engine being cool enough take off the radiator cap and leave it off while revving the engine to about 1500-2000 rpm range and wait for coolant to bubble around the radiator cap. When the bubbles are gone put the cap back on. Worked for me!

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
Two excellent replies boys ^^ Spot on